Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

katy glad it is all working out for you. The good thing about the ipad is it will give you a second way to get on here. I love using my phone to get on here-----so much faster than turning on the computer. Its just more difficult to post---- typing on the little keyboard oh wait I should try the microphone to dictate it wow this is cool just telling it what to type. Anymore I only use the computer when I want to save and or print things

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone. I was wake earlier than I wanted to be this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. So I got up and worked on a sewing project until time to leave for church and then came home and went back to sewing. I made a car seat cover and a nursing cover that my daughter wanted for the baby. I had some other sewing projects to work on but decided I was tired and ready to sit and relax so I will do some crocheting and watch TV. 

Here is a picture of my new little grandbaby.

attachicon.gifIMG_0671.JPG

Sorry the picture is sideways, I've tried to fix them but no luck.

Awwww, so cute!! She looks so tiny

good morning, anyone to home today!!

bright and early here, breakfast done, lazy day planned, one visit this am expected, son in law, to find where my pics from my cam get uploaded, as my windows gallery is no more, got the pics on flash drive, just don't know where to upload my pics anymore, lol,, so one quickie visit this am, to get that done,and we are through, till the windows 10 upgrade, june or july, while it is still a free upgrade, lol 

all for now, gotta do a few more chores fore he gets here, daughter would come, but has a work meeting early this aft, so she is sending him, lol......poor blake, lol      for now, the thread sure is slim pickins on posts ladies, lol gotta fix that!!!  :yes

I think everyone is getting into spring/summer mode. I don't access much on my days off from work as it's so difficult on my tablet. Sometimes I feel I should have gotten the laptop, but just couldn't give up my touch screen and ability to take quick pictures. I tried one of the combos, it was hideous! Had to return it and exchange for the tablet. Maybe I will decide on a laptop on my next birthday, we'll see.

#1Crochetfan I rely a lot on Google to bail me out of computer issues and try to get my hands on a for Dummies or Idiots book before getting a new operating system. I haven't done networking and only use Wi-Fi at my sisters house with the laptop. I am getting proficient at using Wi-Fi with the smartphone I got 7 months ago.

Katy dont forget people's preferences for squares are listed on the first page here so those aren't totally lost. However this would be a good time for everyone to update their info. Something else to think about----will whatever document format you use now open with Windows 10 or will you have to start all over again? Just curious what word processing program did your daughter install on your computer? I try to learn what I can about computer stuff from you all too.

We are getting some badly needed rain this morning. I bought some tomato plants yesterday and I think I will take a chance and get them set out. Hopefully it wont get too cold on them. You just never know here----a couple years ago the ground was white on May 1.

ooh, I so want to get started on our garden. We are always late getting things in the ground. It is notorious for raining on days that I am off, I don't get anything done on days that I work as I work 12 hour night shifts. This past Sunday would have been a wonderful day to work in the garden, I felt like crap and slept the whole day

:( so aggravating.

I wanted to work on some crocheting, that didn't happen either. Got the house cleaned over the weekend and that was about it. I always have such good intentions on getting a lot completed, and I never do.

have a wonderful evening all

Hi all!

Katie, I'm so glad you're up and running now. It's such a pain when things won't work like they're supposed to and you're out of contact. I'll message you all my details!

Carol, congratulations on the beautiful new grandbaby!

DH and I had our glassblowing Saturday evening and we made mini vases. We picked them up tonight and I got pictures but since I'm on the tablet I can't post them. I'll get the laptop out tomorrow hopefully so I can share.

Tomorrow DH and I are taking Peanut out by ourselves to give Sister some time to herself. I think we'll stop at Starbucks for a drink for me and a treat for Peanut and then take him to the park. His favorite thing is the sandbox and we have a park nearby with a huge sandbox and trucks in it to play with.

Off to bed now I think so I can rest up for tomorrow. Toddlers are exhausting! Lol I hope everyone had a good weekend!

Good morning to all. I have been a little MIA lately but have been able to mostly keep up with the posts.

