Encouragement for Getting Gifts Made in 2015

judianne

Sounds familiar! I've got to finish a little pair of shoes, a hat and about a quarter of a baby blanket, so I can get them in the mail. Instead I've been making dishcloths. DIdn't touch any crocheting all weekend.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds like the Summer doldrums have hit early...lol!

Maybe it's just time to veg out for a couple of weeks? We can always share what we're doing to recharge our batteries.

• 2 weeks later...

That's an amazing ghan!

I worked on my baby blanket today (progress is soooo slow on that, it's unbelievable) and worked on a square for the friendship-ghan thread... and while working on the square came up with a blanket I want to try to make for my in-laws. I haven't made my MIL anything with yarn yet! And ocean colors would be very appropriate for them.

I too can't seem to get in gear... I havn't picked up my crocheting all week! Hope to get back to it soon.

Cute throw, Judy!

I've gotten a little side-tracked lately, But did finally get GD's birthday and GD-to-be's shower presents in the mail. Just need to get back to Christmas presents now.

I have been a little busy again.  Here is one of my new projects.  Dudley the Dragon.  Right now he is staying in Ami Ville and having a good time.  Real easy pattern and lots of fun to put together.

I will have more later.  I have finished a doll and a couple of ornaments.  I am right now working on a duckie woobie.

I finally got pictures of the 2 ornaments I made.  They are normally made with ww yarn, but I made them with size 10 thread and size 7 hook.

I still have to get a picture of Miss July, but she will be coming soon.  Here is where you can see Snowy and Rudolph

Mary Jo, those are incredible ornaments! The detail is perfect.

Looking forward to seeing Miss July!

I started the Yankees ghan...nothing much to see yet. It's a smallish graph, so I'll be making a deep border.

I'm at row 33/110 of the graph part now.

What great ornaments! Are they for a Christmas tree, or just sitting out to decorate somewhere? They'll look good wherever; but then I think Christmas decorations always look good! :lol

I've been working on my first square for an afghan for my husband's parents.... We've been married ten years now and I don't think I've made his mom anything yet! :embar I decided to do one square to start with since I'm doing it a little differently from my inspiration, and I wanted to see how big it would end up being to decide how many I need overall. Then I think I'm going to assembly-line them, do all of the center rounds, then add the next color on all the squares, etc. I don't know why but mentally I feel like that will make it go faster for me!

I have a box that says Christmas on the side.  I put everything in there that I am going to use or give at Christmas.  This way, I do not scramble to make ornaments and such to put in the mail.

That sounds interesting VikingRunningGirl.  I can't wait to see it.

I am sort of at an impasse right now.  I can't seem to get my act together to do some crocheting.  This happens every year at this time.  It is 90 degrees out and the humidity is in the 90's, so it feels like over 100.  This is the time of year I change from yarn to thread and it just seems like nothing looks right.

I have ripped out 4 patterns far, and just can't seem to find one I really want to work on.

Is anyone having trouble or is it just me?

I totally agree MaryJo.    It's not that hot here but the call of the outside flower beds is too much for me to ignore.    We will be going on vacation soon and I will get back to crocheting then.

Awesome gifts!!!

Tampa doll, those Christmas ornaments and that dragon are awesome!!!! I would be ecstatic if I received a dragon, they are a weakness of mine!

Viking, I love the colors younare putting in you MILs afghan.

Finished the first square for my in-laws' afghan! Eleven to go now.

Very good work...and I love the colors you're using!

I love the color combo of that square.  It is going to be beautiful.

I have finished the tote for next month and I am finishing up the last square for a baby blanket I am making for the American Legion silent Auction.  I may make a train to go in the boy's basket, I have not decided yet. 

Archived