What Are You Working On?

After Christmas and New Year's holidays zoom in and out, I usually find myself looking for a project to keep my hooks busy. This time I didn't have to look hard as a new great-grand-daughter will be arriving into our world the end of February. So far I have managed to crochet a Rainbow Round Ripple with a pink hat to match, a lavender and white sweater set and now working on a crib blanket in white granny squares with different purples popcorn centers.

What has motivated you to keep your hookies going?

I'm making some things for my granddaughter's AG doll---a purse and a granny square throw. Using sock yarn for these, it's fun making the tiny squares.

And finishing a cardigan for myself that i put away a couple months ago to work on other things. Need to finish it while it's still cold enough to wear it.

My ongoing quest to complete the Lion Brand "Tree of Life afghan"! I've been hooking it for ages for Mr Skoggy's "Xmas" present. Also got a swap to work on. ;)

I'm working on a baby ghan for my 2nd grandchild- a grandson due in March. Also just finished a cowl for me, need to make another baby ghan for a co-worker that I need to have done by April. I am teaching myself to knit as well.

I am trying to use up the leftover yarn from other projects, so I am making small granny squares, so far I have made 100 of them since Dec. 26th! :hook

these squares work up quick!! even with weaving in the ends!!!

I am also working on a blackberry stitch blanket. :)

This is so cool to read about such great projects, not to mention the humor that pops up. Love it!

This afternoon and this evening I made more squares and started center colors for the crib blanket. I hope to finish this project in about a week so I can also make a car seat blanket to match the car seat/ buggy.

I was crocheting non-stop for weeks, so I've been resting this past week. I made some things for our new grandson, charity hats, and some mitts for dgd. In between, I worked on a purse for myself.

Now, all I need to do is sew the strap on the purse and it will be done! I'll probably do up a few more charity hats this week.

I hope to finish this project in about a week so I can also make a car seat blanket to match the car seat/ buggy.

I have a pattern for one of those. I should get round to making one for baby skogglet. I think they are a great idea with the holes to put the harness etc. :)

I have a pattern for one of those. I should get round to making one for baby skogglet. I think they are a great idea with the holes to put the harness etc. :)

There aren't too many patterns out there so I will probably make my own.

i am determined to finally finish a project i started 3 years ago.... :)

Would you please share the info on the pattern and yarns used in the LeisureArts Checkerboard Afghan pattern you made? The link in your old post no longer works and I am intrigued by the pattern and colors.

Older post link

This should work. It is still on LeisureArtsLibrary.com - http://www.leisurearts.com/products/checkerboard-afghan-crochet-pattern-digital-download.html

I am using bernat handicrafter cotton yarn, I am using off white, an ombre called crown jewels, the green is marina royale, and the purple is velvet orchid.

Right now my project isn't crochet related but in the end it will be. I'm redoing a bunch of furniture to turn an office into an amazing craft room with tons of organization and storage. It will be complete with sewing area, painting area, computer space, crocheting space, gift wrapping area, awesome storage, tv, and mini fridge. I might get lost in there! Right now most of the furniture is redone, the room is emptied and hopefully tomorrow the room will be completely painted and the rest of the furniture I have started will be done. Wish me luck! :)

This should work. It is still on LeisureArtsLibrary.com - http://www.leisurearts.com/products/checkerboard-afghan-crochet-pattern-digital-download.html

I am using bernat handicrafter cotton yarn, I am using off white, an ombre called crown jewels, the green is marina royale, and the purple is velvet orchid.

Thank you Merkity!

• 3 weeks later...

I placed an order for yarn in lilac's , dark purple; ormebra pink ; and I wanted to try those  lighted crochet hooks

I think I am going to crochet a ripple afghan ; but then i might change my mind when the yarn gets here

doing so many projects

still hand quilting on my butterfly quilt

doing some tatting; and some sewing blocks for another quilt

you get the picture; lol

Archived