What Are You Working On?

I started a sweater for myself a while ago and stopped to do a blanket and booties for a friends baby shower, then a hat for a friend starting chemotherapy.  Now I am going back to the sweater.  I hav no pattern I am using a simple ripple in double crochet and every five rows a treble crochet.  I am doing in in a circle starting at the bottom.  I have never doe this before and don't know how it will turnout, but so far so good.

this week I am working one a baby afghan... RoseRed's  5-10 point star burst afghan.  using an h hook, simply sof, and some very soft mystery acrylic yarn I found at big lots.  ON my J hook is an afghan for DH this one also uses simply soft in  charcoal heather, burgundy, and red heart soft mid blue.  Double strand, the pattern is a freebie on redheart.com . school spirit throw.  pretty basic pattern, dh picked it and the colors out.  and now it's time to get back to it lol.

I know I am getting consumed by crochet when I am starting to understand some of the lingo....On my I hook, is grandsons Amish bar afghan 4 more rows on last edge panel ready to do the 4 border panels...and will be done!!! woohoo!!!   On my H hook is a dishrag, maybe a dishtowel to hang on stove...undetermined yet. On my G hook, the beginnings of ...get ready...woohoo...The batman afghan...woohoo, someone gave me a pattern for it. I am so excited, still working on the beginning, 1st 12 rows all black...it is very very hard to see. I have never    done anything like this, no clue how to drop thread and pick it up but guess I will learn... On my other I hook is Zoeys blanket...it is the cozy striped throw from redheart, doing it in ombre sherbert, lime and pink, it is going to be adorable...5 rows in on it so far, Emmas has been ripped apart for the 3rd time and IS not at present getting even the chain stitch done again..

As soon as I turn off my computer, I'm going to put a couple of thread hearts I crocheted onto earring wires.  I've had the hearts ready for a couple of weeks or more and keep forgetting to assemble them.  If I don't do it now, I'll miss Valentine's day!

• 2 weeks later...

I am working on a ripple stitch afghan ;  I have gotten the " Crochet Bug" again and I thought I would start one in the colors I loved.

I think it might be ;pretty when I get it finished

I will try to get son to post a picture.

I am making a baby RR in Aruban Sea, Ocean and Lilac. I have 6 rows left. A baby star in Mint, Mint, yellow, white,and lilac variegated and Lilac. About 12 rows left. Two scarves that are Pink and variegated. A baby granny square in Pink, Lilac, and a pink, lilac and green variegated. The last three are for a Breast Cancer Raffle at work.

I'm trying to get as much done as possible, as I am having cataract surgery on Thursday

I am making a baby RR in Aruban Sea, Ocean and Lilac. I have 6 rows left. A baby star in Mint, Mint, yellow, white,and lilac variegated and Lilac. About 12 rows left. Two scarves that are Pink and variegated. A baby granny square in Pink, Lilac, and a pink, lilac and green variegated. The last three are for a Breast Cancer Raffle at work. I'm trying to get as much done as possible, as I am having cataract surgery on Thursday

Sounds like all have been very busy. I finished everything as of tonight for the new grt-grnd-daughter that arrived early on Feb 21. I took pics to post but haven't had time to organize them.

Milkyway- Hope your surgery is a complete success.

• 2 weeks later...

Right now i'm working on a nice little crochet hook case I found, nearly done with it! i started it this past friday and so far i've finished the inside lining and pockets, almost finished with the outside cover, and then i have the finishing trim to do. It only holds 10 hooks, but it's a good starting point and better than having them at the bottom of my crochet bag!

• 4 weeks later...

I have some 30 rows done of a blue/brown striped blanket... afghan... whatever you feel like calling it. I took a break and made a jelly bean bear from a pattern I found on crochetville. My sister just had a baby girl so I figured if it worked out well I could give it to her, so I did it in pink and white, and while it looks OK, the head is stitched on a little crooked, and the legs aren't QUITE where they should be, so it's getting to sit in my room and be my example of my first bear that I completed (even though I hate pink). Because my family doesn't know I crochet, and if I'm going to give someone something I made, I want it to be fantastic enough that they don't question the fact that I DO crochet, just accept it lol.

I think the head is crooked not because I stitched it on crooked but because I didn't stuff it enough so it doesn't "sit up" very well on the body. Oh well. It looks pretty fantastic when it's sitting down, it's just when you hold it up that you sort of scratch your head and go "something isn't quite right here."

Last week,I crocheted three heart pillows with a ruffle trim in matching colors for the three afghans I had already done and given to my friend for her and her two grandaughters. I don't like just stuffing the pillows without a liner so I had to make three heart pillows, sew them, stuff them before I could put the two pieces together and add the ruffle. But they came out very well. All are birthday gifts.

