Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

katy i am basically a helper bee at the exhibits----help set up answer the publics questions and then tear it down. There is a core group that pretty well always shows up to help and then others come from time to time. Our three little trees were not looking good enough to take this year. The exhibits are for educational purposes and we do not sell trees.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone!!! Happy Mother's Day to all who are moms...

I finally christened my grill in the rain yesterday. It has been wet and rainy since last weekend. I cannot tell you what I went through to get this grill so to be unable to use it has been so disheartening.

I'm glad you went with an iPad Katy!! You will surely love it. You definitely need to keep your iTunes username and password safe because you will need to use it here and there. I tend to synchronize my iPad to iTunes and back it up to my iTunes but many people back up to iCloud. :). There are many great apps for you to enjoy!

katyallen

\\

sorry to hear about the puffy, i taped it realy well, but used a diff. tape than i usually use, and it didn't at the time seem as sticky, i think the best packing tape, is the kind  you buy at the post office, this tape was from a home imp. store, good buy, but not worth it then if it isn't durable, huh..

Sorry your puffy was torn up, but at least it arrived. lol that's good, and you are most certainly welcome.....I wish you would sit down, and have rene or son in law, learn you, ha ha, how to put pics on here, it's really a snap, you do it once, you know forever......lol I  and there is a help page to learn how to do it, on te forum too, in which Ms. Snow bear needs to learn how to do that too, lol  

Thank you for my squares,there were four and a card,the back of the envelope was all tore up,its a wonder they stayed in,gee,you would have that someone could have taped it along the way,they are  so nice,the one reminds me of neopolitan ice cream

oh thanks for explaining brenda, an educational exhibit, that would be iunteresting, sorry about your trees though, i know they would have loved to have gone, and mingled with all those others trees!!! 

katy i am basically a helper bee at the exhibits----help set up answer the publics questions and then tear it down. There is a core group that pretty well always shows up to help and then others come from time to time. Our three little trees were not looking good enough to take this year. The exhibits are for educational purposes and we do not sell trees.

Hello everyone!!! Happy Mother's Day to all who are moms...

I finally christened my grill in the rain yesterday. It has been wet and rainy since last weekend. I cannot tell you what I went through to get this grill so to be unable to use it has been so disheartening.

I'm glad you went with an iPad Katy!! You will surely love it. You definitely need to keep your iTunes username and password safe because you will need to use it here and there. I tend to synchronize my iPad to iTunes and back it up to my iTunes but many people back up to iCloud. :). There are many great apps for you to enjoy!

yo, happpppy mothers day to all who are mothers, and what the hec, kids or fur babiies count too, so hope you all hae a splendid day!!

yes she mentioned a cloud, thought whe was tallking about the smoke outside, lol just kidding, i knew of the cloud, but i don't know if it goes there or not, im not sure.. she will fill me in today....she said it is mom freindly. lol i trust her!! 

well, i made the bed and cleaned bathrooms, handyman will vac later, and i am done and ready for the eats at 3, all left to do, is to cook the burgers, toast the buns,a nd set the food out, lol .. Im getting hungry already!!

I am trying to work with some suede t pe yarn, sheesh, im having quite the time with it, ill tr one more ball or color, before I put it all on ebay, ha ha ha, I love the feel of it, for scarves and such, but sheesh, I sure don't remember having this much trouble with it ever before. I have tried diff, hook sizes, diff, stitches, everything, it's all going south in a hurry, lol course it is darker colors, and I always have trouble working with them, so maybe it's not the yarns fault, ha h. 

So now just for me to fix my face, and find something to wear, and im done till they come!!  

Max will hide, he does not seem to like visitors much, and his flight from possible danger instinct ( The Force) runs deep in that one. lol 

he hears everything,and from a deep sleep he pops up, rven if it is just a butterfly burp way out in the front yard!! that is what handyman says, only i cleaned it up a bit, he says uhumm, pass gas!)

men are rather crude at times, don't you agree, lol 

well, gotta go and get me together now that the house is good, so talk with ya all later, enjoy your day, rain for us after 4 or so, good, wash out the air a  bit huh...........see ya laler..................again, happy day to all mothers, and non mothers as well!! I have always thought to celebate1t as  mother-daughter day, as if it weren't for my daughter, i wouldn't be a mother, he he he.....

I love hearing about all your plans---Little Tribbles birthday and katy's and cshort's Mothers day.

