katyallen8090

Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I wasn't done yet but posted cause I have lost that post thee times now and didn't want to start it over for the forth timeLOL

It is so sensitive this iPad keyboard I mean sheesh!!

I might be having a frozen pizza for my breakfast slash lunch but hope the day clears off soon.

PInekott,are you sure that's fog haha we thought that last week but it turned out to be smoke coming from the forest fires up north of us!! Between the two I would prefer the fog for. Sure

lets all go to Sandra's house!! I hear she is making bread this morning!! She is just so darn ambitious!!

You know i have made bread a few times only once from scratch!

I did have a bread maker. That worked well but usually I buy those frozen little loave let them raise and then bake,

Good as hand kneaded I tell ya!

Well time is a ticking. Time to go I hate to leave as i never know when or if I am coming back I s o long

for now and wish me luck !! It's a worry always anymore!

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 1

I have a bread maker to , but my bread hasn't been coming out right with it so it's stuff in the laundry room on a rack for now. A sweet lady from church gave me this recipe to try and so far knock on wood it has worked.

Let me know who all is coming I will whip up a couple extra batches to make sure we have enough. LOL

It taste yummy to. Daughter can never wait for it to cool down.

post-73065-0-79567100-1462986292_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

Sandra it looks so good and I can almost smell it. I make dinner rolls frequently as dh takes them in his lunch. I have a bread making machine but it bakes the loaf crustier than I like since it bakes the loaf upright. I can also make it faster using my kitchenade and baking it in the oven.

• Like 1

Hi everyone! Yeah.....save some bread for me-haha. There is nothing like fresh baked bread.

I put together lasagna for later on in the week so all I'll have to do is pop it in the oven.

• Like 4

Well that sounds good I have made that once and is was good. It a lot of trouble so kudos to ou!!

• Like 1

Sandra your bread looks so yummy. I make dinner rolls from scratch.  :)

• Like 3

Hey just pop in to say HI :waving

• Like 1

shhh dont  wanna wake any one up, but just thought i would check and see if i could get on,d did, again, don't know what the heck is going on.. Still no word from any of the admins, no emails, no nothing, i wonder if they are out of town, or something. I don't do face book, so I don't or can't check there,its ok, im trying to be patient, but its hard you know. 

I think tonight i won't shut the puter down like i usually do, i will put it in sleep mode, and see if that will help me be on in the am, ?? totally lost on what else to do.. I know its the filters, i know it happened when i tried to change my password here on the edit profile page, you know, that should not trip anything, so no sure what they are doing to me. worked fine for  while you know..

the storms here last night, really did some damage to some trees, and the flooding, right up the street, on our lake, the water ws over the walking/biking trail,so it was closed, tomorrow will be ok again, im sure, but that was a lot of rain that came down to do that, right.

i used to walk the trail once in a while with my doggie, but haven't been there since, as i don't feel quite right about not having her there with me, not only for company, but for protection, as you hear so much crime these days about stuff like that..

Tomorrow is a day of remembrance for us, as it will be one year, since she was called to heaven, so, it will be bitter sweet, remembering the good times, and god memories, so sometime tomorrow, think of your pets for me, gone, or still here, ok, thanks....  

Nothing much doing tomorrow, that store thing, lol, and I think i will have something good for lunch out, and maybe bring handyman back something for his lunch too, yep, that is what i will do....

wee, that's all i got tonight, ill hopefully be here tomorrow too, so see ya then, sorry i am not doing a very good job, because of this blocking thing, i just can't get here when i want to....it's frustrating sometimes, but hopefully will be corrected soon......

• Like 1

We had a thunderstorm last night. It hit hard. It rain for hours. Knock our satellite out for a while. Bummer. But it came back on, eventually. It came down a hard rain again about 4 AM this morning The sun is trying to come out. Hope so. Got my yard mowed yesterday. When it drys off more. I am going out to do more yard  work. If it don't rain anymore.

