Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hello everyone.

I took the day off from work to take my mom to a doctor's appointment because my dad had to go to court with my brother today. Then mom and I went to my daughter's house to snuggle the baby. We also had lunch with my daughter, we ordered some yummy italian food. Now I'm home and just relaxing, I was going to do laundry but my dad has the water turned off because he is fixing a leak in their kitchen. Guess thats about it for me. Have a great evening.

court huh, used to work in the court system, ( for much too long,ha ha) and I i remember that no one there, was ever in a good mood, lol cause they were either going to jail or fined, or worse, so not a cheery place at all, but gotta say,no two days were ever the same, and nothing was ever boring, lol One time, we had to evacuate, bomb threat, got the rest of that day off, while they searched too,. Nothing was ever really found, probably a disgruntled court employee , having a bad day?? makes one wonder, huh..

Good morning

its going to start warm,but drop like a rock,by 20 degrees

did a little work on the little house,thats the shed,it was named that when we

first got  here by mil and it sorta stuck.boy was she a pack rat out there,got rid of petrified old plastic bags,old nylons,seeds wrapped in tissues,don't think she ever threw away pairs of  garden gloves,well,all gone now,just waiting to see if Bill noticed the small dent I made.

did Bil ll notice the improvements???? to the little house I mean, they seldom ever notice, we usually have to point it out to them, like flrares, or a bonfire, or large signs or a plane flying over, dargging a banner behind it,Hey, See what I accomplished today, and a big arrow!!! lol then handyman always then says, Oh yeah, i see that now...yeah, after I already told you to look , duh!!

and you could not find a usefor the old nylons??? he he he. 

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katy,

No he hasn't been in there yet,probably tomorrow when he gets the mower out,Its probably gonna be a couple of more bags worth till,it might dawn on him.

its been downright chilly here,in the 50's,kinda know how cshort feels when her temp's dip low in Florida

Good afternoon.

The last few days have been terrible. Can't shake this migraine and jaw pain I got going on. No medicine is giving it any relief and hard to sleep as well. Try to wear myself out but not working. Did a lot of cleaning and gearing up to have a yard sale. I really despise them but daughter wants to do it so mom doesn't say no. Plus it gives me a reason to get rid of stuff. Whatever goes in yard sale does not come back in the house one of my rules. Automatic gets hauled off to charity.

Now I might keep some of the t-shirts to make t-shirt yarn but will see how I am feeling after it all.

Migraines are horrible. I've had them since I was little. Not as often now as in high school. Every other month or so now. When I was in school, I had them 2-3 times a week, with vomiting and all.

Happy Friday!  :dance

Relaxing on the sofa tonight and sewing tomorrow.  Anyone have fun weekend plans?

No fun weekend here ;) My weekend to work, but I really like working weekends, no extra people here just the ones needed to keep the place running! Hope to clean out our dog run next week. Been so rainey it's a muddy mess again! Bah....

Have gotten a couple crochet items finished this week, Very happy about that. One was something I began over a year ago. Done and it looks great!

Well that's about all that's happening right now. LOL, I believe I am quite boring.

have a wonderful night all!

She kept crawling up and wedging her head under my chin lol. Apparently I smelled good hahaha.

It's been a few days since I've been on. I had a moment earlier where I broke down at work. I've really been missing my Dad and Gran :( and thinking about all the stuff I should've/ would've/ and wish I had done but didn't, and how I will never have any pictures of Jade with either of them.

I know that I will be "ok" eventually, but right now it just plain stinks.

I did find out that my friend Shellie is having a girl ! I'm so excited for her :). I'm making her a Sophie's Universe in KC Chiefs colors with the red being yarn that had belonged to her brother that she lost last year unexpectedly. She is excited to see it when I'm done. Thankfully I have until the beginning of August to get it done.

post-39682-0-82521500-1461995149_thumb.jpg

I hate to hear anyone that has migraine. I have them bad. All the time. I have to go to the DR. for my and take meds that my DR gives me. When I run out. I take that Excedrin migraine, extra strength. That helps me.  Thought I would give some advice. Maybe I could help. I just feel for anyone that has migraines. I know how it is. :)

cute pic lacey, she is growing a bit, huh...
carol, enjoy your day, hope yarn monkey is out there somewhere, safe and enjoying her visit.

