Encouragement for Getting Gifts Made in 2015

judianne

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, my - I;m sorry for letting things slide here!

Where has the time gone...November already! :eek

Has anyone put stuff aside for next year - realizing a project won't get finished in time??

The hat and scarf I made for the 2 yo came out cute. The little neighbor whose mom is the NICU nurse wants blue. One color and no flower or anything else on it. Her coat is turquoise so it'll at least be pretty that way.
Forgot to take a picture of the scarf. Basic hdc with contrasting pink on the border.

Love the hat Judianne that is really cute.

Oh Ratdog perfect gift for your nephew.

I have put a couple projects aside for next year.  I was doing so well, then, well things got out of hand. 

I have been working on my Stocking stuffer swap and now that is done, I will get back to my give away's.

I'm making pretty good progress--finished one baby sweater except for buttons that I had to order, and halfway through the other. Narrowing down the list of what will actually get done this year...a little owl purse, a hat or maybe two, maybe a couple more cowls, and another cache basket or two--all pretty fast projects. Oh, and a gingerbread girl dress that I just got the yarn for.

Cute cat, Judy, and great money jar, ratdog!

Already starting a list of what I want to work on after the first of the year. I always have way more lists and ideas than time to do them.

Thanks, ladies!

Those little projects will be much appreciated, I'm sure! Sometimes those things we think are too easy turn out to be the best gifts.

Sounds like we will be back here for 2016, Mona!

I am having a really hard time wrapping my head around the fact I don't have much time between now and Christmas!!  Anyhow, as soon as I finish stocking stuffer swap I will go through the list and pick out the next thing and get on with it... My family increased by 3 this year :)

One of two hats promised to the little girl up the street. Matches her coat. Yarn is Turqua, with a bit of Aruba sea finishing the flower. Next hat will be Aruba sea with small edge of Turqua on the flower

post-8552-0-87660100-1447198144_thumb.jpg

I just had a set back on something I stiffened for my swap partner.  The bottom of the project is limp.  So limp, that it will not stand by itself.  I had to re-stiffen the bottom and I hope this works.

I am still trying to figure out what to make and send to a friend in England, that I have been a pen pal with since we were 10 or 12? I have made her totes and stuff.  She makes beautiful cards.  She is so good she has been able to have them displayed in a card and gift store (a neighborhood one).  I thought about card making stuff.  She did ask me one time for flat white orchids, but I could not find them.  Any ideas????

That's a tough one. 

I finished the Dr. Who scarf last night even with the tassles which I hate making.  I will have to get pics done, but at least one more Christmas project done.  I'm still working on SIL's pocket scarf.

Archived