Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Quick check in as I haven't done much in days! The "workers" as Little Tribble l calls them are still working on our deck. They have the boards up for the roof, now have to roof it. Hope it doesn't rain tomorrow so that they can get that part completed. Then on to siding the front and then they will have to come inside and work on Little Tribbles' room.

I was off for one night and now have 2 more 12 hour shifts to do before I am off on vacation!!! I won't come back to work till the 16th! Yay. I am planning on making a sonic cake for Little Tribble and right now I am working on a crochet sonic for him. I hope to have it done this week.

Nothing else exciting going on. Still have to get out and clean that dog run! It's such a mess from the rain. Will probably do that Friday so we can go and buy a couple bales of straw. I think the straw that's out there is going to have to go. Time to change it all.

Hope everyone has a great night!

oh i love sonic, that is the  first game i could actually play well, well besides my Mario, lol and i loved how he and foxy zipped around the tracks!! i would love to see your crcheted sonic when you get it done. you sure work hard, and long hours, Im glad youre getting a vacaation soon. !! 

Katy I will be anxiously awaiting a report back on those pans. They look great on the tv ads. I hope the coating really does not come off as advertised. I was so dissappointed with teflon.

Finished another 40x60 afghan for Project Linus

attachicon.gif20160422_085914.jpg

ghan is lovely, found another charity for my works so i don't have to stop making them, lol now I have two to work for, so Im a happy camper... and yes, i said i wanted them a couple times, but that does not always mean handydan doesn't have his own gift in mind, lol we'll see, if mothers day does not produce at least the fry pans, i might go and get that myself, lol 

Good morning everyone! Not much new here but lots of rain! I've been tidying up the house. My girls will be home from college in a week. :). I am looking forward to them helping me out. I have many dump runs and more cleaning to do.

Yes, Katy, you can hook any of those gadgets to a speaker with a special plug. The iPad one has an end that goes into the speaker and the other end that plugs special into your iPad. I must admit, though, that nothing today has the sound like that of the speakers and sound systems of decades gone by. I love my music loud and I love it with perfect sound just like my grandfather used to play his music. Bose is the only brand of speakers that come close but the music today doesn't have a great surround sound in the original format to begin.

oh, thank you, good thing i saved those old speakers, but honestly, i have thought music on pretty much qny device,is better coming off a  cds or satillite or mp3 ia ia better too, i have what i think they called a Booster, my speakers plug into and that boosts the bass and well, it sounds amazing with that, the guy at best buy talked me into that when i bought the computer, young kid, glad he did, he knew what he was talking about, lol 

OH sad news, yarnscrapper will no longer be on the bday list, as she has a life to do right now, lol but we understand, wish her well, and hope she has time for us soon. Thank you for your participation shawn, you are welcome back anytime you want..... thank you for letting us know as well. best of the best shawn, see ya around the ville!! 

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh i love sonic, that is the  first game i could actually play well, well besides my Mario, lol and i loved how he and foxy zipped around the tracks!! i would love to see your crcheted sonic when you get it done. you sure work hard, and long hours, Im glad youre getting a vacaation soon. !! 

OH sad news, yarnscrapper will no longer be on the bday list, as she has a life to do right now, lol but we understand, wish her well, and hope she has time for us soon. Thank you for your participation shawn, you are welcome back anytime you want..... thank you for letting us know as well. best of the best shawn, see ya around the ville!! 