Tribble I remember the day my bag came. I looked at the box and held it for an hour or so before opening it. I kept thinking it was a dream and I didnt want to wake up and it not be there. Sorry about the washing machine. I waited a year to replace mine when it quit. I dont mind taking bigger stuff to the laudromat but making sure you make it back home with all the little stuff like socks is a real pain.

Day 1 at Powell Gardens done. We moved tables carried in trees and got the bonsai exhibit set up. Tommorrow will be easier. We always have lots of people on Sun because of Mother's Day activities. Rhen we have to tear it down.

I know how you felt! I love bonsai. I had one but it died on me and havn't been able to bring myself to try another one. I adore trees and am really upset when I can't keep them alive. I have no luck with trees.

'hi all, another saturday work day, huh.. Poor bgs, glad you have some help, as you said WE , lol do you just show them, or sell them not quite clear on that!! iii   

got a few things finished up from the cleaning of the craft room and closet, just putting things where they will live for another few months,  and the closet now too, looks neat and tidy, love  the space I createdby purging some things Ill never use or need again, plus found my humidifier, i knew it was in there somewhere, lol...

The air here today, is thick with snoke, smells like fire in the area, but weather station said it's coming in from the wildfires in Canada, on a north wind, might hang out here a few days till it moves on,hope it rains, andwashes it out of the air, least some of it, hard to breathe out there, for sure.....looks like very low dark clouds, but it is smoke..looked out when handyman told me about it, and couldn't see the tree tops in the distance, about a mile or so away, sheesh...

Got the potato salad well on it's way to being done for tomorrow, just will make that jello in the am tomorrow, and mix up the concoction for the turkey, and hamburger burgers, lol We like green pepper, onion, an egg, some italian wishbone, bread crumbs,and cheese in our turkey and hamburgers, so got that all chopped up and waiting for tomorow when we cook them, after eating daughter and I are sitting down, and she is learnin' me the ipad, lol it will be fun, lol cant wait,she got it all set up and synced yesterday from her work, and a phone call, so alls we have to do is her go through a few things with me. then it will be set.,,, she even got the blue tooth stuff that goes with it, i suppose headphones, or speakers, screen saver, and carry case, says i won'tneed anything else, and i will be in today's level of technilogical expertise before i kjnow it.....Im not 100% on that yet,lol           we'llsee.............

got a lot done today, believe it or not,got up at 730 am, and just stayed up, lol so it has been or seems to be a really long day, but im still going strong, so far anyway...........

hope evyone out there that either has a mother, or is a mother, or knows a mother, lol, has a great  day tomorrow....... 

I also got the ghan i made for daughter's boss, all checked over, and will wrap that in plastic tonight, and send that off with her tomorrow too, its lovely, i think he and family will really like it, all double stranded,lots of specialty yarns used too, turned out just gorgeous, i will snap a pic before i wrap it up tonight..  Its  big granny square tuned out so nice,and i fringed it  too, lovely.. I will include laundry instructions as well, so it stays nice.. Idon't ever dry stuff with fringe in the dryer, lol   

ok, well ll for now can't wait to see what games daughter put on the ipad, lol      I do like me games!! till latler then, have a great weekend, and Mothers day tomorrow................ 

oh, i see now on the commercial for gothamsteel cookware, they are no long offering a but  wait two for one price, being as im sure, it's mothers day weekend, and they aren't going to do that expecting lots of sales, but will probably go back to the two for one offer after this weekend. ....tsk, tsk, they think we don't notice things like that, huh!! so maybe after mother's day, he heh e......

Wow smoke is travelling! Can't wait to see your afghan. Have fun with your tablet. I love mine.

Happy mother's day to all the mothers. We have plants we are going to try and get planted today. Can't seem to get it into gear, still sitting here playing on tablet and watching starship troopers. Love that movie. I'm a huge sci fi lover from a LONG time ago. As long as I can remember actually.

Have a good day all!!

hi ya, long day, but very enjoyable, kids came  this aft for burgers and potato salad, and jello and pie and other things too, we had a good time, then watched a movie, then they left about 7 this evening, to relax a bit i guess, i got the ipad, she tried to show me stuff on it, i will never remember it all, but it is neat. I hope i can learn it, you know it is going to be quite handy, im sure, and portable too, so that is  coo, and i got my fav. candy, the lindor truffles, and the Ghirardelli  or however you spell that, lol. big bar i don't have to share he he he... 

so it was good, haven't got the pans yet, but i will, when they go back to buy 2 for the price of one, he he he. i ll watch for that. 