I hear ya tribble, im boring too, lol

I jus heard yesterday, that charity i give baby ghans to, are not continuing their drop truck, right by me, and i would have to go way further to fine another location, which is what i was avoiding with the truck that comes every first sat of the month. Well, i have a call into them, to see if they do pickups then, as their other locations are not really even feasible for me to get to, too far away, and am waiting for a call from the director of i dunno donations, perhaps..I am  just so  down hearted, to say the least, without a place for them to go, to someone that needs them, why continue to make anymore, i have about nine done now, reached and surpassed my personal goal of 8, and one bettered it... Now what, I am not crazy about some of the thrift stores, as  they charge for MY labor, and MY materials, and I preferred for many years now to donate them by dropping off, as they see that they get into hands that really need them, and for free, they never ever charge anyone for the items that are donated, which i like...I don't want my items sold,just re homed, and gently used, lol im providing the items free of  any  cost to them, i didn't want to have to go that far, nor mail them at my cost, nor just i dunno, pass them out to people on the streets with babies??

Idunno i will know more monday. oh and hospitals, well, they are just too darn much walking, and stuff, something my knees and ankles do not like to dotoo  much of at a stretch, too many injuries plague me in my coming of middle age, , lol 

So,have cut off the baby afs for a while,not sure but i will ask when he calls me monday, if they are going to do it in fall, or have they stopped the truck completely?? and if they are going to do it again, past the summer months, i will continue to work on them now and then, but the fun for me, and the inspiration to get through them, that spark is the thng that spurs me on and helps me complete them each time, is the thought that it is going to help those that really need,and will really appreciate them,so without that, im not sure I will ever make another, boo hoo, i hope tht is not the case,  iwill know more monday perhaps....  

So, amkeepin busy reorganizing, and purging some things still,never ending job, lol, i have one more closet to do, and am half way through the craft room.  Does anyone or could anyone use plastic  canvas, you could get it for postage amount if you are interested, lemme know, im not quite ready to throw it on the goodwill pile, like to see it go  to someone that really could use it. I have maybe  1-50 sheets, name your amount, and pay the postage, little tip, mailing 10-14 sheets at a time, in a nilla envelope will probably be at least 3.50-4.00, just so you know, lol anything more than that, i dunno, will have to put in a box, and these sheets are heavy so best to post out multiple times, to multiple people I guess, would be the way to go, anyway, if you might be interested in some sheets, do pm me, first come, first serve ok thanks ladies...

Nother thing comes to mind, a crochetbook, by oh, forgot her name, it's very practical hints, tips and tricks about crochet, here is a pic of the book.............one sec!! oh, duh, Lily Chin, only the fastest crocheter on earth, lol it's very helpful, i have two of them, anyway, very helpful, and she is very knowledgeable, and i found her quite humorous on many passages, i think anyone that crochets, from beginner to experienced,  would love to have it, it too, at postage only, probably 5 bucks, at most, last time I used the book rate, it wasn't very much better than the normal postage, and they opened my package on both ends, guess they didn't believe that I didn't have a personal NOTE letter or card  stuck between the pages,i told them no, i didn't, but they checked, both at my end, and at the po  it arrived at, so dont wanna use that anymore, they didn't believe me, after all the postage i have bought, and spent there, Huff!!! 

give you  gals all first notice, then I ll put it on the destashing  thread probably tomorrow, . I think that is all i found,some old embroidery hoops, but they were my grammys, the old wood ones, with the screws on the side to tighten them, im keeping those!! and oh, a couple of pamphlets i think anyone that does thread would love, on lace, and borders and things, i don't do thread, lol wish I could though, these books have lovely pics and examples of all the stitches, they are maybe two to three page pamphlets is all i think.i kept them for so long, thinking maybe I could adapt them to yarn, and bigger crochet hooks than the steal ones, but alas, i have not done that, and probably won't.,anytime soon,but i loved the stitches..... 

I still also have four skeins of red heart rust color 100% virgin  wool too, (im Allergic) free for the postage too ok ,done with my pitch, just hope to see these things go to someone that really would like them, you know.... the book is free from any damages, the pamphlets as i recall, might have a little ink in a note, or penciled in note and are or have been stapled to keep them together, they were well used, but not by me, that way when i got them.. 

:clap  ah, got son in law coming soon,

(bless his heart, what would i do without those two!!!)

( Jen would come but has a surprise b day party to go to, and she is the ride for several from work)

to fix a bit of a blurb in the windows update thing, so that will take a few minutes tops, and the rest of the day, much more rain to look forward, daughter says she is going to buy me a windows 10 up date so i cAn get used to it, honest, this is FINe for me, for what a i use a computer for, its just fine doing great, honest. lol  we don't need no stinkin' 10, lol  :no  :no  :no 

so, two things on my mind, the charity thing, and the computer thing, other than that, i am almost stress free, lol 

all for now, more later, stay in, stay dry, stay safe!! till we meet again,   tha tha thats all folks!! hope your migraine is better today sandra, did you call you doc yet.???