Woke up to a beautiful spring snow. It's gorgeous outside.

I am behind on my squares but I want you ladies to know I plan to get caught up when things settle down a little bit. :)

I have been sending my resume out looking for a new job. I am a nervous wreck about it. LOL!!!  Can I use that as an excuse? I know something will come up all in good time. But in the meantime... :lol

Gotta go and get moving. Take Care everyone

Yesterday I set out my tomato and pepper plants and got my lettuce spinach and radishes planted between rain showers. The potatoes we planted the end of March are sticking their little heads up. They were nipped back a bit by our last cold spell. Tribble79 it's so much nicer using raised beds. We had been planting the early things(lettuce and radishes) in big flower pots and planters. We never could get our garden spot worked up early enough in the spring to plant them as it stays wet too long. Things did so much better in the pots than when I planted them in the ground. I have grown peppers,tomatoes, green onions, cucumbers and potaoes in containers. I had to really watch myself because I tended to call it my pot garden instead of container garden. A few years ago we bought some raised bed kits on sale at the end of the season. We added more raised beds last year using some old decking that a friend gave us. I wish we had put in raised beds years ago.

hello all, thanks to those that sent me their info, appreciate it!! the list is getting longer, so looks good !! OH, heard from ann today via snail mail, she is fine, but is without a cojmputer, what is with this, what did snowbear start, lol, she said she spilt some gingerale on her laptop, so might be a little while before she posts again, but at least she let us know, says she misses us all, but we'll still be here ann, no worries!! 

that is bs, sandra me snowbear and now ann, that have had some sot of computer issue, so you see, this email thing is going to help us all out,never knoiw when  it will strike again, or how, or whom, lol       

that's all for now, had a good day today, did a few odds and ends,handyman got rid of the water heater, and the tv that went out, and a few more things i managed to add to the tak to the dumpster pile today, lol all in all, seems we are getting cleared up and cleaned up, deck looks so good now, as handydan finally moved that stuff to the bed of his truck and down to the dumpster, and stored all his winer things badck in the shed, like broom , shovel, etc, so now we have our deck back too, good. We too talked about planting soon, the last week was still a chance of being a bit too chilly, so we will wait, we usually as a rule, plant flowers on or around mother's day in may, and the vegies whevevr he gets around to it, we have a raised (railroad ties bordered) vegie garden, and a brick enclosed other two flower beds, so not a lot to do... 

thinking again, about getting some housepants, need advice on that, can't be poisinous to cats, easy to grow, not fragile if they don't get watered for a day or so, you know, fool proof plants, anyone have any ideas??? Had african violets last year, in two pots, they sure were pretty, so ready for something else, that won't hurt the cat if he gets interested, lol        so if you kmow of anything I could even grow, lemme know.....My grammy,had a green thumb, my mom,not so much, me humm zip comes to mind, lol

i remember my grammys tall gorgeous zinnias out back, taller than we were at that time, such big blooms, lovely colors....she was a wiz at growing things. allfor now, have a ood evening all till later!!!!

hi all,

well i looked at tht list brenda, and other lists, seems i would have to really be careful what i get for houseplants, usually Max doesn't go in there atll, but the door is open in the craft room most of the time, so would hate to run the risk of getting something that might be harmful to him, oh well, i like fakery flowers anyway, lol, all you got to do to them, is dust them now and then, ha ha ha...

Rain rain rain, they calledi it a monsoon rain, i called it a gully washer, lol  good for the grass seed handydan put down about a week ago, but too much for me, constant rumbling, and rain all day long, sunny out now, but not for long i don't think as more rain is forecast for tonight. 

ws wondering those of you that have windows 10, how you like it, are there any drawbacks or probs, just askin!! also, about tablets, ipads in particular, so if any of you have those, how do you like them.. Some tablets won't let you post pics i hear, why, what;s that about... ok,any reccomendations for a good tablet??m just thought Id ask..

had some leftover bean soup and rolls and butter for a quicki supper tonight, tasted good, on a chilly rainy day, lol.. ow i  have warm soup tummy, and can only think of a nap, lol but won't, too much daytime left, got things to do!!     do hope all of you are having  a good week, those that aren't, well, it can only get better, right... how is the new grandbaby carol, and are things settling in for mom and baby a little bit now?? 

pineknott, how is mil doing, has she settled in well , and doing better healthwise? Hi to everyone le i may have missed, and i will be back maybel llater on, see ya then!! 