Ghirardelli.com‎

oh haven't had time yet to really check out the ipad, will do that tomorrow, but it has two cameras, a front for selfies i guess, lol and one in the back too, that's cool I love how the keyboard just appears out of no where too, first i asked her, what no keyboard, how do you do that then, and it popped out,lol and i love how the screen rotates for wide view or long view at the turn of the ipad, so cool, i haven't done much on it yet, she set it all up with my fav. places and such, and synced it up with my wifi, and my puter here, so cool that is!! now, just learning the system, will be fun, lol after a few dozen phone calls to her tomorrow, I will get the hang of it, lol I was wearing the headphones that she got, but didn't plug them in yet you know, and they all were watching me, and started laughing, that they'e won't work unless they are plugged in, well i know that,im just testing out the feel is all, lol 

oh,and she got a powerful little speaker that is wireless or bluetooth or something, but that is a good little speaker for such a little case, lol all in all, had a great day, can' twait to play with it tomorrow,just too tired tonight! 

so illsign  out for now, and talk to you all tomorrow!! 

good Morning

Katy,the taped  area was good,it was mid pkg.

you mention pictures,i just don't have an interest in doing that,after shutting down our computer awhile back and Bill saying how the heck did you do that??so prefer that I don't tinker around and lose us in the way way beyond

Good morning!!

Been extremely busy with so much going on and my plate is so flowing over. Hopefully it will start to clear some.

Need to cut grass today and just pick up the house. Then will start clearing things out I don't need anymore or tired of caring around.

Hello everyone.

It's been a long day. I didn't sleep well last night so I started the day tired. Got to school and it was 84 degrees in my classroom, air conditioner was not working and still was not working when I left this afternoon. We spent most of the morning outside since it was cooler than being inside, then we used another room for our quiet time. I'm hoping they get it fixed tomorrow. I stopped at the grocery store for a few things including a chicken dinner from the deli. After dinner I plan to do some crocheting. I hope everyone has a nice evening.

well hello all, bet you all thought hey where"s katie, playing with that new ipad i bet......LOl well yes and no, i was blocked out of the ville again by their filters, seems every time I try to change my password, which i should be able to do when i want, without worrying about this blocking thing, it blocks me, but i think I have it figured out, and was able to get in, THIS TIME, ... 

And was playing around a bit on the ipad, so diff, not difficult but just getting use to it still with the touch screen and such, the keyboard is a reg keyboard on the screen, very very sensitive to touch, lol so that is diff. too. So far i have mastered, lets see, some games, email, haven't tried the vill on that yet, afraid to leave here and not be able to get back you know, and i have mastered, both cameras front for selfies, and back for other pic, lol, and lets see, oh, I know how to charge it, and turn it off and on, H HA HA.  what was difficult, was lets see, navigation is different, as the operating system is it's own, not windows, first time I have used an apple anything, soo give me time, im watching vids on it all, helping a lot. lol 

nothing much accomplished today im afraid, was worn out and slept well, but not nearly long enough, lol so will probably sleep good tonight too.

Rain hail, more rain, tornado warnings in three neighboring counties, about 30 miles or so from here, moving our way later on, so will be monitoring that on the tv.. 

oh those darling little trees, i love them all, i was hoping you would post pics, they are just beautiful, imagine that, huh....nice, thank you so much for showing us brenda!! 

well when i go, and if i can't get back, i will contact one or more of the peeps i have emails for, and let someone know and to pass it along, but, eventually, i think even the filters will realise, i am not a threat ok,klol    

ALL FOR NOW, MAYBE come back later, till then, hope you are all tucked in somewhere out of the weather, keep safe, keep crocheting!! 

Good morning!!
Been extremely busy with so much going on and my plate is so flowing over. Hopefully it will start to clear some.

Need to cut grass today and just pick up the house. Then will start clearing things out I don't need anymore or tired of caring around.

i found a home for those things i cleared out too, a good home, and i felt so good about that, they won't go to waste, i have more space, and maybe i helped someone find something they always wanted, lol so go for it sandra, you'll feel better, how is the doggie herc feeling?? 

Some of my friends trees from last weekends exhibit
attachicon.gif20160508_093552.jpgattachicon.gif20160508_093618.jpgattachicon.gif20160508_093605.jpgattachicon.gif20160508_093633.jpg

good Morning

Katy,the taped  area was good,it was mid pkg.

you mention pictures,i just don't have an interest in doing that,after shutting down our computer awhile back and Bill saying how the heck did you do that??so prefer that I don't tinker around and lose us in the way way beyond

oh, i do undersrtand that pineknott , no harm done, just missing all your goodies is all, lol    i learned from daughter, there really isn't much that will really badly harm your computer that you can do to it, except the old spill liquid on it thing, that is always disastrous, lol, but i hear  ya, your point is valid certainly. 