I most definitely will share it ;) He just recently got into sonic as over the winter it was Foxy in Five Nights at Freddies. He wants a Sonic Foxy too, but I doubt I will have time to get it complete by his birthday on the 11th - might try to get it done for him for Christmas, along with another character from Five Nights at Freddies (I made him a foxy from Christmas 2015

Will miss yarnscrapper! Hope she's able to come back soon.

i did it, took the plunge, into the craft room closet that is......i have everything out of the floor area, left the up top shelf till tomorrow, and will finish going through the bins tomorrow too, but at least i know what i have to sort, lol  most of it will be condensed,and rearranged, and such, but not much really i am getting rid of in there, maybe some Christmas stuff, that is what is on the top shelf, couple bins, and stuff, won't take long to go trough that but now the rest of the room is a mess, as i started sorting this aft, and didin't get it all done et, lol so things are here and there, and not in proper storage, lol won't takelong though, im sure once I get to it. 

nothing much new on this end, cept that, was a nice day today, one of the best they say so far, more rain on the weekend, so gotta enjoy it till then, huh.

im gonna have some empty bins  think, and if handyman cant find a use for them, ill put them at the curb probably, won't need them again and if i did, i like the clear ones better anyway, so i can see what's in them at a glance, and those solid color ones, I use for the Christmas stuff, and i already have those pretty much all ill need, so that's about it...they may be condensed down too, who knows, once i go through them, huh, lol 

had pizza for din din tonight, quick and easy, he worked today doing a window for someone, and i worked doing the closet, so we both decided order in tonight, lol

oh sheesh, i am beat, gonna shower and then call it a day, hope you all have a good one!!! 

Good Morning Ya'll. I know its real early. 1:30 AM. I couldn't sleep. So, I thought I would tell you all Good Morning. When you all get up.  It has been raining all night here. And cool. Only 30 degrees. It is only going to be 55 degrees today. Chance of more rain.  Going to clean house some today. Haven't got much to do. Just some laundry. Sweep, mop floors, stuff like that. I am crocheting a mermaid. It looks good. I got her body done. I am working on her head. Got to put her hair on. Made some pretty little lips. Fixing to sew them on. But I can't find no good  crochet doll eyes. Anybody know where on the internet I can find crochet doll eyes at. And a nose. Got the ears made and sewed on. They look cute. Made them just looking at a picture on internet. Well you all when you get up and around have a nice day.  :hug

You could try amazon. They have almost everything anymore.... Good luck. Would love to see your mermaid when she is completed...

about 1 1/2 hours till I get off work. Shew been a long night Will get to bed around 11 and will be back up about 3:30. Hope I can sleep better today. Was tough staying awake at work last night, cause I didn't sleep well yesterday.

Hope to get at least 1 chore done today...

have a good day all!

congrats tribble!! on the bag, we all love ours!!  

rlene you must beso happy and  proud o f your mermaid, hope to see it soon!!!! 

Hi ya carol, consider  yourself popped back, lol

how doing Benda, good to see your post, hope all is well, i ws going to say normal, but have learned through years of experience, there is no set normal, we each have our own brand of it, so... lol my normal is going ok today, mailed out the may puffies,today too, and now, gonna finish that closet, it bugged me all night, leaving things in such dissarray, just not like me, lol so back to work ladies, have a great day, expect those puffys about wednesday im thinking.llllllll

katy things are just going. May is

busy. Last weekend was a master weekend for bonsai and this weekend we have a 3 day exhibit at Powell Garden. Sat is one of those days where we need to be 3 places at the same time. Mowed yesterday and realized the traction drive belt on the mower is shredding so have to figure out if dh can replace it or if it needs to go to the shop and they are so busy we wont get it back for 3 to 4 weeks.

Thanks for the links for the doll faces. It will help. If I can. When I get my mermaid done. I will post it on here. If I can figure out how. :hug

yes do, we'd love to see it, sounds delightful!! 

poor brenda, seems to be a spell of bad luck for several of our members laterly, must be the time of year or something. 

I don't have any bad news to report, but heart some bad news, my sister that lives in iowa had to put two of her three kitties down, as one  had a stroke, or something, and the other was not eating, and wasting away, they were both abut 18 years old, and were raised togheyher, so sad, RIP spooky AND TIG,  and poor little meelo, the one left, is beisdes herself, and keeps looking for the other two, I felt bad for her, they were like kids, to her. 

