my seraphina shawl*s* they're multiplying!

superfurry

thank you so much to everyone who helped me out with this. if there's anyone with eagle eyes out there you might notice it's changed colour! i had to wait for my spinner to spin me more of the lovely green stuff i was using and in the mean time a jumper threw itself at me in a charity shop and begged to be turned into a shawl :) the yarn is lace weight in a blend of cotton, rayon, poly, cashmere and angora. it is soooo silky soft and the shawl is very light but drapey and surprisingly warm.

edit: i've posted pix of my second effort on the end of the thread, page 6 i think :)

48612146_355dc51bbd.jpg

48612008_3ac3c579dc.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks guys :) it's kind of my second seraphina as i started another before this one but then had to stop and wait for more yarn. the new stuff arrived yesterday so now i can get back to the original. i used a 4mm hook, sorry i'm not sure how that translates into us sizes.

Beautiful shawl :manyheart I haven't yet made a seraphina shawl but it's moved to the top of my waiting list :)

Yours came out beautifully and I love the color you chose for it too :cheer

So you pulled apart the jumper to make this?

yep. it was a small size jumper and i didn't use the deep collar, cuffs and hem because they were the same yarn triple plied and i couldn't face going through unravelling it all. i hope there'll be enough left to make a pair of gloves.

Archived