I am so happy everyone did have a Happy Mother's Day. I did. It was a good one.  :)

Glad your mother's day was goo! Mine was as well.

Hello everyone.

It's been a long day. I didn't sleep well last night so I started the day tired. Got to school and it was 84 degrees in my classroom, air conditioner was not working and still was not working when I left this afternoon. We spent most of the morning outside since it was cooler than being inside, then we used another room for our quiet time. I'm hoping they get it fixed tomorrow. I stopped at the grocery store for a few things including a chicken dinner from the deli. After dinner I plan to do some crocheting. I hope everyone has a nice evening.

Shew sounds hot! Hoping they get that fixed for you! I bet you had some sweaty cranky kids!

Some of my friends trees from last weekends exhibit

attachicon.gif20160508_093552.jpgattachicon.gif20160508_093618.jpgattachicon.gif20160508_093605.jpgattachicon.gif20160508_093633.jpg

Gorgeous trees! Makes me want to try one again.

We got our garden planted and have decided it's going to have to be larger next year since Mr Tribble insists we have to have 25 tomato plants!!! I am glad we got it done, now it just needs to get warmer here.

Worked on Little Tribbles sonic some. Got the legs and spikes sewn on. Had to take a break from that cause my hands are killing me. Took an ibuprofen and am laying in bed playing on crochetville.

Little Tribble is pretty excited about his birthday. He came running in when he woke up on Saturday and said, tomorrow is mothers day, then it's 3 days till my birthday! He is too funny!

We had BLTS for supper and baked beans. Yum. Little Tribble had his normal peanut butter and jelly. He is going to turn into one of those!

The doggies got just a little bit of bacon grease on their kibble. I think they are spoiled!

Have a great night all!

I'm Well morning all. I believe I'm back least for now ha and typing this on the. New iPad too!! The keyboard seems so smal but am getting used

to that and its sensitivity too haha.

Nothing new in my day yet but it recently just startsed so too early to tell.

Last night I tried to swipe my desk top monitor like you do this iPad and it took me a few seconds to realize I wasn't on the iPad DUjH

Well if I can get back on the vile again I will come back later ok!! Never know anymore if it lets me in till I try it again!! Those filters don't like me very much!! So till later have a good day!!

Hi all. Just checking in. Jade and other kiddos are doing good. She has a dr appointment today, for shots :( poor baby. I'm curious to see how much she weighs now as she is getting so chunky :)

Hello all.

I'm on for now but never know how long it will last.

I have not gotten one email yet from several ones I have sent the admins so I really have no idea if it is fixed ca be or will be anytime soon

If this continues much longer I may have to pass the thread onto someone that is more dependable than I have been since this blocking thing has been plaguing me. I hop that isn't the case however, and have faith and confidence they will straighten it out quickly and it is the last I will have that problem.

Glad to see you and family are getting back to a normal routine Lacey.

We have had so much rain here the creeks and rivers are top of their banks we just got lots of rain here but in some parts of the city of the city the hail was so deep they had to employ a city snowplow too scoop it out of the streets so people could get out of their driveways and to get to work this am.

I wasn't done yet but posted cause I have lost that post thee times now and didn't want to start it over for the forth timeLOL

It is so sensitive this iPad keyboard I mean sheesh!!

I might be having a frozen pizza for my breakfast slash lunch but hope the day clears off soon.

PInekott,are you sure that's fog haha we thought that last week but it turned out to be smoke coming from the forest fires up north of us!! Between the two I would prefer the fog for. Sure

lets all go to Sandra's house!! I hear she is making bread this morning!! She is just so darn ambitious!!

You know i have made bread a few times only once from scratch!

I did have a bread maker. That worked well but usually I buy those frozen little loave let them raise and then bake,

Good as hand kneaded I tell ya!

Well time is a ticking. Time to go I hate to leave as i never know when or if I am coming back I s o long

for now and wish me luck !! It's a worry always anymore!

I have a bread maker to , but my bread hasn't been coming out right with it so it's stuff in the laundry room on a rack for now. A sweet lady from church gave me this recipe to try and so far knock on wood it has worked.

Let me know who all is coming I will whip up a couple extra batches to make sure we have enough. LOL

It taste yummy to. Daughter can never wait for it to cool down.

post-73065-0-79567100-1462986292_thumb.jpeg

Archived