Boxing Day CAL 2015 (charity items!)

babypoohsmom

Great way to finish it up.

I used up a bunch of super bulky Christmas yarn by making hats.  It is a Bernat "Icicle" yarn and not something I would ever buy again.

I'm hoping people just think the colours are bright and happy and not limited to any set time of year :sheepxmas

attachicon.gif015hats001.jpgattachicon.gif015hats002.jpg

... well, ever onward :wlol

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darski, I have the Birds of a Feather pattern tucked away somewhere. I loved the ones you made on the Hatbox CAL last year. That cluster pattern is so easy that I don't need to read a pattern, so it's good for TV watching.

I like you whole Christmas Collection. You've been busy.

I just noticed the post from Linda saying she started a scarf. Linda, I hope your wrist is being kind to you!

This isn't the same hat I showed you last week. Last week's was very purple. This one is sort of brown and sort of maroon, so, broon? (Yes this means I went back to Joann's, but could not find the black).

My Big Addi has started to act like my small one and I'm getting frustrated, so I may set them aside for a bit. I have loads of sewing to do. But I did get this one done last night...

post-13802-0-41722200-1423349483_thumb.jpg

Darski, I have the Birds of a Feather pattern tucked away somewhere. I loved the ones you made on the Hatbox CAL last year. That cluster pattern is so easy that I don't need to read a pattern, so it's good for TV watching.

I like you whole Christmas Collection. You've been busy.

I just noticed the post from Linda saying she started a scarf. Linda, I hope your wrist is being kind to you!

Its doing great, thanks 13 January of last yr is when I broke it,the only thing I don't like is now I can tell when the weather is going to get colder,it aches some.

you need to know where you put the pic on your computer.

Make sure you select [More reply options] at the lower right screen

when you get there you can type whatever message you want and then look to the lower left of the screen where it says "[Choose Files]

click on that and go to where your pic is on your comp.  click on the pic or pics you want to add.

when they have been uploaded you find the place in your post where you want the pic(s) and click on the [Add to Post] on the line where the pic is.

Last night I started an afghan for WUA blanket project. I decided to use two shades of pink, white, and grey in a chevron pattern.

Hoping to get it done soon!!

Then I plan to work on rectangles for WUA for the charity CAL.

Happy hooking everyone!!

Pink white and grey is a favorite combo of mine.  Looking forward to this one.

I have been doing hats just to use up leftover yarn bits.  I am going to miss this particular yarn: it is a Bernat worsted and this is the last of it.  I actually have another half a hat that needs a new colour for the finish :rofl

the second hat uses another of the shell patterns from my  280 Crochet Shell Stitches book.

post-4896-0-92808400-1423576490_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-30566700-1423576492_thumb.jpg

I think I will write up the pattern for the 2nd hat.  Love that stitch; it looks better in person.

post-4896-0-57703300-1423576493_thumb.jpg

I have been doing hats just to use up leftover yarn bits.  I am going to miss this particular yarn: it is a Bernat worsted and this is the last of it.  I actually have another half a hat that needs a new colour for the finish :rofl

the second hat uses another of the shell patterns from my  280 Crochet Shell Stitches book.

attachicon.gifha01.jpgattachicon.gifha02.jpg

I think I will write up the pattern for the 2nd hat.  Love that stitch; it looks better in person.

attachicon.gifha03.jpg

Very pretty!

Hi Yarnscrapper! That color combo does sound nice. I hope you can post a picture.

Darski, great hats! I noticed the model has a neck scarf thing...does that just pull on over the head? I haven't seen anything quite like it before.

I noticed the model has a neck scarf thing...does that just pull on over the head? I haven't seen anything quite like it before.

yes, it just goes over the head and keeps the throat warm.  I really like how it turned out.  I might try more of those.  It begins with sc ribbing st.

Archived