Encouragement for Getting Gifts Made in 2015

judianne

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I got one pair of the bulky sleep socks done. I picked out the colors for the next 3

pairs I'm making, but the yarn is out of stock right now so I will just have to wait. 

post-72221-0-45276500-1428394954_thumb.jpg

good morning peeps!

Not much going on here in the way of gifts or charity work. Making a simple graph ghan for us right now. 

Any new projects to share?

I'm working on the rickrack rainbow baby blanket for the new GD due in July. It's slow going since it's all back loop sc. I'm taking breaks from it and working on some stash baskets and squares.

Mona, there are times I take a break from one project to work on another....which is why I usually have multiple WIPs sitting around...as I do now. I get bored way too easily. :lol  Are you crochetting stash baskets? And what are you going to do with the squares?

I always great great ideas from other people here ;)

Yes, I'm crocheting baskets with Bernat blanket and mega bulky for Christmas presents.The squares are for afghans that owlvamp is putting together. We're away for a long weekend and I brought the baby blanket and the squares to work on.

Good Morning Everyone.  Thought I would check in and see what is going on.

I have 2 projects going.  One is a doll (what else is new) and one is a surprise.  The doll is from Mary Maxim and it is all frilly, the other is a surprise for someone here and I will show you when it is delivered.

I do hope everyone is finally warming up and that anyone in the path of those storms are ok.

Mary Jo your projects sound like fun! Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

I have the one graph ghan I'm in the middle of...well, not really the middle> I need to complete about 20-30 mor rows for that to be true. I also have another project to start: a Yankee logo graph ghan. Can't share the site here, though, but will share my progress on that one. Waiting for the pattern to come. I ordered it to be sent via snail mail...

I have a graph ghan planned that I'm waiting to start on... I might actually have some of the yarn I need, so I sort of want to find it before I go ordering more of it, and then I also want to finish up a few things and use up some of my stash before I start it since I will need to stash-build for this one! I gave up impulse buying for Lent and I'm trying to extend some good budgeting beyond that. :lol

Can't wait to see pictures of yours, Judy; I love looking at graph-ghans.  :yes

Just spotted this thread & hope its ok to join in late! You are all making terrific items and I enjoyed all the eye candy for sure!!!

I am in hopes of getting a Christening blanket going for Grandbebe #2. I think they will use the same gown I made for #1

i too need to make placemats and put a dent in my cotton stash! Mary Jo did you use a certain pattern???

I also loved the rosary Ratdog made! Any pattern reference for that?

My last endeavor is another aran sweater for the one current grandbabe will outgrow come cold weather. Only this time I will crochet it.

Just spotted this thread & hope its ok to join in late! You are all making terrific items and I enjoyed all the eye candy for sure!!!

I am in hopes of getting a Christening blanket going for Grandbebe #2. I think they will use the same gown I made for #1

i too need to make placemats and put a dent in my cotton stash! Mary Jo did you use a certain pattern???

My last endeavor is another aran sweater for the one current grandbabe will outgrow come cold weather. Only this time I will crochet it.

Welcome, Mary! The more the merrier!! As you can see we love to see pictures of the work going on here, and as you can see from Ratdog's response, we're here to help if asked.

If you are asking about the towels, it is a kit from Mary Maxim. 

Everyone sounds like they are really busy.  I can't wait to see the gaph ghans, as I have not done one for a long while.  I love looking at them also.

Well, I finished my special project.  I don't usually do this, as the yarn is no longer available, unless you are lucky to find someone who will part with it.

One of our friends here had a home invasion and they took all the electronic stuff and because her Ipad was in her tote, they took the tote also.

Now I thought that is terrible and wish I could do something, but it was made in 2008 and Peaches and Cream changed hands.

Then she posted that she hoped they burn in H E Double Hockey Sticks.  That cracked me up.  I then decided to try and replace it with one that looks just like it.  I asked here and then on Ravelry.  I found someone who had the yarn and who was willing to trade for it.

The yarn was Peaches and Cream Victorian Christmas.  (no longer made).  If you look at the gif, you will see how close I got.  It is going out tomorrow.

Oh I also added a N hook that was inside the tote when it was stolen.

post-105-0-54257400-1429110439_thumb.jpg Old and New  The new has writing on the bottom.

Oh, Mary Jo - that is so unbelievably generous of you! Did you send it to her yet? She's going to be beside herself! Unbelievable work - it's virtually a clone!

Oh, Mary Jo - that is so unbelievably generous of you! Did you send it to her yet? She's going to be beside herself! Unbelievable work - it's virtually a clone!

I was hoping I got it right.  It will be going out tomorrow.  It was in a way fun trying to get the variegated yarn.

Thanks for the review.  I was not sure if I got it alright.

Archived