my seraphina shawl*s* they're multiplying!

superfurry

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yay Would you, could you, will ya.....please post the instructions. I have one in the making now, but it has the shells, would like to do one like yours.....please!!

:ty LuCee

i've just about finished the first one i started, iyswim, save weaving in the ends of the button threads. i can't believe how different it looks in the different yarn (this is the handpsun coopworth that i had to go back to the spinner and get her to make me more, it also started me on my own spinning voyage of discovery because of the cost!)

it turned out on the small side so i've added buttons to keep it together, kinda capelet style. i love love love this hence the excessive number of photos :)

53027042_f94c87e27a.jpg

obligatory fuzzy bathroom mirror shot:

53027070_e746fb4537.jpg

and a detail to show how gorgeous the yarn is:

53026836_fdb4011628.jpg

and i promise that's the last of them!

Would you, could you, will ya.....please post the instructions. I have one in the making now, but it has the shells, would like to do one like yours.....please!!

LuCee

sorry lucee, i don't quite understand, mine is just a straightforward seraphina, no changes to the pattern. maybe it looks different because i used a fine yarn?

Oh wow - that is gorgeous! LOVE that yarn, and I really like your creative solution too - I'm definitely going to have to make one like that. I think it would make a perfect Christmas gift for my mom in this style. She's a tiny little gal, and this would work great for her.

So glad you shared ALL the pics! :clap Great job! :cheer

That's a beautiful pattern and you did a great job. I can picture that pattern done in a silver metallic wrapped yarn for a dressy wrap, like for New Years Eve etc.;)

@>-->--Mariyel--<--<@

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Lovely Seraphinas! I think I like the teal capelet the best and I love the buttons you've put on it. It has a totally different look that way!

I've made quite a few of these and my favorites are the ones from baby sport yarn with a K hook. They do open up to show the lovely design so beautifully. For those of you asking for the pattern, here is the ubiquitous Seraphina. Please be aware that there are some errors in the written instructions, or at the very least, Doni has an unconventional understanding of what "in the next space" means. Print it out and follow the pictures carefully in order to see what is happening.

Very beautiful, both of them. I still haven't made a Seraphina Shawl. (I have to finish the two I have started, first...) Gorgeous yarn, too, in the capelet one.

Tina

Archived