Boxing Day CAL 2015 (charity items!)

babypoohsmom

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, I got two hats done this week. On the first one, I used up a leftover bit of variegated yarn and finished with solid black. The solid black didn't match the black in the variegated yarn, but it's going to have to do.

And, you know I can't stay away from Joann's and I always seem to want to take a chance on odd mill end yarns. Well, it happened again. I found some very soft purple yarn with flecks of other colors. I thought it might split on the Addi, but it went through like a dream. I am so pleased with it and it is SO soft. There were 5 skeins in the pack and with my coupon it was less than $5. This hat took most of one skein. I will probably keep a few for gifts or the craft show and if the package with the same yarn only in black is still there tomorrow, I will buy it too.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice hats.

A few months ago a friend asked if I could show her how to make my style of cats beds so her Daisy troop could help her make some for one of their badges. I gave her about 8 yards of fleece and last week she gave me about 7 back. So...I decided I would spend the day cutting beds, etc. I cut and put all of the first seams in 9 beds, 7 pillows and about 100 toys. I'm pooped. I took a break and watched a bit of TV. I crocheted 8 toys. I wanted to make pink and red for Valentine's Day but the red was Caron and it doesn't work right when paired with regular acrylic so I switched to pink and cream.

Those are very nice.

Hello, I got two hats done this week. On the first one, I used up a leftover bit of variegated yarn and finished with solid black. The solid black didn't match the black in the variegated yarn, but it's going to have to do.

And, you know I can't stay away from Joann's and I always seem to want to take a chance on odd mill end yarns. Well, it happened again. I found some very soft purple yarn with flecks of other colors. I thought it might split on the Addi, but it went through like a dream. I am so pleased with it and it is SO soft. There were 5 skeins in the pack and with my coupon it was less than $5. This hat took most of one skein. I will probably keep a few for gifts or the craft show and if the package with the same yarn only in black is still there tomorrow, I will buy it too.

really nice hats

I have been concentrating on my shawls for the most part but this green yarn just kept calling my name until I used it up on these two hats. 

the larger one - w/ flower- is about a teen size and the other is for a smaller child. 

I love making hats and there is nothing better than hats with buttons and flowers :c9

post-4896-0-59845200-1422918027_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-96565100-1422918028_thumb.jpg

I realize the pics don't show the sizes in comparison. oh well. :wlol

Everyone has been very busy. What a lot of great projects.

I got sidetracked with the idea of making my new granddaughter some headbands. However if they work out, I can make some more for the pregnancy resource center. before I make more, I'm going to try out the two that I made on my granddaughter.

Everyone has been very busy. What a lot of great projects.

I got sidetracked with the idea of making my new granddaughter some headbands. However if they work out, I can make some more for the pregnancy resource center. before I make more, I'm going to try out the two that I made on my granddaughter.

I just posted a braided technique that I saw on Pinterest.  It is very adaptable and it might be well received by the younger set.

That braided thing

Darski, I love the hat on the left. It looked knitted to me at first. I rarely think of putting flowers on my hats. I'm going to have to think about that. I have a few flower patterns but I am sure they are easy to find.

And Bailey the doll blanket is cute. I tried to spy on the pattern but couldn't blownthe picture up enough.

I put a couple of rows in a hat I had started tonight. I had such a productive weekend that working two rows on a hat wasn't very satisfying but work pays the bills.

The bigger baby doll finally has a bib to wear.

Baby doll bib with pocket

so cute.  I love the little accessories for dolls

I am packing two boxes of doll stuff to send you.  I can't mail it until the snow goes away and it may take a bit.  I know you don't need them right away :rofl  but wil get them 0ff soon.

so cute.  I love the little accessories for dolls

I am packing two boxes of doll stuff to send you.  I can't mail it until the snow goes away and it may take a bit.  I know you don't need them right away :rofl  but wil get them 0ff soon.

I'm so excited.  I got an email from the director of the program today.  I mentioned I had some online friends sending stuff and she was thrilled.

I got the deal of the day ladies.  AC Moore has a rewards card and every so often they send me a $10 dollar coupon when I accumulate enough points from all the stuff I buy there.  Since they sell Thomas the Train along with yarn I earned my bonus coupon much faster than I expected.  I had one before Christmas and picked up my first doll for the 2015 donation then.  I was quite surprised to find one in the mail last week that expires at the end of Feb.  With all the snow I wasn't sure when I'd get out.  DH and I had an appointment down the street from AC Moore so he kindly dropped me by there on the way.  The dolls were on sale for $12.49 plus tax. 

With my coupon $2.49 for a Springfield doll.  So for both dolls this year I'm a little over $6 thanks to the rewards coupons!!!!

I have been concentrating on my shawls for the most part but this green yarn just kept calling my name until I used it up on these two hats. 

the larger one - w/ flower- is about a teen size and the other is for a smaller child. 

I love making hats and there is nothing better than hats with buttons and flowers :c9

attachicon.gifgreen01.jpgattachicon.gifgreen02.jpg

I realize the pics don't show the sizes in comparison. oh well. :wlol

Those are fun hats.

Bailey, both of those purple yarns are very pretty. They must have been fun to work with.

Tonight I made a quick stop at the Dollar Tree. Right in front they had a bin of yarn. I have seen yarn at bigger Dollar Tree's but never at mine. They had two kinds of Bernat Boa that could not tempt me but they also had Patons Bamboo Silk. Only in white. I grabbed two skeins and when I got home went to Ravelry for ideas and found that it is usually $7.50 a skein. Wow. It is very soft and probably would be great for a garment but I don't have patience for a project like that. Have any of you ever used it?

I used up a bunch of super bulky Christmas yarn by making hats.  It is a Bernat "Icicle" yarn and not something I would ever buy again.

I'm hoping people just think the colours are bright and happy and not limited to any set time of year :sheepxmas

post-4896-0-83836000-1423318547_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-31514500-1423318549_thumb.jpg

... well, ever onward :wlol

Archived