• Like 1

this continues much longer I may have to pass the thread onto someone that is more dependable than I have been since this blocking thing has been plaguing me. I hop that isn't the case however, and have faith and confidence they will straighten it out quickly and it is the last I will have that problem.

Owl, Bread sounds yummy! I've never made bread before. I have made homemade crescent rolls and they are the most yummy things ever. However, i am not a baker and think they are a pain in the rear so havn't made them for a couple of years.

Karty, I hope you get to keep the thread! It alay3s a mess when a website takes a disliking to you. There were a few weeks I couldn't access the site from my work computer could only get on using the tablet. Finally I cleared out all of the bookmarks and it started working again.... who knows.

Thinking of you today and your furbaby you lost. It is so difficult losing our four legged family members...

My allergies were so bad the last couple of days it feels like it's settled in my bronchials again... chest is heavy and feels wheezy. Ick!

Little Tribbles birthday went great. He enjoyed his gifts and cake. I am not a cake maker and have made about 6 cakes total (little Tribble's birthdays ) but it turned out okay..

Here is the crochet sonic,

post-73457-0-68059200-1463058573_thumb.jpg

And the birthday cake:

post-73457-0-97649800-1463058626_thumb.jpg

Have a great day all! Talk to you all later.

Edited by Tribble79
  • Like 2

Tribble your cake and doll are fantastic.

Katy how frustrating. Hope they contact you soon. You still seem to manage to be here the most in spite of the filters so dont give up on us. I know your heart aches because you miss your special friend. She was beautiful. I always loved seeing her photo as your avatar as it was one of my favorites.

Its sunny this morning. I grabbed a bunch of blankets and towels and am at the laundromat. Its just faster that way.

• Like 2

Oh,what fond memories I have of bread making with Rene' at about three yrs of age in Sicily,good ol Betty Crocker

Rene's job was to punch it down,just like on car trips when you get are we there yet?,her question was is it time to punch it down yet?

We were up on the mountain,the villages below Mount Etna, so running out for bread,wasn't a quick trip

• Like 2

Oh gosh you have sure lived an interesting life I mean what an ideal place to make bread huh?! None other than Italy no less! I bet you could write a book with all the places you have seen and lived and things you have done!! I think you lived in Japan too is that right.

My one friend spent several years there too her now passed hubby was in the air force for many years and she can tell many stories too. I like hearing them and yours too.

Store deal is done and am hom e eating bacon ranch pinwheels ha for lunch. made them a couple times at home and they

. We're so good!!

Well the leaving the desktop on sleep overnight did nothing still won't let me sign in I got on through the iPad so that tells me for sure that it is my IP address they are blocking Just like last time. What I don't understand two things ot s word from the admins and why is this still happening??

I didn't want that post getting too long haha.

s I was saying IS there anyone reading my numerous emails about this recurring problem and is anyone working on it???? And when will it be reconciled for Good. I have no clue. I might be better to understand this if someone would answe those couple of questions or if I had both comp and iPad on at the same time but that is not the case either. When the desktop is on the iPad ls not and viva versa. Would a screen name change work cause see I think it's still the IP address being blocked. So in my opinion until that is fixed ?????

Ok enough unloading about that.

Sorry guys. Just so frustrating.

• Like 1

I loved the sonic you made!!!i hope lil tribe enjoyed his birthday!! The case is darling as well.

I meant cake but didn't fix that haha

Those of you that don't have my email addyplease let me know and I will send it you ok thanks.

You did an excellent on them both.

Our numbers of members are dwindling it seems. Part of the reason I think is that it's summer right nice weather. And I'm sure some of it may be my recruiting efforts have been a bit shall we say stymied with all this blocking thing. No really recruiting per say but hard to Be too active in answering mess and queries about our wonderful thread here. WHen I can never depend on when I can be here

It will get better I'm sure of it ladies!!

