Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

I missed everyone yesterday, Wednesdays are a little busier than other days, sounds like everyone has been busy. It was gray with some rain here today, so no recess, yuck. We watched a Barney DVD instead. I'm not as tired today as the past 3 days maybe I'm readjusting to my usual routine. I'm working on a baby afghan and hopefully will feel like sewing this weekend, I have some mending to do and a blanket/robe to make for my daughter. A friend has requested a Disney outfit for her daughter's first trip to Disney in November, so I need to check the Disney fabrics at Joanns and start planning something fun. I finished 4 squares for our queen and will probably get to the post office on Monday or Tuesday. I guess that's about it for me. Have a great evening.

Yay, owlvamp got the mouse! I just hate them! I love that you wake everyone up to show it. One of these days, they will accept your superpower :-)

Kuddles, good luck on the scan. I'm sure you're fine. I'm exhausted everyday just by reading about all of your walks ;-)

Katy, I normally would be with you about insects and spiders and such. Heck, a spider bite landed me in the hospital for three days once. However, the new stuff I'm learning from my gardening friend is making me see even bees differently. Therefore, I've decided that as long as they stay outside, I'm fine with them. Lol

Incredibly, I'm first to post today! I'm going back to sleep. :-D

ha, nothing I could learn, would change my mind about those creatures!

Yes I'm probably just fine, but since heart disease runs in my family, and I'm getting the scan for half price, I'm doing it to make sure!

Lucky has now gotten me up for two mornings in a row at 4:45. Yesterday he really had to 'go' due to too much water the nite before, this morning, he 'learned' I would get up. Not sure what to do. He is in his crate in my bedroom. He barked today, had to get up since someone bought the condo below.

Sigh

In an off site mtg all day (boring!) so won't be able to check in with my Squares!

Have a good day!

kuddles

How'd ya come out on the scan thing Kuddles?? and Lucky is a smart little guy, lol getting you trained in a couple days!!

Aw, I hope you're able to get some rest today, owlvamp. :( (Haha, I accidentally typed "owlvanp" and my phone offered to correct it to "owl vamp". Good job, phone!) Things have sounded so rough for you lately.

Even though I feel like I'm doing better at work, it seems like I'm doing less well at home. I haven't been crocheting or running in weeks now (except that little bit on my rainbow-ghan over the weekend when my computer was being occupied). It's kind of a bummer when I think about it, especially since I have a race coming up in two weeks! I hope that soon I can figure out how to balance everything again. :-/

It's a grey, dreary, muggy day here today. I hope everybody manages to have a good afternoon no matter what your weather's like!

ah, so that is where the runner part of your name comes in, you are a runner, and run in races, very cool!

made that postal run,and this month's squares are on their way,they say Monday

YAY!! Queen Honex , where oh where are you!!

Good night everyone. I'm extremely exhausted .

sweet dreams...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :sheepjump

hey, heres a fun fact for you...

Of the members of our thread here, we have 3/4 of the members quite active on the thread ! just a fourth left to win over, and get to post more often, even though they post, it's not as often as we would LOVE them too, lol So those of you that haven't posted in a while, please do, we miss you, and your comments and participation...

and it is a PLUS too, to those of the thread looking for participants and recipients of squares......tee hee hee

Honestly, i didn't think it would be as many as three fourths, hip hip hooray!!!!!!!!!! :ty

I have a question, ladies.  I want to make a serious dent in my stash.  I love to send people pretty and distinct squares, but they take longer.  In order to be productive, I was thinking about churning out traditional grannies in one color, variegated and solid, if you get my drift.  Is that okay?  I figure I'll make a lot of squares, just randomly taking the yarn and making them, and afterwards going through the preferences and making piles according to what people want.  If you prefer the more elaborate squares instead of traditional grannies, let me know, and I'll cross you off the list.  Is that good?  Does that make sense?  If, say, four or five members here prefer the "nicer" squares, then I'll scratch the idea and work more slowly.

oooh, if I were collecting, that would be fine for me, I too am a fan of the traditional grannys in one color, or several, or varigated!! I am sure most people would cherish the traditional granny's too, and would be grateful for any you sent them!! You go girl, you are on a serious stash busting streak!!!!! lol

Angel I would be fine with solid grannies. I need a lot of different kind of browns. So I'm okay with it.

