Boxing Day CAL 2015 (charity items!)

babypoohsmom

Round two, ringworm! Took the kittens to clinic for their boosters. Someone there must have had it and it spreads like crazy. So, more bleach....

I have been working a bit on a scarf I really like. Probably won't get pictures up until this weekend. Maybe it will be done.

Have fun camping Garderner. I'm sure it will be a nice break from technology.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally finished a doll project! No pics yet, but this was a huge hurdle. Hands have been sore and swollen and haven't felt like crocheting but I worked through simple pattern for baby doll and started on larger version for 18" donation dolls. Thankfully, I finished a few outfits in the winter, but I've more to do before the deadline.

Bailey - sorry to hear that your hands have been swollen. That stinks.

Glad to hear though that you've been able to work through it a bit. We shall anxiously await pictures!!

I finally finished a doll project! No pics yet, but this was a huge hurdle. Hands have been sore and swollen and haven't felt like crocheting but I worked through simple pattern for baby doll and started on larger version for 18" donation dolls. Thankfully, I finished a few outfits in the winter, but I've more to do before the deadline.

I am heading out this afternoon to mail the 2 boxes of doll clothes to you.  I am including a (new) LtL 10" baby with s small layette.

Sweetly

Absolutely adorable, Darski. I agree with the post that the pattern should have been called "Perfectly"

You can almost feel the care you took in every little detail. Nothing is skipped. Such a lovely and generous gift toward Bailey's project.

Every time you post I find myself sighing and touching the pictures on the screen.

wow!!!!! Thank you so much. The kids will be thrilled.

I have tracking numbers for you.  I haven't looked yet but will this aft.

CX543172704CA

CX543172695CA

I don't imagine that his is terribly confidential :rofl

My GOODNESS!!!!!  Darski there are not words.  These outfits for the 18" dolls are amazing.  They are beautiful, adorable, oh so incredibly cute.  The 8" doll is so sweet and the outfits are darling. 

I promise folks I will get pictures, but I want to do this justice, two good size postal boxes arrived bursting at the seams.  Once I unpacked the first box it wouldn't fit back in she packed it so tight with amazing clothes for the Aztec Wishes donation I make for Christmas.  There are so many amazing outfits in every possible color and style of yarn, with beads, and other finishing touches.  There are going to be some extremely happy little girls this Christmas.  The high school kids and the administrators who run this program are going to be thrilled. 

Thank you so much.  There truly aren't appropriate words.  This was an amazing gift of love.

God Bless.

I did my best to do justice to the amazing spread.  It is a wealth beyond imaginings going out to those little ones this Christmas.  I am truly looking forward to seeing the reactions of the high school students when they find out what they have received for their toy drive.

The first one is dressed because it had CPK beads which led me to believe it was for a Cabbage Patch doll.  It does in fact fit the 15" baby doll so I had it photographed while the outfit was on.

The bottom 8" doll came with the doll and all the beautiful accessories.

post-44922-0-20655300-1436797843_thumb.jpg

post-44922-0-92116500-1436797876_thumb.jpg

post-44922-0-00715200-1436797928_thumb.jpg

post-44922-0-63354300-1436797954_thumb.jpg

post-44922-0-84767300-1436797990_thumb.jpg

post-44922-0-21422300-1436798022_thumb.jpg

post-44922-0-94164700-1436798041_thumb.jpg

I did my best to do justice to the amazing spread.  It is a wealth beyond imaginings going out to those little ones this Christmas.  I am truly looking forward to seeing the reactions of the high school students when they find out what they have received for their toy drive.

The first one is dressed because it had CPK beads which led me to believe it was for a Cabbage Patch doll.  It does in fact fit the 15" baby doll so I had it photographed while the outfit was on.

The bottom 8" doll came with the doll and all the beautiful accessories.

Wow, that's quite a spread. Darksi's gift is certainly going to bring lots of joy. Everything is so cute!

Wow Darski, do your fingers hurt? You must have melted hooks getting all of that done. I have ooh'ed and aah'ed over the pictures for quite some time and I have picked the white dress with the pink trim as my favorite. It was NOT an easy task. The whale tail has to be a close second. What fun.

Must have felt like Christmas in July Bailey!!

You guys are making me feel like a slacker. Those are cure outfits. The blue one looks like a nurse or something. Maybe a nun in training. I'm not sure what I am thinking but she looks very "proper" like a young woman of the 50's or something. Did anyone else get that vibe or do I just need some sleep?

Round two, ringworm! Took the kittens to clinic for their boosters. Someone there must have had it and it spreads like crazy. So, more bleach....

I have been working a bit on a scarf I really like. Probably won't get pictures up until this weekend. Maybe it will be done.

Have fun camping Garderner. I'm sure it will be a nice break from technology.  

I just poked my head in and saw this. I used to breed hairless cats and ringworm can be a pain but there is an easy way to clear it up on cats. Program flea meds works well. If you google lufenuron ringworm cats, there are several results (I've posted a link to one below)

http://www.showcatsonline.com/x/program_and_ringworm.htm

Hope this helps. ;) 

You guys are making me feel like a slacker. Those are cure outfits. The blue one looks like a nurse or something. Maybe a nun in training. I'm not sure what I am thinking but she looks very "proper" like a young woman of the 50's or something. Did anyone else get that vibe or do I just need some sleep?

It had that proper look I remember from "older ladies" of my childhood.  It works with the historical concept of these dolls.

I have been working on more doll dresses while listening to audio books this week.  I've become slightly addicted to the audio books and thankfully the library has a decent selection.  I have to get more picture taken so I can post the outfits I've finished this week.  I'm thrilled to book working on patterns that are working through my yarn stash.  The room has gotten out of hand.

Today was a fun free pattern.

American Girl Ballerina

Archived