Hello everyone!

We had a beautiful day here today! I have errands and cleaning done so now is my relaxation time.

Yarnmonkey- I can't wait to see photos of your blown glass. I bet the pieces came out beautiful.

Bgs- I have so much yard work to do that I haven't planted any seeds yet. We will have so many dump loads, and I, of course, get nominated to do them, so I am not looking forward to that. The cementing got done at least.:)

Katy- I have Windows 7 and really like it because I am used to it. My dd had a laptop with Windows 8 that I needed to fix a problem for her on and it took me forever to figure out how to get it to the desktop. She had it in the tiles. Windows 10 is a better version of Windows 8 from what I hear.

I have had my iPad 2 since 2010 or 2011 and love it. I would love an iPad Pro but need a newer laptop more. Mobile devices need to get synchronized to a computer/laptop and it's important to have a reliable one. With an iPad, I use iTunes but there are android notebooks that use google.

Well- time to sign off and do some crocheting!

Katy when we got the laptop to replace our 13 year old pc I was able to choose between windows 7 and 8. After researching them I opted for 7. From what I gather people did not like 8 very well. It was designed to be used with a touch screen although you could still use the keyboard. It seemed like it was designed to be constantly hooked to the internet for those that wanted quick access to their social media sites eg facebook and twitter and it wasn't as straight forward to get to the regular programs like word on the familiar desktop. On 8 they call the programs apps. When you turn a computer with 8 on a picture came up and you had to (be smart enough to just know) touch a touch screen or hit a button on the keyboard to move on. Also with 8 you could no longer play your purchased dvd movies on your computer unless you bought extra software. I think people were so unhappy with 8 that microsoft is letting people upgrade to 10 for free

for a limited time. I think 10 is is basically an updated version of 8. I had been toying with upgrading my 7 to 10 until #1crochetfan said the upgrade went smooth for those that went from 8 to 10 but several had problems going from 7 to 10. I don't want to be the one with problems. I don't have someone to help me figure it out. I imagine 10 is ok and you just have to learn how to use it. I spent 14 years with xp and still prefer it to 7 but they have to keep "improving" operating systems to stay in business. I don't have a tablet but love my smartphone.

hi ya, my list is only about 9 names long so those of you that hven't contacted me with the name, addy, and prefs yet, should do so, i don't have anything left of the old list, just wht is on the first post, and we have added optional email to be kept for emergencies to provide a contact when we are having issues with the ville or computers.If you care not to participat in the birthday square thread,, which i hope is not your intention, lol, then you will be left off the birthday list, but i won't do that, for at least a week or so.. so hurrrrry, get your info to me lickity split!! and i will get you updated asap.. 

yep bgs in know nothing of this tecky stuff  as where ever i worked, we had an it dept, that took care of all that goop, so, that is why i listen to the kids on tecky related stuff, they seem to think an ipad is more mom friendly, lol, but then, that would be learning a diff operating system too, as they are apple, not windows soooo I will probaby consult wtth her and the geek squad at best buy before buying one, lol i  dont want to buy a touch screen, nor do i want a touch screen, , lol  ai found out, i have windows 7 now, up from vista, easier to update to 10 i guess, i dunno.....depends on who you ask i guess. lol..        jeesh, i remember starting out with windows 95, then came 98, then millennium, then xp, vista, 7 8 9 and now 10 and soon to be im sure 11. sign, how fast time flies, huh.  

more rain on the way  tonight, sigh,that's ok, we need it i guess.... maybe tomorrow will be sunny then, huh!! 

all for now, see you all tomorrow, have a safe and peaceful evening.       :c9   

Finally remembered to send my message to Katie with all my info. If I forgot anything, let me know and I'll get it right over to you!  :)

The Tee Tee and Uncle playdate with Peanut went off without a hitch. He was so excited to see his "ca ca" (DH) that he squealed and just took a flying leap at him when we walked in the door. He fussed for about 30 seconds when he realized Sister was putting him in the car and we were leaving without her but he got over it real quick. We took him to Starbucks and he got a cake pop and we ran him ragged at the park. I'm sure Sister is still finding sand in various Peanut pieces. 

