Encouragement for Getting Gifts Made in 2015

judianne

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I gave the Yankees graph ghan to the 14 YO...he loves it. Kept smiling and thanking me.  He later told his mom it looks like a painting and he wants to keep it on his bed.

Well, I gave the Yankees graph ghan to the 14 YO...he loves it. Kept smiling and thanking me.  He later told his mom it looks like a painting and he wants to keep it on his bed.

That is the best praise you could get.  I knew he would love it. 

Oh no, :eek:thair say it isn't so.  I keep falling behind.  126 days?

I have been crocheting off and on, but can't seem to get with it.  I made a pattern called Hanging Skeleton.  You will find it here

I have made some tea light ghost also, but have not gotten pictures yet.  I am now working on a special doll.

Hope everyone is doing well on their projects.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a great nephew with a love for orange.  I couldn't envision working with straight orange, so I found a Simply Soft Paints variegated that I really liked and finished my first Christmas present for the year.  Since my Mom made the kids a set, I suspect I can hold off until Christmas to give it to him.

Orange Scarf

Mary Jo, the doll is sooo cute!

Bailey4, I'm not much on orange, but that's a nice variegated--I'm sure he'll love it!

The GDs arrive tomorrow for 2 weeks, so I'm pretty sure there won't be any crochet time, but after that I've really got to bucket down and word on my list.

I saw the Polish peasant on a previous post but missed R2D2.  He's adorable.  I picked up a set of patterns on Etsy a few years back and only have finished Yoda so far. 

Greyhoundgrandma, one of the reasons I went for the variegated is I'm not a fan of orange in large quantities.  I usually limit it to Halloween or a secondary color in a fall afghan, etc.  However, we do many things for those we love and he loves his orange.  The thought of making a neon orange scarf and blinding myself doing it had no appeal.  This was my compromise to his preferences and my eyes. :lol:D

I have a great nephew with a love for orange.  I couldn't envision working with straight orange, so I found a Simply Soft Paints variegated that I really liked and finished my first Christmas present for the year.  Since my Mom made the kids a set, I suspect I can hold off until Christmas to give it to him.

Orange Scarf

it's pretty! I love bright colors but have made gifts for people with specific tastes using colors I don't like, so I know where you're coming from.

A fellow dog blogger is moving her family and I thought it would be fun to send her a different kind of house warming present.  I working through a series of holiday Dachshunds.  I have 3 finished and am over half way through the fourth.  This was the first.

Dachshund Witch

sweet!

Well here it is almost the end of September and I am AGAIN behind.  I got side tracked with some Halloween items.  I must stop with the ghost and skulls and such.  It is time to work on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I also got a little side tracked with TampaGuys cataract operation.  All went well, and it is so strange to see him without glasses.  After 44 years together I have not seen him without glasses, except to sleep and shower and of course haircut.  Now he only wears reading glasses.  But with the worry and the trips to the eye Dr. I got behind.

Hope everyone else is up to date.

Archived