Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Yarn monkey- I love the vases! Both came out beautifully!

RIP Prince!

Hubby and I saw him in concert with Sheila E at Hartford Civic Center on Sept. 30th, 1988. What a great concert!

Belated Birthday wishes to you Cindy! I am also behind in sending squares out. I also plan to catch up but after I get my 'ghan done..I am really working away on it.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning!

I'm enjoying my coffee and computer before I head out to church. Then I plan to come home and continue my lazy weekend with some crocheting.

hi all, rainy day inside working on some things, still weeding out the un-used, and or un needed, and ready to take to the dumpsters tomorrow, so it will gone and gone!! h to throw out my electric blanket, last year it gave me troulbe, only one side got even warm on setting 10, so afraid i t twould short out or something, handydan said throw it out, so that is one item out of my otherwise pretty clean now closet, lol... I will pick up one up at walmart before fall, last fall land winter, i got cold often without it., lol 

an found two warm winter robes packed away, guess i forgot i bought them, lol one is pink, and fleecy, the other, and i don't know what possessed me to buy white, but it is a snow whtie brushed terry, so those will come in handy when its cold out again.as they are both full length. . 

Nothing much else to report, all is quiet, now that the thunder and rain have passed for a bit, good thing the lawn was mowed yesterday, lol, otherwise, after all this rain today, and coming later tonight, it would have been knee high for sure.....I hope the baby rabbits survived, rabbit holes are not that protective of heavy rains, so hope they made it ok., 

All fodoe now, ill probably be back later one, till then, everyone have a great evening! 

Hello everyone. Just a typical Monday here. We had some rain today even though the forecast was for sun all day. I stopped at the grocery store for milk and picked up chicken tenders with rice and beans at the deli for an easy/lazy dinner. Have a great evening everyone.

hi all,

well i looked at tht list brenda, and other lists, seems i would have to really be careful what i get for houseplants, usually Max doesn't go in there atll, but the door is open in the craft room most of the time, so would hate to run the risk of getting something that might be harmful to him, oh well, i like fakery flowers anyway, lol, all you got to do to them, is dust them now and then, ha ha ha...

Rain rain rain, they calledi it a monsoon rain, i called it a gully washer, lol  good for the grass seed handydan put down about a week ago, but too much for me, constant rumbling, and rain all day long, sunny out now, but not for long i don't think as more rain is forecast for tonight. 

ws wondering those of you that have windows 10, how you like it, are there any drawbacks or probs, just askin!! also, about tablets, ipads in particular, so if any of you have those, how do you like them.. Some tablets won't let you post pics i hear, why, what;s that about... ok,any reccomendations for a good tablet??m just thought Id ask..

had some leftover bean soup and rolls and butter for a quicki supper tonight, tasted good, on a chilly rainy day, lol.. ow i  have warm soup tummy, and can only think of a nap, lol but won't, too much daytime left, got things to do!!     do hope all of you are having  a good week, those that aren't, well, it can only get better, right... how is the new grandbaby carol, and are things settling in for mom and baby a little bit now?? 

pineknott, how is mil doing, has she settled in well , and doing better healthwise? Hi to everyone le i may have missed, and i will be back maybel llater on, see ya then!! 

thanks for asking Katy,she is doing well,no more great escapes,can't believe it already 2 yrs,she is in the home

is it that you need mailing info?

thanks for asking Katy,she is doing well,no more great escapes,can't believe it already 2 yrs,she is in the home

is it that you need mailing info?

hi ya Linda, yes, it is me, but i have yours from your card, so thank you, unless anything has changed, you're cool with the b day list... Glad mom is doing ok, i have wondered about her as i hadn't heard how she was doing for a while, and sounds like she is settling in well by now, wow, two years, really, i didn't think she was there that long, good for that though,huh.. 

we had an upgrade to the computer, and i lost the b day list i keep of the addresses, and such, sooooo asking everyone to resend that info,,,,but i have yours, so you are good, thanks for the reply, hope all is well with rene as well, take care.

well back to the old grind, see you all a bit later perhaps, have a great night.  

Good Morning!!

Been up for a while . Just haven't slept well for so many things are going on.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

My internet wasn't working for a few days but I have it up and running again. E-mails are no without Internet .

