Boxing Day CAL 2015 (charity items!)

babypoohsmom

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! I am back among the virus-free people of the world. Went back to work on Wednesday and as if the universe somehow knew I was better, I ended up with two Foster kittens on Thursday. They are older, about 4-5 months. They are terrified of everything, so they will take some work.

I did finish the 2nd brown hat and put a Pom pom on it. Used up nearly all of two shades of the brown.

Linda, congratulations on getting the scarf done. It must feel like a wild accomplishment after all of that wrist rehab!!

Mr Brown Hat has a brother now. Must be a younger brother because he has a pom pom. I still have a lot of the #2 yarn color, but you can see that the 3rd and 4th colors are almost gone. They will show up in a cat mat later. I had actually meant to make a correction on the second hat. The first three colors all have three rows of regular dc, and I meant to make three of the dark color before starting the ribbing, but somehow I forgot. I made the same mistake twice. At least I am consistent.

I also somehow got lucky and after 27 (yes I kept track) tries on the small Addi, I was able to get it to let me make a scarf. I have trouble with one needle catching. I have replaced the needle and cleaned all of the pieces, and I have no idea why needle #11 sticks. As I bought it in Germany, I can't really send it back. I can't get a good picture of it tonight. I'll try tomorrow.

post-13802-0-07889300-1425794689_thumb.jpg

I think I'm back in the crocheting groove

I'm finished with the 3rd bird nest,I think I'll make 50 total and hope to have them ready at the start of hurricane season June 1st

I have 20 from last year,but never got out to the very end of Va.Beach last year to deliver them

So glad to hear you are back in the swing of things again Linda.

This week I have made not one but two scarves on the small Addi. I am anxious to try #3! Maybe the jinx of needle 11 has passed. Knock on wood. Tomorrow after work I am going to a Coyotes/Blackhawks hockey game with my cousins from Chicago. The Coyotes stink so my cousins will probably be able to enjoy an easy win.

Then at (yikes) 7:30 the next morning I have to have these new kittens to surgery. What is it with surgeons and the crack of dawn? I scheduled it as soon as I could because I figured the drama of the day will frighten them back into the corner again and I will have to,start softening them up again. One already sits on my lap, but the other still sits in her bed looking supiciously at me.

Linda when you get to your goal count or goal date, you will have to take a picture of the batch of birds nests you've made so we can see how different they all look, like Darski did with her dolls!

I will have the scarf pictures on Friday.

Ok, so it's Sunday, not Friday. My little Foster kittens got their spay surgeries on Friday and they were still so drugged out that I had to sit with them for several hours. My friend was taking her 4 babies to see the rescue's vet tech on Thursday night. On her way back to her car, the crate broke and all the cats freaked out and ran. She found 3 of them, but one is still missing. We have been searching for him, but with no luck. He's a little guy so we can't imagine he got too far but we just can't find him. He already has his microchip so we are waiting and hoping.

So I finally made a scarf to match the purple hat I made ages ago.

post-13802-0-22512200-1426461565_thumb.jpg

And I made two more since the machine has decided to behave...

post-13802-0-24462300-1426461581_thumb.jpg

Randi, wow, you sly fox! You've been quiet and then BAM, you drop a pile of cute. Very nice. I love the design in the solid blue hat. You knit beautifully.

The little kitten has not been spotted in 4 days despite peppering the neighborhood with flyers and searching every evening (the better to see little glowing eyes with a flashlight). Then if my poor friend didn't have bad enough luck, she got rear-ended yesterday, she needs a break!

Hello all. First, the kitty never did turn up. We have one last place to check, so fingers crossed....

I made a hat these past few nights. It's called the Divine Hat. It should be called the holy-cow-this-pattern-uses-a-lot-of-yarn hat! It was time consuming and took a nice chunk out of an open skein of yarn I had. Don't worry, I am in no fear of running out of yarn any time soon. I thought from the picture that it was going to be difficult to make, but it was very easy. I have had the pattern stashed for a long time.

So here it t is:

post-13802-0-83170000-1427166055_thumb.jpg

Hello all. First, the kitty never did turn up. We have one last place to check, so fingers crossed....

I made a hat these past few nights. It's called the Divine Hat. It should be called the holy-cow-this-pattern-uses-a-lot-of-yarn hat! It was time consuming and took a nice chunk out of an open skein of yarn I had. Don't worry, I am in no fear of running out of yarn any time soon. I thought from the picture that it was going to be difficult to make, but it was very easy. I have had the pattern stashed for a long time.

So here it t is:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I love the "Divine Hat" it is one of those hats I can begin making while still at Walmart waiting for my friend.  and everyone loves the look of them.  I love the colouration you have.  so eye-catching.

Darski, have you ever made the Divine in variegated yarn? I thought the Tezzie hat would look good variegated but it was kind of awful.

Lol, I can just picture you sitting in one of those chairs at the front of the store, minding your own business....

Hmm, you can still see the pattern. Maybe I will try it after all. Thanks for the pic!

In real life the pattern stands out quite clearly.  I just can't get good pics these days. :(

Hollyzhobbyz; Beautiful blanket!!!  Love the colors!!  Is that a pattern you can share?

Darski, Very cheerful colors!!!  Question, what is a wheelchair wrap?  Same as a shawl? Just curious.

The pattern is from Lion Brand's website.  It's the Diagonal Crochet Throw, designed for Homespun yarn.  I used two strands of RHSS with an "N" hook.

Nice Holly. I have not seen that pattern before.

I made a Tezzie hat this week in a white yarn with silver in it. Very wintery looking. I also made a chunky kind of hat with 3 strands of yarn, a P hook and sc. The lady I follow on you tube (Margaret Olander) has been doing a lot of them lately and she gave me the bug. I was in so much pain last night that I finally just got up around 2 am and croched until 5 am and then went back to bed. Tomorrow is back to work so I hope I can sleep tonight.

post-13802-0-35984800-1427674028_thumb.jpgpost-13802-0-45095000-1427674040_thumb.jpg

Nice Holly. I have not seen that pattern before.

I made a Tezzie hat this week in a white yarn with silver in it. Very wintery looking. I also made a chunky kind of hat with 3 strands of yarn, a P hook and sc. The lady I follow on you tube (Margaret Olander) has been doing a lot of them lately and she gave me the bug. I was in so much pain last night that I finally just got up around 2 am and croched until 5 am and then went back to bed. Tomorrow is back to work so I hope I can sleep tonight.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I hope you find relief from the pain this evening

By the way Holly, I had to increase my screen view to read your avatar!

Thanks Linda. Besides the ankle erector set, I have nerve damage in my shins from getting a sunburn while on antibiotics (I probably told this story before) and I never know when the pain is going to fire up. Most of the time a pain pill does the trick but woo, last night was crazy.

Anyway, I was interrupted by dinner prep. I also made a bunch of scarves on the small Addi. Mr Needle 11 has decided to play nice for now so I took advantage!

post-13802-0-94105600-1427682212_thumb.jpg

Archived