Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi all, I know is been a bit since I've been on...sorry. Trying to crochet, go thru 4 peoples clothes (got rid of about 25 big diaper boxes, packed full), and keep up on the cleaning...I get to go thru toys next, but that's going to be another month or 2 still yet before I decided to do it :lol

I got one of my 'ghans somewhere around half done last night. It measured in at about 4 feet, but I'm making it for a king size bed, so it's going to be HUGE when I'm finally done with it! :D

On another note, little Miss Babybug decided earlier that my yarn was "cold and tired and needed a nap" so she put it on a pillow and covered it up with her snuggie blankie. It was cute, I'll try to post the pic I took of it. :lol

And as always, I hope everyone is well, better, or on the mend! :hug s for all! I will hopefully be on again soon!post-41261-0-61932300-1463516380_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another cold rainy morning here but I think it is supposed to clear off this afternoon.

katy I hope you meet us over on Ravelry as we are anxiously waiting for you there.

Tribble isnt it amazing how it seems like a lot more work doing your wash at the laundromat even though you can do lots of loads simultaneously? I also learned you have to really check the front loader washers for socks that stick to the top of the drum.

It does! I really do love the smell of the Laundromat but hate sitting there waiting.... Those front load washers are amazing and  I completely forgot about them last time. Hope to remember to use them this week when we go. Will remember to check the top of the drum. I didn't know they did that LOL.

On another note, little Miss Babybug decided earlier that my yarn was "cold and tired and needed a nap" so she put it on a pillow and covered it up with her snuggie blankie. It was cute, I'll try to post the pic I took of it. :lol

That is really cute! So sweet.

ok guys I see Amy is online right now.  Hopefully she will get katy taken care of soon.  

Hope she can fix katy's problem! Keeping fingers crossed.

I think the thing is working I still can't explain the probs though but just so I am bak it is all good! So glad to be back!! Missed you all. Felt so empty with no place to go!!

I am to try it. In the am and if all is good Amy suggested we close off this thread and I'll make a new one so everyone knows where to go I don't know she is going to walk me through it. She thought the thread was gettin. Too large and sometimes lager threads get glitchy so we will do that if I have no more sign in probs that way we will have a clean slate!!

Boy tomorrow I will attempt to catch up with all the posts I missed!! I told Amy to get some rest tonight and will check back with her in the am if I have any further probs. So folks gonna let the old iPad take a charge and hope to see you all tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for all their help and support and Mary Jo you are one of our group even if your not a member. You are welcome anytime!! thank you as well. Not hav e done it without all of you pulling for me!

Admin Note: This thread has over 16,000 posts and is getting a bit unwieldy, so we're starting a brand-new thread. I'm closing this thread, but it will remain so you everyone can still access the posts for reference. Click this link to go to the new thread.

Hi all!!

Well the sun is shining and I am back let's hope for good. It's been a rough ride but maybe amys magic wand will do the trick this time. I wanted to make sure you all know I missed you guys and the thread too and again thank all for aiding and assisting in my time of need.

Well w are closing this thread tomorrow and opening up a brand new one continuing it as Amy feels the thread is too long now and sometimes longer threads acquire some glithch's and want to avoid having probs with that later on.

S o look for that to happen some time tomorrow ok and pass the word. I excited!! NEw digs!!

New paint job some wood blinds and maybe some new furniture will sure be nice lol

I hope things are well for all. Sandra sent me a pic of her. Two doggies to make me smile and I di smile give hugs to both tank and herc for me. Brb

So that was nice of her. We all do love our pets do t we What would we do without them.

DOes anyone need anything from me and how is ms cshort doing are your computer problems cleared up and in light of the past few days do you know what was wrong??

My spirits are soaring today I ever listened to Freddy and queen in the car today Bohemian Rhapsody at that lol. And We are the Champions!!

I might reiterate this that Sandra said as well emails a of at least a couple contacts will be greatly appreciated I f something like what happened to me ever happens to you. I offer mine up to anyone that wants it. You should chose someone that you see on at least once a week more if possible. I know my contacts the few I could get to were absolutely invaluable for me. Please chose a couple send in your mail addy to Sandra for her list or please pm a few of your choices and get them on your email contacts to avoid a horrible experience later Public announcement out!!

