My 2013 Fair Entry

sahm2g1b

I FINALLY got my afghan done that I plan to enter into this year's fair.  And none too soon! It's less than 2 weeks away!  It wasn't difficult.  I just couldn't seem to get a lot of time at one time to work on it.  But, it's done and I'm very pleased with it!  It's all done in single crochet, and it lays across my queen-sized bed with a little drape on the sides.  In this pic, it's already washed, blocked, & dried, & ready to be entered. 

post-20325-0-58176900-1377917445_thumb.jpg

It's a beauty! sure to win a ribbon!

(FWIW... I just read recently to pin a note on things, if you are not there personally to set them out for display, saying "front side"... "back side". Sometimes the folks setting up the display, or their volunteer helpers, aren't so familiar with every craft type entered and will display things the wrong way.)

Thank you!  :hug   I'm so excited!  I'm counting down the days!  I have to drop it off for judging on Sept. 10th.  The Fair officially begin on Sept. 11th @ 5p.m. & then pick up of items is on Sept. 15th.  I'm always a nervous wreck until I see the results!  I really enjoy just entering, but winning a ribbon always makes it extra special! 

Thank you!  :hug   I'm so excited!  I'm counting down the days!  I have to drop it off for judging on Sept. 10th.  The Fair officially begin on Sept. 11th @ 5p.m. & then pick up of items is on Sept. 15th.  I'm always a nervous wreck until I see the results!  I really enjoy just entering, but winning a ribbon always makes it extra special! 

We're all dying to know how you "faired at the fair"!!!!!

Sorry to take so long in updating.  Not only has it been an extremely busy week, but I'm now dealing with the loss of a dear, sweet friend of mine.  Last night, she lost her earthly battle with stage-4 colon cancer.  She was 31 years young & left behind a loving husband & 3 young children.  :cry  She is now dancing at the feet of our Heavenly Father, and even though I will miss her, I would not wish her back to all the pain & sickness she has been dealing with. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK - on to news of the fair:

The entries were WAAAAAYYYY down this year - as in mine was the ONLY crocheted afghan entered this year! faintthud.gif The rule is if there is only one entry in a category, the entry automatically gets 2nd place. But, they loved my entry & went ahead & gave me a blue ribbon.

Again, all the entries were way down this year. Even the quilt entries were maybe 1/4 of what is usually entered. Not sure if it's because it was so late this year or what, but it was very sad.  Hopefully, the entries will be much better next year.

post-20325-0-57129700-1379271748_thumb.jpg

YAHOO!!!!  I knew you would do it!  It DEFINITELY deserved a blue ribbon!!

Our fair entries were down this year as well!  

Good Job!!

My prayers are with you and with your friend's family.

So sorry to hear about your friend.  There is a country that says there is a hole in the floor of heaven for them to watch over us.  As you said she is now free of pain and sickness.

CONGRATS on the blue ribbon.  That is wonderful.

Archived