Today we ran about a hundred errands to get ready to go visit my dad and DH's family. Tomorrow we've got to get packed and mow the yard before dinner and a concert. Then we'll leave bright and early Friday morning! I'll most likely be on the tablet the whole trip, but I'll be reading and keeping up like always and posting when I can. 

Almost time for bed so I'll share pictures of our finished vases and then I'm off! I hope everyone is having a good week so far.  :ghug

This one is mine, white and multi. 

post-11765-0-53969200-1461217612_thumb.jpg

This is DH's, red and blue. 

post-11765-0-99568600-1461217614_thumb.jpg

Finally remembered to send my message to Katie with all my info. If I forgot anything, let me know and I'll get it right over to you!  :)

The Tee Tee and Uncle playdate with Peanut went off without a hitch. He was so excited to see his "ca ca" (DH) that he squealed and just took a flying leap at him when we walked in the door. He fussed for about 30 seconds when he realized Sister was putting him in the car and we were leaving without her but he got over it real quick. We took him to Starbucks and he got a cake pop and we ran him ragged at the park. I'm sure Sister is still finding sand in various Peanut pieces. 

Today we ran about a hundred errands to get ready to go visit my dad and DH's family. Tomorrow we've got to get packed and mow the yard before dinner and a concert. Then we'll leave bright and early Friday morning! I'll most likely be on the tablet the whole trip, but I'll be reading and keeping up like always and posting when I can. 

Almost time for bed so I'll share pictures of our finished vases and then I'm off! I hope everyone is having a good week so far.  :ghug

attachicon.gif20160418_180710.jpg

attachicon.gifResized_20160418_180655.jpg

oh,those are both really nice

attachicon.gifResized_20160418_180655.jpg

they are bOTH STUNNING!!

Those are beautiful!

Hello everyone!

Not much happening here just the usual work and such.

Hi!

Today is my birthday! I had a wonderful day. My girls wanted to take me out for dinner, so we went to Applebees and went to Sweet Frog for dessert. I guess my diet went out the window today. Haha!

I have some squares here to mail out. I've just been a bit of a bum lately. My medication has exacerbated my depression and anxiety. It makes it hard for me to do anything. I think of you all.

Hi!

Today is my birthday! I had a wonderful day. My girls wanted to take me out for dinner, so we went to Applebees and went to Sweet Frog for dessert. I guess my diet went out the window today. Haha!

I have some squares here to mail out. I've just been a bit of a bum lately. My medication has exacerbated my depression and anxiety. It makes it hard for me to do anything. I think of you all

CINDY HAPPY B DAY!! ithink i sent you some squares earlier in the month, if not, if you don't recieve or have already, and i missed it, lemme know, lol I rhink i  think i did, i think i did, glad you got spoiled a bit, have a great tomorrow too, sorry about the depression and stuff hope that improves soon!! .CINDY how are the kidlets doing?

hi ya holly, good to see you, how is everything in your neck of the woods!! thankyou for the info yarnmonkey, cindy and holly, appreciate it!! 

ok,nothing doing here, just a normal day,sunny though,no rain, but it is coming.We got the yard done, and the weedeating and mowing, and discovered a nest with three baby rabbits in it, so took a wide birth around the nest with the mower and weed eater, hopefully didn't disturb them and mama comes to take care of them again,the mower theart is gone now, tilll next week at least little ones.... 

that is all for now, ill see youi all tomorrow, have a great da tomorrow!

Archived