Next year I will make some squares and send it out to you all. This year just hasn't been very good and so tight on money. I feel bad that you all send to me and I haven't done anything. But I want to.but I would also like to do what you would like to do Angel.

all in good time sandra.. Just for now, concentrate on recovering, how many more weeks do you think you have, did they estimate when full recovery would be possible for you, and how close are you, days, or weeks still away?? You're doing fine though, you and ann always manage to post often, and we enjoy your postings.. My advice, don't worry about sending right now, simply enjoy the getting for the moment, lol    

angel, that is what i have been doing as well, first with the baby yarn,then the caron simply soft, then some small balls of solids for four inch squares, etc, lol Im cleaning out a lot of little bits and bobs of yarnnie goodness, to make room for more!!!!!!!

Angel I would be fine with solid grannies. I need a lot of different kind of browns. So I'm okay with it.

Next year I will make some squares and send it out to you all. This year just hasn't been very good and so tight on money. I feel bad that you all send to me and I haven't done anything. But I want to.but I would also like to do what you would like to do Angel.

No worries, owlvamp.  I'm happy to send squares out and bust this stash.  I'll send what I have in browns.  I understand the financial situation too.  I've had some very challenging times over and over again recently, but I know I'll get back in the swing of things soon.  We just want you and Anne to rest and recuperate.  The rest will handle itself in due time.

Katie, I have been so disorganized with my odds and ends.  I've gathered some.  I should make a magic ball and make squares out of it.  Might be interesting.

I have a question, ladies.  I want to make a serious dent in my stash.  I love to send people pretty and distinct squares, but they take longer.  In order to be productive, I was thinking about churning out traditional grannies in one color, variegated and solid, if you get my drift.  Is that okay?  I figure I'll make a lot of squares, just randomly taking the yarn and making them, and afterwards going through the preferences and making piles according to what people want.  If you prefer the more elaborate squares instead of traditional grannies, let me know, and I'll cross you off the list.  Is that good?  Does that make sense?  If, say, four or five members here prefer the "nicer" squares, then I'll scratch the idea and work more slowly.

traditional grannies are fine with me too,mix and match if you have creme color to use up,it matches up great with greens,blues,purples.

I'm into stashbusting on another cal. In the 50 squares I'm doing its so hard to stick to one color,even tho it would go faster,I still find myself doing two or three colors to a square

Just letting you know that I have not (at least not yet) floated away in the floods here.  They say if all the rain we got were snow, we would have 120 inches by now.  That means 12 FEET of snow.  Four days of rain and counting.  Maybe I should build an ark.

Wonderful Angel. Thanks a bunch.

Well I am off to bed to see if I can get some sleep.

Need to get a glass of water and off I go.

I'm trying recuperate..

all in good time sandra.. Just for now, concentrate on recovering, how many more weeks do you think you have, did they estimate when full recovery would be possible for you, and how close are you, days, or weeks still away?? You're doing fine though, you and ann always manage to post often, and we enjoy your postings.. My advice, don't worry about sending right now, simply enjoy the getting for the moment, lol    

I have about 2-3 weeks. I had another lapse and it set me back some days behind if not a week. But it shouldn't be more than that.

I'm really trying and doing the best I can.

Thanks for letting me know, everyone.  It makes it so much easier.

Honex99, keep safe!  Earlier I was reading about the bad rains and floods you've been having.  I hope the dams hold up.  Praying for Colorado!

Owlvamp, have a restful sleep :)

Katie, remember how recently you accidentally wiped out some of the preferences?  I'm embarrassed to say that I have a Word document with a copy of that first post.  I just realized it when I went into my external hard drive to start making a list of what is being requested.  Do you want me to send it to you?

Just letting you know that I have not (at least not yet) floated away in the floods here.  They say if all the rain we got were snow, we would have 120 inches by now.  That means 12 FEET of snow.  Four days of rain and counting.  Maybe I should build an ark.

Hi Queenie!! Good to hear from you, as I think you have some squares on the way from a couple people here...keep safe in all that water!! Ive never been in a flood, but imagine it's pretty terrible to go through! 

traditional grannies are fine with me too,mix and match if you have creme color to use up,it matches up great with greens,blues,purples.

I'm into stashbusting on another cal. In the 50 squares I'm doing its so hard to stick to one color,even tho it would go faster,I still find myself doing two or three colors to a square

now see, That's me too, i like color, lol so it's hard to stick to one unless it's a smallish thing!! Thus the four inch solid color squares i made, which by the way, are all put together, and awaiting some 8 inch for bringing it up to size, and then trimming it,and either will go to project Linus, or into the box again, for charity!