Got the craft room sorted, and everything put back away, had two bins left over, one huge, and one regular, gave the big one to our neighbors, they were just too big for me to handle you know, when they are that big, you tend to put lots of stuff in them, and then can't move them to find anything.. He was happpy with it, so that's good. The other one, i repacked with charity items, they are picking up on the 17th,and I will just tell them, keep the bin and everything in it, and i have a bag for them too, so that is good, I am getting rid of most of my inventory, but so tired of storing things for months at a time, you know, so this charity will pick up whenever i call them and tell them I have stuff for them, so that is good. And the other charity, the one i used to always use, called, and said if possible, they can send someone out to pick up every month or two, so that works took, no more truckdrop off place  though, which was really handy for me, as it was close and easy, but thats the way it is, so... 

so i wil still crochet, lol was worried there for a little bit, where will it all go?? I don't just crochet to store it you know, lol I like it to go to those in need! 

well,.that is most of whatever i have going on here, other sister called,but left a message, as i didnt' thear the phone right away, said she would cal back. but she seldom ever keeps her word on that you know. Since her hubby retired she is both mama to him, and wife, and maid, and cook,etc,she used to have a life, and we heard from her often, but no more.She has several of my ghans, i would send her another, but she kinda hurt my feelings about a year ago, i mean, she was going to have a garage sale,and was going to put her yarn, (she makes loomed hats for the shelteror at least did one year,  and way over buys for things like that, ) in her garage sale, and i told her twice, ill buy it from you, and pay shipping, just let me know how much, and then the next time i talked to her, she said, oh, I sold it at the garage sale.....i didn't say anything, but i was a bit i dunno, surprised she knows what i do, you know, and she's always shipping other stuff to me, so i don't know what that was about,its not a big thing, but one that sticks in your mind, and grows, you know..........anyway, she will call later, or tomorrow.or, most likel yshe won't . She she has not been the same person since he retired,all revolves around him, has for years, but now it's really apparrent. oh well, to each his or her o wn,huh....

i guess we all have probs sometimes with relatives and family, it seems it comes and goes in spurts...

well, norhing more to fuss about i guess, so i consider myself lucky, huh

ok well, im out!           later gang.  

im always happy when i remember that  the universe always balances things out for me  though, and just knowing it will happen, is a good feeling, all we gotta do, is wait a bit you know and things will be taken care of.    

its so nice,another lady in this thread has become a baglady

its still dreary and darn chilly here this am

Yes Tribble congrats on the new bag

snowbear I found these ideas on pinterest. You can find tips there for making doll faces. Like ravelry its free to join.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/eye-applique-almond-shaped

http://www.mazkwok.com/2013/07/how-to-make-lively-eyes-for-amigurumi.html?m=1

congrats tribble!! on the bag, we all love ours!!  

rlene you must beso happy and  proud o f your mermaid, hope to see it soon!!!! 

Hi ya carol, consider  yourself popped back, lol

how doing Benda, good to see your post, hope all is well, i ws going to say normal, but have learned through years of experience, there is no set normal, we each have our own brand of it, so... lol my normal is going ok today, mailed out the may puffies,today too, and now, gonna finish that closet, it bugged me all night, leaving things in such dissarray, just not like me, lol so back to work ladies, have a great day, expect those puffys about wednesday im thinking.llllllll

yes do, we'd love to see it, sounds delightful!! 

poor brenda, seems to be a spell of bad luck for several of our members laterly, must be the time of year or something. 

I don't have any bad news to report, but heart some bad news, my sister that lives in iowa had to put two of her three kitties down, as one  had a stroke, or something, and the other was not eating, and wasting away, they were both abut 18 years old, and were raised togheyher, so sad, RIP spooky AND TIG,  and poor little meelo, the one left, is beisdes herself, and keeps looking for the other two, I felt bad for her, they were like kids, to her. 

