Boxing Day CAL 2015 (charity items!)

babypoohsmom

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a hat I made awhile back. This is some mill end yarn from Joann's. It's thin. Not quite sock yarn. But it had a self striping pattern that I didn't notice until I was done.

post-13802-0-66859900-1437615398_thumb.jpg

Confession: I bought 66 skeins of yarn today. The girl at Joann's was in the process of marking down Bernat value skeins to $1.97.

I feel like I dropped off the wagon. Sigh....

I'm actually pretty ashamed of myself. But I had to tell someone. I only have one or two crochet friends in real life. It's crazy the endorphins that are released when you combine craft purchases (fabric, yarn, etc) with a bargain. Well, I guess I need to add another couple of years to my life now. 66? I don't know what I was thinking. There was another lady in the aisle with me who filled her cart as much as I did.

I have to get back to making a couple of hats/scarves a day for charity again. Maybe that will ease my guilt. Two of my kittens go to Aan adoption center tomorrow. The third will follow as soon as there is room. We are taking a break for August.

By the way, today, July 25th, is the first time I noticed that I have not posted my 2015 numbers. Uh oh. I think I forgot all about the clever method I was using last year. So I will have to do some guessing.

Today I quilted and attached binding to a quilt that I made as a gift for our friend's first granddaughter. Now I need a good movie so I can sit and do the hand sewing on the binding.

Well, I have some pictures to take. I finished another headband with the flower on it, a scarf on the addi to match the hat in post #327 and a crochet hat made with some scraps. I was going to make a hat on the addi with the scraps but they would not work. I must have tried 8 or so times. But tonight I ran a skein of that Team Spirit yarn through with no problem. Stupid machine has a personality. The team spirit hat isn't done yet. It's the Viking's colors.

I even got the binding done on that baby quilt. Not a bad week I guess.

Gardener, I had no business buying that yarn! The odd thing is that a friend asked for a hat made on the Addi in camo yarn and I had no camo yarn, but I had a coupon, so that is the only reason I went in that day. It was hot and I didn't really want to get out of the car. Was it destiny? No probably not. But it sure felt fun for a bit. See me soon on "Hoarders" on TLC. The rush of the purchase and the thoughts in my head of all the things I could picture making is how people end up with so much stuff. I really am on a craft supplies diet now. I need some needles for binding but I am going to check my mom's stuff before I set a foot in a craft store. Too much temptation.

Hope you are all having fun. August is here. That means we have one more month of stinking hot, followed by a month of hot and finally was can move into uncomfortably warm - I look forward to November like Boston looks forward to spring.

It's amazing. I don't know how to save a pdf on my iPad. Are you going to download it? Are you allowed to share it with someone who wants it but is too dumb to figure out how to save it? Maybe there is a place in Ravelry where I can save it. Like a project queue.

Hope you feel better soon!

It's amazing. I don't know how to save a pdf on my iPad. Are you going to download it? Are you allowed to share it with someone who wants it but is too dumb to figure out how to save it? Maybe there is a place in Ravelry where I can save it. Like a project queue.

Hope you feel better soon!

Darski hope you feel better soon.

If you have an account at Ravelry you can add the pattern to your library.  I have a bunch of free patterns I've added and revisted when I've lost one.  You also get a copy added there if you buy one through Ravelry.  If it is a free pattern on Ravelry you can download and read it from Ravelry.  If it's not it will remind of the link to get to the pattern.  If it isn't a Ravelry pattern you can end up losing the pattern if the link dies.

Bailey, I did some clicking in Ravelry that night, but as I have never used any of their features, I am not sure if it actually saved.

It's not tragic, but it was a very pretty hat and I am always looking for new, hopefully easy, hat patterns.  And anything that Darski tests is a bonus because I can hit her up for help!!

I finally made a scarf to match the hat I made with what is probably sock yarn. The scarf is very thin and probably won't be very warm. I thought of doubling the yarn, but I wanted to see the self striping. Not sure what to do with the rest of the yarn. I think I have 2 and 1/2 more skeins. I could try a sock yarn hat. I'm not sure if I would have the patience though....

post-13802-0-84183400-1439180235_thumb.jpgpost-13802-0-24612900-1439180250_thumb.jpg

I also made this hat. My husband actually commented on it and tried it on! That never happens. He usually just says "why do you make so many hats"? This is the yarn that just would not work in the addi last week.

post-13802-0-99054800-1439180460_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice outfits Bailey! You have been busy. I guess one of these days I am going to have to watch Frozen. Maybe I will Red Box it for $1.

I have just been plugging along with cat mats, but have really been working on beds. I have a lot of them done. I will have to take a picture soon.

Our SAS store had some fleece on sale for $1 a yard so I got 18 yards and cut kennel blankets. Panda says they are cat-approved.

post-13802-0-24035700-1440141314_thumb.jpg

I am picking up foster kittens on Saturday.

Great work.  I know our dogs are huge fleece fans.  Even in summer they love to lay on top of the fleece blankets my Aunt and Mom made for DH.  They loved them so much that they have their own sports blankets cut down from larger pieces for DH's blankets.

Not a huge fan of Frozen myself, but the toys aren't for me, but for the kids so I try to focus on themes that will be enjoyed. :lol

Today's project allowed me to use up some sock yarn I won at a yarn event.  Since I don't make socks this outfit worked out well.

American Girl Skirt, Shirt, and Hat

I know I haven't posted in ages on anything I've done,well that's because nothing has been done sad to say

we are having a lot of difficulties here at the house with son in laws mobility,or lack of

I really liked the movie Frozen, and I never seem to tire of the song,we checked it out at the library,it amazes me to see a wait list with over 100 people in line,with each person having it for 2 weeks,it seems like it takes forever

Bailey4, I'm also a fan of book on tape/CD,our library has a good selection also

babypoohsmom, good luck with the newest batch of kitties

Hello Gardner,Darski and all others who stop by on this thread. :waving

Hi Linda. Sorry to hear that things are still difficult at home. We're glad you stopped in to support us.

I don't get movies at the library very often but I always have a book on CD in my car for my daily commute. I just finished "Don't Give Up, Don't Give In" by Louis Zamparini. The guy from the movie "Unbreakable"

I did a few cat mats last week...

post-13802-0-04019500-1440310394_thumb.jpg

Joann's had a 60% off coupon this week and I had two. So I got two bags of mill ends for $3.20 each. I made this hat from some yarn that looked like Caron Simply Soft..

post-13802-0-80675100-1440310409_thumb.jpg

And I also got this bag of cute chunky yarn. I made a hat and will do a scarf next. I might put them on my etsy site and donate if they don't sell..

post-13802-0-89380700-1440310426_thumb.jpgpost-13802-0-24008200-1440310438_thumb.jpg

And here is one of my cuties...

post-13802-0-01252200-1440310452_thumb.jpg

Archived