Octet of green placemats

Afghaniac

The first one was so much fun to make that I made eight, and thought I'd show how they will actually be used for a summer lunch. The cute paper napkins are from my favorite boutique that just opened up around the corner from my house -- Dollar Tree.

The pattern is downright addictive.

post-1473-135897764985_thumb.jpg

You've set a beautiful table, so pretty and perfect for a summer meal. I made that doily years ago and just re-found the pattern after you posted this the other day.

What a great gift set this would be... Lucky for us to have Dollar Tree so close by, those napkins are a perfect match to go along with your place mats, nice!

Wow! Sitting by this table I wouldn't know what to enjoy more - the food or the placemats?:clap:clap:clap They are so great!

I wonder what kind of thread did you use?

Hah, you're onto me! Maybe I can distract guests from food they might not like with the tablescape!

I used Bernat Handicrafter worsted weight cotton. The color is Kiwi. I'm making some in yellow now.

Wow! Sitting by this table I wouldn't know what to enjoy more - the food or the placemats?:clap:clap:clap They are so great!

I wonder what kind of thread did you use?

The pattern is on the color of an old Better Homes & Gardens hardcover book called "White Crochet." Their mats, needless to say, are white. I've found I can almost make them without the pattern after crocheting so many! It's an easy pattern.

Love them! What pattern is this? I would love to make some as Christmas gifts.

The pattern is on the cover of a fairly old hardcover book called "White Crochet," by Better Homes & Gardens. You can probably get it on amazon or ebay.

Love them! What pattern is this? I would love to make some as Christmas gifts.

I'll bet your friends loved your table! And you could say with modesty "I made these myself!" What a nice feel!

Absolutely gorgeous placemats and you set a beautiful table, to boot!

Love those placemats! They are exactly what I've been looking for to use with my table. I have a small folding table so most placemats are too big, these look like they might be just right. I took a look on my local library's website and they have this book, so I put it on hold! I will pick it up tomorrow and get started. :hook

Love those placemats! They are exactly what I've been looking for to use with my table. I have a small folding table so most placemats are too big, these look like they might be just right. I took a look on my local library's website and they have this book, so I put it on hold! I will pick it up tomorrow and get started. :hook

I'm so pleased to have been even a little help to you, because I've really enjoyed using several of the great patterns that you've shared. In fact, I'm just finishing up a second sampler afghan in which your 12-inch squares play starring roles. When I get it together --soon, I hope-- I'll post a photo. Many, many thanks! And I hope you enjoy making and using the mats as much as I have. I think they're about 15 inches in diameter, and an expert designer like you could probably size them down with a little redesign.

Archived