Hey Ya'll Today is Tuesday, I have out doing yard work. Had to come in and cool off. Eat some lunch. Will mow grass later. When it cools back down a little. It is  going to be 80 degrees here. Man, thats hot. But that is better than being cold out. Its beautiful out. Getting ready to plant some squash, other vegetable. Don't have a big area to plant. But we make due with what we do have. Hope you ladies have a good day. Gotta go drink me a cool glass of tea. I love my tea. All flavors. If only I could keep it.  :hug Love ya'll.

so quiet here on the thread, hope everyone i ok, lots happening with the weather for a oo of us, huh, so far, we're doing well with the sligh rain, and thunder we are getting, nice quiet rain, nothing sever,but none the less, a storm watch in our area, hope you all are doing well, and taking pecautions if needed to get out of the storms that seem to be all over tonight,, and tomorrow too.

attended a memorial for a neighbor, he was 51 and he was autistic, and was the  nicest person. Moment of silence for Mark, RIP Mark. 

sounds like arlene is  buzy as  little bee these days, good for you!! we have not got anything planted yet, but plan on soon, when all this rain stops....

I hope Stacy had a great birthday, 9 years old, thats a fun age, lol 

well i have nothing much in the way of posts to answer and nothing much to tell, so i will go, qnd talk to you all tomorrow take care if the storms are headed for you!! :yes

Happy Birthday Stacie!!!

I mowed grass to. I must of hurt my ankle it sure hurts like crazy and hard to walk on.

Been doing laundry and putting it all away. Towels, sheets, blankets and the fur babies blankets too. I try to keep them washed up.Tank loves a clean bed.

Good morning

its going to start warm,but drop like a rock,by 20 degrees

did a little work on the little house,thats the shed,it was named that when we

first got  here by mil and it sorta stuck.boy was she a pack rat out there,got rid of petrified old plastic bags,old nylons,seeds wrapped in tissues,don't think she ever threw away pairs of  garden gloves,well,all gone now,just waiting to see if Bill noticed the small dent I made.

Hi All!  So sorry that I haven't been on in so long.  I fried my computer back at the end of March and it doesn't look hopeful for replacing it for some time.  DH has been kind enough to let me use his on occasion, but is not happy about me visiting crocheting sites because he thinks that I will get a virus there.  Ehh, whatcha gonna do.  I think of you wonderful people all the time.  Please take a word of advice from me...don't put your beverages down next to your computer!  I had just filled my glass with gingerale and all 16 ounces went on top of my keyboard!  Arggg!  so many tears....live and learn.  Now I am trying to recoup from a springtime cold/flu.  Not much crocheting or knitting getting done around here, but I do try to at least do a line or two a night.

Time to run.  Take care all.  Enjoy the warmer weather that promises to be on the way!  Hugs to all!

Good to see you Grannyannie,

no wonder hubby doesn't allow beverages of any kind by our main computer,I do have my coffee to the side of my laptop as we speak,I've heard lots of horror stories

Happy Birthday Stacie!!!

I mowed grass to. I must of hurt my ankle it sure hurts like crazy and hard to walk on.

Been doing laundry and putting it all away. Towels, sheets, blankets and the fur babies blankets too. I try to keep them washed up.Tank loves a clean bed.

hey ya, been busy too, spring is here, right, time to spring clean up some minor messes winter wouldn't let us work on, lol, I know when we first moved in here,the Little House, out back, was a night mare, i im sure they didn't take much out when they left, old tires, old rusted nuts and screws, empty paint cans, and five gallon buckets, we didn't find a thing use-sble , just just junk so we tossed the entire contents, and went one step further, tore down the old Little House, that was bearly standing anyway, and built another bigger one, lol with a floor, and insulation, and a door, an deverything the old one didn't hve,lol. tht was quite a project, but well worth it.

I remember telling handyman, leave me one long side of shelves, for my stuff exclusively. To date, I have a little 3 foot long shelf, with two, count them, two bins on it.....that' spretty much all the room he left me, lol.oh well...right. 

poured here, but no tornados , tiny hail, pea sized i think no damages to aft or stern here, lol just soppy wet ground. It's ok, i guess we needed it.

we granny annie,add one more to the hurt or in some way disbled computer, several of us have been through it,don't know what it is, you know, all for lots of different reasons, but seems like some sort of  Computer uprising against us and the internet.......

