my seraphina shawl*s* they're multiplying!

superfurry

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's gorgeous! I think it's the first time I've seen this shawl in a solid color. It really shows how pretty the details in the pattern are.

I just finished one myself. It's so cool to see one crocheted with a finer weight yarn. It really speaks to the versatility of the pattern. Yours is gorgeous!!

I just finished one myself. It's so cool to see one crocheted with a finer weight yarn. It really speaks to the versatility of the pattern. Yours is gorgeous!!

where did you get your pattern to follow?

Your Shawl looks great. :yay I've found the pattern and want to make it for myself. What type of yarn did you used? :think

i didn't use commercial yarn, it was recyled from a jumper.

it took 10 days from buying the jumper to finishing the shawl but that includes the time taken to unravel the jumper and i was doing other crochet and spinning stuff in that time too.

the pattern is here.

i didn't use commercial yarn, it was recyled from a jumper.

it took 10 days from buying the jumper to finishing the shawl but that includes the time taken to unravel the jumper and i was doing other crochet and spinning stuff in that time too.

the pattern is here.

So what type of yarn would you rcommend using? I don't spin, so can't do my own yarn.

sorry i can't be specific and recommend a yarn. for a start i'm a beginner so i don't know that much and also i'm in the uk so i don't know any us brands. i think what's so nice about the pattern is it seems to work, with a different effect, in most weights of yarn. what i like about this one is the drape which comes from the cotton and rayon in the yarn. i'm working on another in wool which is a similar weight but because it's very springy the effect is totally different. but it still works.

the only thing i've heard people having problems with is boucle or other very fluffy yarn because then you can't see your stitches.

but i can answer for the weight, it's just over 5oz and the yarn is roughly 21wpi.

hth a bit.

Thank you,

I saw a yarn the other day that I like the look of. :c9 Think I'll give it a try, now that I know about how much I'll need of it. :hook

Whaou!

I never noticed how beautiful this pattern was untill I saw your work!

Youdid a great job, both yarn and colour are perfect.

Now this in on my "to-do-list" too!

and it's all your fault! :P

Thank you :c9

I see what everyone means about the shawl - the lighter weight yarn really gives it a totally different look! It's really gorgeous in that color, and the pattern shows up so beautifully! Oh no, another thing I want to make now:lol

:2frog

Archived