Encouragement for Getting Gifts Made in 2015

judianne

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad had the cataract surgery when he was about 78 and was able to stop wearing glasses. Talk about strange! He had worn glasses since age 19. I was in my 30's seeing daddy without glasses.

My sister joked that next he would get his ears zapped and get rid of the hearing aids and leave mom (16 years his junior) for a younger woman!

I love them.  They are adorable.

I finished the October tote and I just finished a holder for some reading glasses.  I have made a few ornaments, that I need to take pictures of.

Still way behind.

• 2 weeks later...

My great-nephew is a huge Pokemon fan so I decided to make him a scarf for Christmas.  Next up I'm working on a Dr. Who crocheted version of the famous scarf.  Since the Pokemon scarf worked up easily I'm hoping to get another one made to donate.  I know my great-nephew can't be the only little boy out there with the obsession.

Pokemon Inspired Scarf

Wow, you've really got that hook flying, Bailey!

I started out pretty good with my list, but now it looks like I need to put priority numbers on them and see how much I can get done. I don't know whether the younger son and his family will be able to come for Christmas or not, so I need to finish the GD stuff so it can be mailed if they don't.

We always start off with the thought we have sooooo much time....

NOT! :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol

Prioritize and try and enjoy your projects. When crochet ceases to be the relaxing pastime we used to feel it may be time to take a break. :heart

Ok folks, I know I have been MIA, trying to care for Mom who is in an assisted living out of state,  youngest got married in May, gs#1 was born in May and in NICU for awhile, then gs#2 was born in July... ds#3 has been dealing with horrible PTSD issues since coming back from Iraq, and we just found out there is a new grandbaby due next May.   and I haven't done hardly any Christmas crochet... at all...  I love seeing all your finishes though.... Mary Jo... you ROCK with getting projects done!

Ok folks, I know I have been MIA, trying to care for Mom who is in an assisted living out of state,  youngest got married in May, gs#1 was born in May and in NICU for awhile, then gs#2 was born in July... ds#3 has been dealing with horrible PTSD issues since coming back from Iraq, and we just found out there is a new grandbaby due next May.   and I haven't done hardly any Christmas crochet... at all...  I love seeing all your finishes though.... Mary Jo... you ROCK with getting projects done!

Hi Lea,  Glad to see you back and glad to hear all the good news. 

I do hope your Mom is doing better.

:faint

I finished one of the matching sets of sweaters--a sleeveless vest--for the 2 GDs and just realized I didn't take a picture before I taped up the box. Oh, well, at least it's one more thing off my list.

WTG!! :clap

I finished one of the matching sets of sweaters--a sleeveless vest--for the 2 GDs and just realized I didn't take a picture before I taped up the box. Oh, well, at least it's one more thing off my list.

Oh how many times I have done that.  I just sent out a towel topper and potholder yesterday.  I posted it here.

On to the new tote and then :eek Christmas Crocheting :ctree:wreath:hbulb:rud 

A 36 by 33 blanket. Super easy, I made a couple of changes....it's the Peek-a-boo pattern from another villager here. Blog is: Gardner's Ramblings

post-8552-0-30135200-1445359518_thumb.jpg

Archived