I know having that was a vital part of keeping me. Uhh was gonna say sane but. I'll say in the know. At least as I will never be wholly sane that ravelry

thing too good idea to have a back up in cases like that. I do so totally appreciate you all ok look for the new thread son over and out for now! Take care all. That pic of putting the yarn to be was priceless thanks for sharing that with us too.

Ok chores errands appt. and all else completed. Oops forgot a couple phone calls but they will wait.

I am not having any issues today thank goodness oh cept for thos e darn Cotten things floating

In the air !! I don't like cottonwood trees for that reason. But they are just trying to propigate with floating seeds

trying to grow their future cottonwood generations so I do not hate them but I am somewhat allergic to them. .picis just to see if I could do it lol. I have been trying to write off a few of my many patterns ha ha will take me forever!!post-40621-0-91183200-1463600773_thumb.jpg

I know how it feels to be locked out,not at this site  but a site I have frequented since 2000,this past month we all were locked out,didn't have anyone e mails after two weeks of nothing I wrote one gal in Maine,( thank goodness we send out Christmas cards )and she gave me a link to a temp board we are using,it amazes me,how close you can get to people we have never met in person

It really is that way you know what is said is friends are the family You pick! Lol or something to that effect How are thing s going Linda nothing like catching up huh!!

For those of you that I do have emails for that list is on my desk top which is unavailable to use at the moment till the weekend when I hope my daughter and hubby have the time to replace my graphics card so I have a black screen and cou not get to that list.

That complicated matters a bit and made this I pad one of my bestest friends lol

Making a new thread tomorrow a continence of this one as it ha gotten. Very big and big threads sometimes acquire some glitch's and so we want to avoid that happening. So bring your swatches and samples and ideas when you move over t the new thread as we got some decorating to do. LOL. Just kidding of course but I am excited to have a new clean slat at lest huh!!

I very glad to see you all again and chat to you all. I felt abandoned you know. I will be back later on ok see ya then!

at one time I wondered why this thread didn't start a new one at the start of the year,like the book thread,or the boxing day charity,or stashbusting.the other thing I wonder that doesn't slow it down is the multi quote,it gets so long,I tend to not remember who stated it,but that's just my opinion

I know but I didn't know to do that so glad Amy suggested it. While I'm at it tomorrow I will change up my siggy too as I think that is too long too. Have a good evening all take care and I will see you tomorrow. Ville Willing

It is so good to see you back on katy.

If anyone wants on the list please just pm. It's totally up to you but if you want send e-mail, address and phone number. I will only give it to those you want me to. It will be safe with or the group I e-mail with everything. Most of us send blocks out anyways and once upon a time had address. I for one probably can't find them. LOL So if you want on the list just pm me.

I know how katy feels. I lost everything and they couldn't get it back from me. I know it's still on here cause it keeps my in as a guest. SO I had to start all over . Not fun at all. Thank goodness I had katy e-mail address and she was the only one I had. So I am so happy to see you back and posting.

Good Morning

been up since 4:40,felt rested so just hauled myself out of bed and brewed a coffee and listened to my book on tape

there is a nice glow in the sky that we haven't seen in these parts for days,oh its called the sun,and shining brightly

have a great one

Good Morning everyone. I am happy Katie is back. It is 7:30 AM. I am listening the birds sings here in the mountains. Its going to be a beautiful day.  :waving

Good morning everybody!!

Hooray that Katy is back and I hope everyone has a nice day. I am off to running errands and then pesky jobs around the house to do - inside and outside stuff.

I fixed my computer issue with my -black screen in sleep mode problem-where my computer wouldn't wake up. I had "logmein" and could see my desktop on that even though it was a black screen. I suspected certificate or registration errors and purchased CCcleaner. It fixed my problem and now every month I back up everything to an external drive. My son is a computer programmer/software developer and gives me helpful tips whenever I need help.:)

Archived