I im hopeful you will get yours fixed or replaced very soon, speaking from experience, it ain't no fun being without it for long, trust me, lol

and you too owlvamp, what a busy laundry little bee huh, i like a clean bed too, lol i had to laugh that the dogs enjoy it as well, ha hah a. My kitty, always finds a warm cozy place, and has taken to liking handymans heating pad, on low,when he is not there using it on the couch for knee,or hip or back,lol gotta make sure he turns it down low, and throws a clean towel on it when he is not using it, so maxie doesn't get to arm. uh oh, tornado warning right now, athearea of Boystown.....that is north and west of us, i think the threat has already passed for us.lets hope so, still too soon to call that through...

Hi all! Just checking in to let you all know I'm still kickin'! I've still been crocheting, just haven't been able to drag the tablet away from DH...him and his Youtube stuff lol

Other than that, I've been cleaning. Still...it seems like it never ends! :(

Well, I hope all are well! :hug s for everyone! Check back in soon!

Quick check in. Have been busy, not much time to play online. Just letting everyone know I'm still here. Have a wonderful day all!

Good afternoon.

The last few days have been terrible. Can't shake this migraine and jaw pain I got going on. No medicine is giving it any relief and hard to sleep as well. Try to wear myself out but not working. Did a lot of cleaning and gearing up to have a yard sale. I really despise them but daughter wants to do it so mom doesn't say no. Plus it gives me a reason to get rid of stuff. Whatever goes in yard sale does not come back in the house one of my rules. Automatic gets hauled off to charity.

Now I might keep some of the t-shirts to make t-shirt yarn but will see how I am feeling after it all.

Hello everyone.

I took the day off from work to take my mom to a doctor's appointment because my dad had to go to court with my brother today. Then mom and I went to my daughter's house to snuggle the baby. We also had lunch with my daughter, we ordered some yummy italian food. Now I'm home and just relaxing, I was going to do laundry but my dad has the water turned off because he is fixing a leak in their kitchen. Guess thats about it for me. Have a great evening.

Good afternoon.

The last few days have been terrible. Can't shake this migraine and jaw pain I got going on. No medicine is giving it any relief and hard to sleep as well. Try to wear myself out but not working. Did a lot of cleaning and gearing up to have a yard sale. I really despise them but daughter wants to do it so mom doesn't say no. Plus it gives me a reason to get rid of stuff. Whatever goes in yard sale does not come back in the house one of my rules. Automatic gets hauled off to charity.

Now I might keep some of the t-shirts to make t-shirt yarn but will see how I am feeling after it all.

poor sandra i tried those walgreens brand for migraine pills, and they helped for me, im sure you have tried almost everything though, can you call your dr. or even go in, i hate to see someone suffer with migraines!! 

Quick check in. Have been busy, not much time to play online. Just letting everyone know I'm still here. Have a wonderful day all!

well, you must simply take the time, from somewhere, beg, borrow or steal it from another part of your day, lol seems hard to do,and the first time will be Im sure, lol but after that , the initial time you steal, or find, it will get easier, trust me, lol and just like riding a bike, it'll all come back to you!! 

Hi all! Just checking in to let you all know I'm still kickin'! I've still been crocheting, just haven't been able to drag the tablet away from DH...him and his Youtube stuff lol

Other than that, I've been cleaning. Still...it seems like it never ends! :(

Well, I hope all are well! :hug s for everyone! Check back in soon!

hey ya, what kind of tablet do you have, looking to get one soon, taking a poll, he hehe... glad you got on for a bit youtube has so much to learn on it though!! lol not that im taking sides in the tablet battle, but.......i can see the addiction for sure......lol

Good Morning

rain on and off,need to do a library run,a mystery called Virginia is for Mysteries has come in

oh that sounds interesting, isit about real mysteries,that happened in your state. wow.that would be cool to read bout that, nothing grusome thouhgh for me, or i would never sleep again!! 

Archived