well, that took him like 15 minutes, Boy Genious, and Wonder Girl rule!!! thanks kids!  went back to finish up the craft room, trying to get rid of things i will never use, lol got three small rolls of tulle, ???? i think i used them to crochet some cotton scrubbies, 

once, a long time ago, lol  a pom maker, never opened i don't think,row counters, folding scissors, they really aren't that sharp though, uh, lets see, the very large crochet hook handyman made for me so i could do broomstick lace,which im keeping, lol two magnifier thingies that fit around your neck by a cord, and you prop the base up agains you to see up close stitches, i will no doubt keep one, and numerous other things i can't remember right now, lol Ill try to get that stuff posted in a day or two, i want to finish up in there first,and make sure i don't miss anything,lol..

well i think that orange flavored jello, with mandarin oranges is almost solid enough to eat soon, with a dollop of redi whip on top at that!! that sounds refreshing and we finished supper about qn hour or two ago, soooooooo desert??lol have a great night people, see you later. storms coming in again tonight, and chilly here too pineknot! 

She kept crawling up and wedging her head under my chin lol. Apparently I smelled good hahaha.

It's been a few days since I've been on. I had a moment earlier where I broke down at work. I've really been missing my Dad and Gran :( and thinking about all the stuff I should've/ would've/ and wish I had done but didn't, and how I will never have any pictures of Jade with either of them.

I know that I will be "ok" eventually, but right now it just plain stinks.

I did find out that my friend Shellie is having a girl ! I'm so excited for her :). I'm making her a Sophie's Universe in KC Chiefs colors with the red being yarn that had belonged to her brother that she lost last year unexpectedly. She is excited to see it when I'm done. Thankfully I have until the beginning of August to get it done.

Awww, so cute! Hope you're feeling better!

I hate to hear anyone that has migraine. I have them bad. All the time. I have to go to the DR. for my and take meds that my DR gives me. When I run out. I take that Excedrin migraine, extra strength. That helps me.  Thought I would give some advice. Maybe I could help. I just feel for anyone that has migraines. I know how it is. :)

Yes, they are terrible, right? When I was younger I tried immatrex it did not work, now I take Maxalt. It does work but if it's a bad one, it takes 3-4 of them to get it to quit completely. If its a mild one, the Excedrin migraine will help some. If a bad one, sometimes it takes quite a bit of both plus ibuprofen to get it to quit completely. I'm just always grateful when it's not one where I am nauseated also.

well i think that orange flavored jello, with mandarin oranges is almost solid enough to eat soon, with a dollop of redi whip on top at that!! that sounds refreshing and we finished supper about qn hour or two ago, soooooooo desert??lol have a great night people, see you later. storms coming in again tonight, and chilly here too pineknot! 

Sounds Yummy, might have to make some of this later in the week ;) Great suggestion... It's been raining here today also and is a little chilly. Hope it clears up this coming week. Got stuff to do!

Hope everyone has a great night!

Hello everyone.

I was up early and out to church . Then went to my daughter's house and spent the afternoon snuggling my granddaughter. I think I'll watch some TV and do a little crocheting. Have a good night everyone.

Just checking in, a work night again tonight so nothing done with crochet nor housework. Oh I did do some dishes but that was all. Then got ready for work...

Seems like it's going to storm a bit here, was just beginning to sprinkle on the way to work.

Hi ladies! I haven't completely disappeared, just haven't had time to post so I've only been reading and keeping up in the background. We're still at my dad's, got here late Saturday night from Florida, and we'll head back home Wednesday. We're hitting the Yarnspirations tent sale on the way home and I'm super excited! I just hope they don't run out before I get there. Apparently they had more people show up today than total all week last year!

I don't have much to report really, I just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm still here even if I'm not being vocal about it! If I don't get back before, I'll at least get back on when we get home. =)

hi ya yarn monkey, good to hear ffrom you!! Glad you are enjoying your stay!! is little peanut an sis with you, if not, don't you miss them too much, lol......hi back carol.how is that new baby??.

how ya doing bgs, and sandra, hows the headache doing......

arlene, I will mess you on Thursday when i mail that box out, and let you know ok, thanks.... 

well, now we have a missing sopo, lol, but im sure she'd come on if she could..

She and Bgs both have a bday coming up in June i think, 

but this months b day girls are......wait for it....

, its OWLVAMP, and PINEKNOTT,happy May birthday month to both  of you, i will be maiiing puffys out soon!!! hope you enjoy your birth month!! 

well ladies, i have received most of your updated info, and the few others I have not heard from regarding updated addy, and preferences, i will stilll leave on the first post, with a note to send for their addys if you want to mail them as i don't have the latest info for them... that will work, don't want to take anyone off just for that reason, you know.