Got the craft room sorted, and everything put back away, had two bins left over, one huge, and one regular, gave the big one to our neighbors, they were just too big for me to handle you know, when they are that big, you tend to put lots of stuff in them, and then can't move them to find anything.. He was happpy with it, so that's good. The other one, i repacked with charity items, they are picking up on the 17th,and I will just tell them, keep the bin and everything in it, and i have a bag for them too, so that is good, I am getting rid of most of my inventory, but so tired of storing things for months at a time, you know, so this charity will pick up whenever i call them and tell them I have stuff for them, so that is good. And the other charity, the one i used to always use, called, and said if possible, they can send someone out to pick up every month or two, so that works took, no more truckdrop off place  though, which was really handy for me, as it was close and easy, but thats the way it is, so...

Thanks everyone! My bag is beyond awesome. I never expected to be a baglady, was happy seeing others being excited when it showed up at their house. I just keep looking at it, and holding it. I was using plastic walmart bags to pack my projects here and there. No longer, i now have a proper project packer!

It's so hard when we lose pets. My dogs are my babies also and I am always devastated when one passes.

Dropped Little Tribble at school about an hour ago. Will probably take a small nap before time to pick him up. Then I need to decide what project to take on for the evening...

I believe our washer has given up the ghost. It's around 8 years old and just won't run now. I really hate the laundromat. Love the smell but such a pain to pack clothes there. Will probably be after little Tribble's birthday before we get another one. We still have to get him his birthday presents and I have to get cake pans for the cake I'm making this year for him.

We were going to have an actual party for him but don't think that's going to happen... but will have a cookout next weekend. He likes cookouts even though he won't eat the food. He's so funny. I'll fix him mac and cheese and get him a personal pizza from pizza hut, his favorite. He turns 6. Doesn't seem possible.

Have a good day everyone! I'll talk to everyone later...

oh i do remember 6,    as five was very  tough, what with starting kindgergarten, but 6, that was fun.. you can just see the growth between the two ages, mentally as well as physically, it is amazing the diff a year makes, enjoy it, and enjoy your pizza little man!!! 

I too, wouldn't eat pizza when i was little, lol, just so you know, now, i love pizza, go figure, huh......daughter wouildn't eat vegies when she was little, , now, she is a vegetarian, lol nott a vegan, she will eat some fish, turkey,. and chicken, but no red meat..

And so goes it for this day, have things in the craft room pretty well done, closed up the closet last evening, it is done, just a few bags and one tote bin, for the charity, that will have to stay till they come get um, but most other things all in order, no i can finally do something else, lol.....

Daughter and i on the phone, set me up with an itunes account, i didn't know you had to have that for an ipad, anyway, she is doing the rest of the set up, all i provided was name and addy, and card number, and password, she will do the rest, then she says, for me to go in and change my password after that, soooooo I will have an i pad soon to fuss with, lol Ill probably have a billion questions for her, lol.

they are coming mothers day, for what they chose as their favorite meal.lol turkey burgers for them, hamburgers for us,  with green peppers and onions diced up into the burgers, toasted buns, cheese ib top  and a big bowl of potato salad, and for me, since its my day, a cherry pie, he he he. might make some red jello too, with bnanas and marshmellows in it......no trouble, no fuss, simple, but good for a sunday  i will calll it    Linner or late brunch, or early lunch, or lunchdinner, or brinner.. anyway, 3 pm we eat, lol 

nothing much, havne't done anything yet today, but fool with that darn i tunes thing, lol, so time to crack the whip,and get the day going productively!! have a good one all..... 

Hello  and Happy Friday  :dance

I drove to my oldest daughter's house after work to babysit my grandkids tonight while my daughter and son-in-law went to a dinner at church. We are planning to celebrate Mother's Day tomorrow with lunch at a Disney restaurant and some time at Disney Springs. Then Sunday I will have lunch with my youngest daugher, son-in-law and granddaughter. 

Have a great weekend everyone!

I love hearing about all your plans---Little Tribbles birthday and katy's and cshort's Mothers day.