I have about 2-3 weeks. I had another lapse and it set me back some days behind if not a week. But it shouldn't be more than that.

I'm really trying and doing the best I can.

wow, you are doing great then, and one of these days, you will wake up,and feel normal again, I promise, just hang in there Sandra!! Have a restful night, it will do you some good, as the body does most of it's healing, whilst we are asleep!!

Thanks for letting me know, everyone.  It makes it so much easier.

Honex99, keep safe!  Earlier I was reading about the bad rains and floods you've been having.  I hope the dams hold up.  Praying for Colorado!

Owlvamp, have a restful sleep :)

Katie, remember how recently you accidentally wiped out some of the preferences?  I'm embarrassed to say that I have a Word document with a copy of that first post.  I just realized it when I went into my external hard drive to start making a list of what is being requested.  Do you want me to send it to you?

ha , yep, I remember. I posted a notice at the top of that page, that if people come in and something or their name and preferences are amiss, please pm me, but sure, you can send me the list, Id have it just in case, thank you angel!! You live up to that part of your name!!

Just for you Kuddles, good morning! Hope you have a great Friday, and then the weekend, and you can play!  

and in other news....

five of us on this thread, made the top 20 posters list today! just so ya know! Congratz squares!! Keep up the good work!

ha , yep, I remember. I posted a notice at the top of that page, that if people come in and something or their name and preferences are amiss, please pm me, but sure, you can send me the list, Id have it just in case, thank you angel!! You live up to that part of your name!!

You're funny.  If I lived up to it, you would have had it the first day!  lol.  Sending it over :)

Good morning everyone!

I slept really good for 3 1/2 hours and I'm back up again. Will try

To lay here in a few minute for a little longer. Then need to get up and take a shower.

Happy Friday!

Honex99, glad to hear you are safe, I was watching the news this morning and it looked so scary. I have squares finished for you and hope to get to the post office early next week. 

I'm feeling a bit more energetic this morning, maybe because it's Friday. 

Nothing exciting going on here, have a great day everyone.

Good morning! Oh my did I miss a ton of posts yesterday! Can't even catch up at this point!

I leave in half an hour to take kiddles to school then on to the hospital that is 45 minutes away to get my heart scan and blood draw. No coffee or food till it is over so I might just rip someone's head off if they look at me the wrong way! Kuddles needs her coffee!!!!!

I'll check in later....I get results right away!

kuddles

Good Morning Everyone! How's everyone doing?  It's so hard to try to catch up around here, lol.  Did I miss anything important?  I haven't been doing much, a little crocheting here and there, but nothing big.  I made one square for our queen last night and have another one started.  I hope to get a couple more finished this weekend, then get them in the mail.  Honex is your addy the same? 

I love the traditional grannies and don't mind multiple colors or variegate in them either. 

Wow!  Good thing it's not snow, lol.  So glad to know you are safe.  Prayers going up for you and all in your area...

Just for you Kuddles, good morning! Hope you have a great Friday, and then the weekend, and you can play!  

and in other news....

five of us on this thread, made the top 20 posters list today! just so ya know! Congratz squares!! Keep up the good work!

LOL, where is this list?  That is just too funny and at the same time kinda nice that we (this group) is so active.

Good morning! Oh my did I miss a ton of posts yesterday! Can't even catch up at this point!

I leave in half an hour to take kiddles to school then on to the hospital that is 45 minutes away to get my heart scan and blood draw. No coffee or food till it is over so I might just rip someone's head off if they look at me the wrong way! Kuddles needs her coffee!!!!!

I'll check in later....I get results right away!

kuddles

Best of luck Kuddles!!! :hug

Well thanks to your well wishes and thoughts, I 'd like to announce:

I have the heart of a 44 year old (and I'm 57)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although my cholesterol is just over 200, my good cholesterol is so high, it makes my heart sing! The 4 main arteries show zero, yes ZERO gunk! I have less than a 2% risk of a heart attack in the next 10 years! I was told all the exercise I do is key.....plus the weight loss of course! Another scan is recommended in 5 years.....

I am SO happy!!! I told Kiddles she'd have to put up with me for a lot more years! LOL

Thanks Squares!

kuddles

Archived