Now I am back to a couple of afghans, I tend to work on several projects at the same time, seem to get more done that way. Have a join as you go granny square afghan in the works, then just started a wavy baby blanket (not quite a ripple but softer). Bought teeny skeins of lighter weight yarn AC Moore last week to make little flowers to attach to the stretchy hats I bought at Walmart for 25 cents each. Doing these for a yearly baby shower my friend holds for several churches in February for unwed mommies and families in need. Wanted to jazz up the little hats, also bought, again at 25 cents, those little stretchy gloves and mittens for the little ones. May add little flowers to those also. And also have a couple of scarves sitting there waiting to be finished, for the boys I add little sports appliques, for girls, either hearts or flowers. Again, kicks them up a notch.

LI Roe

• 3 weeks later...

I lost a very close friend, one of group of sister friends, last month and just decided how to remember her.  Her color is blue, o I am making blue roses/Christmas ornaments for each of the friends in our group. 

I am addicted to this new pattern I can't seem to stop whipping them up to donate to Hospice they also area great stash busters takes less then 14 oz to make one...I have already whipped up 4 (one in white hard to photo well) and I have already started my 5th one in the multi-color

post-35509-0-66421700-1368216288_thumb.jpg

post-35509-0-78029500-1368216301_thumb.jpg

post-35509-0-17004700-1368216320_thumb.jpg

post-35509-0-87541600-1368216372_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am working on a checkerboard afghan and a basketweave afghan.  When I get bored with one I do some more on the other. 

It used to only take me 2 - 3 weeks to finish one.  That was before my daughter and her kids, dogs and cats moved in with me. 

Oh Lois-- I'm so sorry for your loss. The blue roses are a wonderful tribute to your dear sister friend and I'm sure the rest of your group will treasure them.

I lost a very close friend, one of group of sister friends, last month and just decided how to remember her.  Her color is blue, o I am making blue roses/Christmas ornaments for each of the friends in our group. 

Jayashiangel: You have been busy! I can see why you feel addicted to this particular one. They look lovely and the pattern looks easy. I'm sure they will be so very appreciated.

I am addicted to this new pattern I can't seem to stop whipping them up to donate to Hospice they also area great stash busters takes less then 14 oz to make one...I have already whipped up 4 (one in white hard to photo well) and I have already started my 5th one in the multi-color

How do you ever find time to get the hooks out? Wow- that is a houseful. I'll bet it's fun around there though! :) 

I look forward to seeing photos of the finished projects when you are ready to post them.

I am working on a checkerboard afghan and a basketweave afghan.  When I get bored with one I do some more on the other. 

It used to only take me 2 - 3 weeks to finish one.  That was before my daughter and her kids, dogs and cats moved in with me. 

Again, I am a glutton for punishment. I am crocheting 2 afghans at once again. One is a Granny out of leftover lavenders and purples for my sis. The other is a back loop only ripple for my oldest daughter for her birthday in Sept. I get in the washcloths and spa cloths here and there to keep things interesting.

I am refurbishing the metal bases of some retro mid-century table lamps from the late 1960's. They are going back in the living room. After sitting in the attic for 20 years. I was tired of the style and thought it was time to resurrect them for a change.

And, I'm gathering supplies to make 2 patchwork machine quilts with hand embroidery for my 2 grt grands. One crib size and one youth bed size. I also set out 3 little birdhouses to paint I had in my wood stash for a couple of years. One is going in another GD's fairy garden when complete. In between all that fun I make a pair of earrings or a bracelet here and there plus practice my embroidery stitches when I'm bored LOL! My projects are so much fun!

How do you ever find time to get the hooks out? Wow- that is a houseful. I'll bet it's fun around there though! :) 

I look forward to seeing photos of the finished projects when you are ready to post them.

Either late at night or early in the morning lol.  My grandson is almost 3 and I learned my lesson leaving things out.  He took my pinking shears, twice, and helped me out.  He cut the afghan (checkerboard) I was working on in several places.  I had to stop and repair it.  Or he takes my hooks and uses them to play with and ruined them.  Like I said, I have learned and put it up when he is around.  My granddaughter is almost 5 months and requires lots of grandma's attention :lol

I will have to figure out how to post them.  New computer that uses Windows 8 and is not user friendly.

LOL! Little ones do have minds of their own! We have 7 children (all grown now thank Goodness) and I remember all the little shinanigans they would pull when the back was turned.

Either late at night or early in the morning lol.  My grandson is almost 3 and I learned my lesson leaving things out.  He took my pinking shears, twice, and helped me out.  He cut the afghan (checkerboard) I was working on in several places.  I had to stop and repair it.  Or he takes my hooks and uses them to play with and ruined them.  Like I said, I have learned and put it up when he is around.  My granddaughter is almost 5 months and requires lots of grandma's attention :lol

I will have to figure out how to post them.  New computer that uses Windows 8 and is not user friendly.

Archived