• Like 1

Katy if it is blocking your ip address I dont see where trying to change your screen name would help as it would still be the same ip address. Trying to change it might cause even more problems. The whole site has slowed down a lot. Dont know if people went to facebook,if site blocked people and they gave up getting back on or its just not a popular site anymore. Its probably a combination of things but I sure miss all those that have moved on.

• Like 2

Oh gosh you have sure lived an interesting life I mean what an ideal place to make bread huh?! None other than Italy no less! I bet you could write a book with all the places you have seen and lived and things you have done!! I think you lived in Japan too is that right.

My one friend spent several years there too her now passed hubby was in the air force for many years and she can tell many stories too. I like hearing them and yours too.

Store deal is done and am hom e eating bacon ranch pinwheels ha for lunch. made them a couple times at home and they

. We're so good!!

Well the leaving the desktop on sleep overnight did nothing still won't let me sign in I got on through the iPad so that tells me for sure that it is my IP address they are blocking Just like last time. What I don't understand two things ot s word from the admins and why is this still happening??

that's correct,we lived in Japan for two years,one yr in Yokohama,one yr at Yokosuka,oh I have a good bread story,from there too,an older friend and I used to go on the economy(  meaning anywhere that is not the Navy base) we used to go to the bread area in a dept. store.It was like a loaf of French bread warm from the oven with cheese baked in,it was so tempting to just pull it apart and eat it on the way back to the base,but there were enough " ugly American" stories we didn't add to them,but once we were inside the base,we would sit on the seawall and just pig out and no-one gave us a sideways look.

• Like 2

Hi all just checking in (to see if I can).

I keep hitting this return key instead of letting it go all the way across the page like I am supposed to probably do haha. NOthing much new here I did a few cleaning things that no one else will lever notice but me but we least I know it is done! Been meaning to straighten up that towel a linen closet for a while now!!

Had some deli fried chicken for din din tonight It was Etta good too. And easy clean up to boot. Well hope all are doing well It's supposed to be chillier and maybe more showers in the next few days I think And was so windy today too! Anyway got a lot of fresh air today. Our neighbor. Owed our lawn today he usually does as handyman helps him a lot with other things haven't crocheted much in the last few day waiting for my piles for xharity to clear out on the 17th. When they come to get it that is in a few more days is all and yay the pile or twos

Will be no more and then

it will look more like normal and then I will crochet again.

All for now talk to later fingers crossed ????

• Like 1

Oh Brenda I sure did not know there were more than just me affected, is that true. Sorry to say I don't do face book so I can't check there. I have noticed a lull as well hope that doesn't mean they aren't going to have it any more what would we do. Yeah I thought that to and I really have no control of the IP BEtween you and me I'd say they need a good cleaning out of those members that are not or have not been a tive for let's say a year or more. They can always come back and join again and it might free up som. Space here I dunno much about all that but wouldn't hurt to tidy it up a. It up and or maybe their filters are too ummm to umm stringent???

Katy It has locked Tampa Doll out a couple of times so you are in good company. If it has blocked the both of you it has blocked others and if I remember correctly if it is not recognizing you as a member you dont have the option to contact an admin. I had problems for awhile after the big forum change and was trying to figure out how to contact the admin for help. Luckily clearing the cache solved my problem. I wish they would clean house too but dont know if that would help how things operate but it sure would free up a lot of screen names. I think the problem lies with their filters. I would almost rather more spammers got through rather than blocking members. I dont do facebook either.

Thanks all! I hope they get you fixed, katy! It's just crazy being blocked all the time.

Braxtons baseball team had a scrimmage today. Was pretty cute, but none of the young kids have any attention span, lol!

Ate leftovers that Mr Tribble fixed on the grill yesterday and potato salad.

Gonna try to work on the washer some more tonight, hoping taking off the pump to see if anything is stuck will fix it.

Little Tribble is asking for a piece of his birthday cake so I will talk to everyone tomorrow. Have a wonderful night.