Tribble I remember the day my bag came. I looked at the box and held it for an hour or so before opening it. I kept thinking it was a dream and I didnt want to wake up and it not be there. Sorry about the washing machine. I waited a year to replace mine when it quit. I dont mind taking bigger stuff to the laudromat but making sure you make it back home with all the little stuff like socks is a real pain.

Day 1 at Powell Gardens done. We moved tables carried in trees and got the bonsai exhibit set up. Tommorrow will be easier. We always have lots of people on Sun because of Mother's Day activities. Rhen we have to tear it down.

good morning

I tossed and turned all night,surprised I was up just before 7

I guess my body and mind gets used to reading abit before falling asleep,last night skipped the reading and it took hours to fall asleep

son in law had another feeding tube replaced,the Doc said he hopes it lasts 3 months,whattttttttttttttt !! ??? the others have lasted almost a year,the shortest time was 6 months.The one thing,they always  say how clean its kept,they shake their heads and say,you wouldn't believe how skuzzy some look when they come in,geez that just sets you up for some kind of infection,he has enough problems,without that.

'hi all, another saturday work day, huh.. Poor bgs, glad you have some help, as you said WE , lol do you just show them, or sell them not quite clear on that!! iii   

got a few things finished up from the cleaning of the craft room and closet, just putting things where they will live for another few months,  and the closet now too, looks neat and tidy, love  the space I createdby purging some things Ill never use or need again, plus found my humidifier, i knew it was in there somewhere, lol...

The air here today, is thick with snoke, smells like fire in the area, but weather station said it's coming in from the wildfires in Canada, on a north wind, might hang out here a few days till it moves on,hope it rains, andwashes it out of the air, least some of it, hard to breathe out there, for sure.....looks like very low dark clouds, but it is smoke..looked out when handyman told me about it, and couldn't see the tree tops in the distance, about a mile or so away, sheesh...

Got the potato salad well on it's way to being done for tomorrow, just will make that jello in the am tomorrow, and mix up the concoction for the turkey, and hamburger burgers, lol We like green pepper, onion, an egg, some italian wishbone, bread crumbs,and cheese in our turkey and hamburgers, so got that all chopped up and waiting for tomorow when we cook them, after eating daughter and I are sitting down, and she is learnin' me the ipad, lol it will be fun, lol cant wait,she got it all set up and synced yesterday from her work, and a phone call, so alls we have to do is her go through a few things with me. then it will be set.,,, she even got the blue tooth stuff that goes with it, i suppose headphones, or speakers, screen saver, and carry case, says i won'tneed anything else, and i will be in today's level of technilogical expertise before i kjnow it.....Im not 100% on that yet,lol           we'llsee.............

got a lot done today, believe it or not,got up at 730 am, and just stayed up, lol so it has been or seems to be a really long day, but im still going strong, so far anyway...........

hope evyone out there that either has a mother, or is a mother, or knows a mother, lol, has a great  day tomorrow....... 

I also got the ghan i made for daughter's boss, all checked over, and will wrap that in plastic tonight, and send that off with her tomorrow too, its lovely, i think he and family will really like it, all double stranded,lots of specialty yarns used too, turned out just gorgeous, i will snap a pic before i wrap it up tonight..  Its  big granny square tuned out so nice,and i fringed it  too, lovely.. I will include laundry instructions as well, so it stays nice.. Idon't ever dry stuff with fringe in the dryer, lol   

ok, well ll for now can't wait to see what games daughter put on the ipad, lol      I do like me games!! till latler then, have a great weekend, and Mothers day tomorrow................ 

oh, i see now on the commercial for gothamsteel cookware, they are no long offering a but  wait two for one price, being as im sure, it's mothers day weekend, and they aren't going to do that expecting lots of sales, but will probably go back to the two for one offer after this weekend. ....tsk, tsk, they think we don't notice things like that, huh!! so maybe after mother's day, he heh e......

katyallen

Thank you for my squares,there were four and a card,the back of the envelope was all tore up,its a wonder they stayed in,gee,you would have that someone could have taped it along the way,they are  so nice,the one reminds me of neopolitan ice cream

Archived