And happy me, i have some more contacts  if anything happens to my computer again, and I can't get to the ville to get ahold of people that way, so i feel much better, lol i will give you my email address, to those that do't already have it, if you want to make me one of your contacts too, just message me, ill be happy to sent it......I am not on facebook, refuse to get on facebook, so I had to go through ravelry to catch one of the admins last time, now I have their email too,, what with all the correspondence back and forth trying to h=.

oh, we splurged tonight, had,,,,,,,,,t bones, and fries tonight, lol, we try to splurge on good steaks at least once a month or so, sometimes we don't get to, but we did today, and they were done to perfection on the grill too.... little clean up,no mess much at all inside, so works for me, lol

funny thing, since the update on my puter, i now have spell check, is that something new to just me and my puter, or has it always been there, and i now can use it?? makes it a bit easier to type, for sure, instead of backing up all the time, lol     

been carousing the internet, searching for the guides, or glides, or whatever they are called, that go on the sliding closet doors, so that handyman can replace the ones in my room, and the craft room, they are getting very difficult to slide, and he thinks its the slides, not the wheel assembly, so have bookmarked a few dozen pics for him to chose from, lol before he goes out looking. i can no longer bear trying to open my closet and struggling with it, every single time, grrrrrrr. so hopefully that is on the list of errands to do tomorrow.,

well handyman made the last short trip to the dumpsters, this am, cause after today, they are gone again till next year clean up time, or maybe they come in the fall, can't remember, lol he just made it too, after he put the last box of stuff in, he heard the truck coming that totes them away!! I had two old computer keyboards, i was going to give to goodwill though on top, as they both still worked, but i have a spare the original one  that came with this computer before i got the back lit with all the flags and whistles, lol but he tossed them in too, but that's ok, they were both emachine keyboards, from earlier computers we had, all gone now too, as handyman took out the hard drives last week for me, , and destroyed them before we threw the towers  in the dumpster the first day they were here, long gone now, out of sight, out of mind, huh!! i  haven't gotten to the craft room closet really, much more than peeking in now and then, lol, but it's pretty organized, and the stuff in there, i am mostly sure Im keeping, and im not doing that till he puts up that new back wall, and shelves in there, sooo I ll wait on that for a bit yet. not as i am not entirely sure how we are doing the closet, might have no doors, and all shelves, I haven't decided yet, lol and I don't want to go through it twice, so Ill wait a bit.  lol 

you all out here that have i pads, question for you, do you or can you plug speakers into them, i have a pair I saved too, just in case, lol  i know they have no cd drive thing, but are connected somehow to I tunes, so i really don't know what to expect with it all, too tekky for me, lol it seems it is official, that is what i am getting from the kids for mother's day. An you know those pots and pans that are steel and ceramic that the food just slides out, that is what i want too, from you know who. lol  oh yeah

, gotham steel   ,even though handyman does most of the cooking, sometimes i do cook, so.. he would like them too, im sure. 

you see that on the tv ads, looks amazing, you know, i just need the two frying pans, to start, lol but they make sauce pans, and large kettles too, but i really only want the fry pans, for eggs, and other stuff. lol What do you all want or wish you get for mother's day, my wishes are usually short, an dIm  always happy with anything at all, so im not hard to buy for. 

well i see it's getting late, so i will sign off and talk to you all tomorrow, have a great night, and a great tomorrow!! 

Good morning everyone! Not much new here but lots of rain! I've been tidying up the house. My girls will be home from college in a week.:). I am looking forward to them helping me out. I have many dump runs and more cleaning to do.

Yes, Katy, you can hook any of those gadgets to a speaker with a special plug. The iPad one has an end that goes into the speaker and the other end that plugs special into your iPad. I must admit, though, that nothing today has the sound like that of the speakers and sound systems of decades gone by. I love my music loud and I love it with perfect sound just like my grandfather used to play his music. Bose is the only brand of speakers that come close but the music today doesn't have a great surround sound in the original format to begin.

good morning everyone

had a wonderful birthday yesterday,talked for two hrs with sis in law in Germany

had a really good ice cream cake from Harris Teeter

Katy I will be anxiously awaiting a report back on those pans. They look great on the tv ads. I hope the coating really does not come off as advertised. I was so dissappointed with teflon.

Finished another 40x60 afghan for Project Linus

post-11309-0-46094800-1462292050_thumb.jpg

Quick check in as I haven't done much in days! The "workers" as Little Tribble l calls them are still working on our deck. They have the boards up for the roof, now have to roof it. Hope it doesn't rain tomorrow so that they can get that part completed. Then on to siding the front and then they will have to come inside and work on Little Tribbles' room.

I was off for one night and now have 2 more 12 hour shifts to do before I am off on vacation!!! I won't come back to work till the 16th! Yay. I am planning on making a sonic cake for Little Tribble and right now I am working on a crochet sonic for him. I hope to have it done this week.

Nothing else exciting going on. Still have to get out and clean that dog run! It's such a mess from the rain. Will probably do that Friday so we can go and buy a couple bales of straw. I think the straw that's out there is going to have to go. Time to change it all.

Archived