Encouragement for Getting Gifts Made in 2015

judianne

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FIT FOR A PRINCESS?

making this wrap from the red heart site. Very easy pattern but i have overdone it and starting to feel tendonitis in my arm. No more progress on it tonight.

Still time to finish before Christmas. It may end up being perfect for New Year's Eve.

The sparkle yarn is not showing up well in the photo.:(

post-23494-0-43926500-1448932097_thumb.jpg

I have to check the length on my nieces scarf to see if I can go on to the pockets.  I also completed my first dress for the 2016 doll donation!!!  I used up some scarf yarn and made a dress from a pattern gifted during the holiday wishlist.  I also have the Pilgrim dress started.  I find if I can get the holiday dresses done before Christmas, they are more likely to be done for the next year's donation.  After Christmas I don't feel much like working on the Thanksgiving and Christmas dresses and I'm even less motivated as the Spring progresses.  Now or never.

I want to thank everyone for the encouragement this year, I am not scrambling at the last minute to finish things.  I can hardly wait for the new thread to start.

Happy Hanukkah to all our friends who celebrate.  December 7th.

Merry Christmas to everyone December 25th.

Honest opinions ... would you send this angel as part of a gift (not your mom or grandma who still wear the macaroni necklaces you made for them in 2nd grade)

I am just not sure she is cute enough. I think the eyes are wrong.

Thoughts?

post-23494-0-04336200-1449618651_thumb.jpg

Honest opinions ... would you send this angel as part of a gift (not your mom or grandma who still wear the macaroni necklaces you made for them in 2nd grade)

I am just not sure she is cute enough. I think the eyes are wrong.

Thoughts?

Knowing me, I would try and fix the one eye if I could. If I couldn't, it would be mine. I'm a bit ocd...esp with faces, which I have lots of trouble with.

My niece's middle son is a huge Minecraft fan, so I couldn't resist making this scarf when I found the free pattern.

Minecraft Creeper Inspired Scarf

Love the scarf! My son loves minecraft also. Obsessed is the word I usually use. Lol!

Mailed my last box for Christmas yesterday. Thought i was done but i now have one more handmade gift to go.

A good friend of my son is disney obsessed, as am i. I saw these little pillow type things at the park meant to hold a magic band wrist band when nor in use. Of course seeing the 12.95 pricetag i decided i can make a crochet version from my stash.

So i will make a minnie mouse bow magic band holder.

I have not been on here, trying to get everything out and decorate for Christmas.  Everything is done.  The last packages are in the mail tomorrow or Monday.

I will be on this thread next year and everything everyone has made has looked great.

In the mean time I am making this afghan for my middle granddaughter who is taking Drama as her major in High School.

I can't find the picture now, but it is the comedy/drama mask.  As soon as I get further along and the new thread starts, I will show you all.  I am going to need encouragement on this one.

Archived