Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I love animal stories!  My African Grey parrot, Alfie, loved white corn.  I couldn't fool him when there was only yellow corn at the store because he would ignore it.  I would order fries with no salt and give him one.  Otherwise, he'd drive me crazy.  Those birds are loud; so it's better to shush them the best way you can, in this case with a fry, lol.  My doggies would eat any dog food I got them, but their favorites were the bones from the feed store.  Oh, they'd go at it for hours.  I never gave them human food because of all of the warnings about cancer.  They were well fed and happy, though.  Here's a picture of the pets I had :'(

post-44469-0-36848600-1378852617_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-76153400-1378852633_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My ex brother in law still has his African Gray named Jake. They ignore him a lot and he is mean. No one but him can tough him. He even says bad words. They are beautiful birds.

Your dog are cute too.

That's funny about the cats and dogs oh and bird. Princess loves to bite our potatoes raw. When I go to peel potatoes guess what lots of holes. So I hide them from her.

My ex brother in law still has his African Gray named Jake. They ignore him a lot and he is mean. No one but him can tough him. He even says bad words. They are beautiful birds.

Your dog are cute too.

I taught my Alfie to be around people; so he would love visitors, especially men.  Why is it that animals love men so much?  lol.  He was a spoiled bird and a chatterbox.  We don't use foul language; so thankfully he never picked that up.  He flew away shortly after moving where I am now.  Someone didn't lock his cage while he was on the balcony.  My doggies, Esme (white) and Coquette (gray), were rehomed when I moved here.  I miss them!  This economy was bad for many reasons, but the worst part was parting with my poodles.  They're both fine, thankfully.

Enjoyed all the animals additions! Thanks gals!

The animal stories are too funny. My cats don't bother with drinks but I have one that will steal potato chips off your plate if your not watching.

I'm still tired today, didn't sleep very well last night, hopefully tonight will be better.

Have a good night.

we had three cats over the years,two had what I think is strange tastes

one loved olive juice.not the olives but the juice,she would pester the heck out of you till you gave her some,she'd lap it up and then everything was fine

the male cat,you could not eat any type of yougurt in peace,it was kinda like,some for me some for him,we called him our fruity kitty

I love animal stories!  My African Grey parrot, Alfie, loved white corn.  I couldn't fool him when there was only yellow corn at the store because he would ignore it.  I would order fries with no salt and give him one.  Otherwise, he'd drive me crazy.  Those birds are loud; so it's better to shush them the best way you can, in this case with a fry, lol.  My doggies would eat any dog food I got them, but their favorites were the bones from the feed store.  Oh, they'd go at it for hours.  I never gave them human food because of all of the warnings about cancer.  They were well fed and happy, though.  Here's a picture of the pets I had :'(

That's funny about the cats and dogs oh and bird. Princess loves to bite our potatoes raw. When I go to peel potatoes guess what lots of holes. So I hide them from her.

Awe AngelRose I am so sorry to hear that. I sure hope someone caught the African Gray so he didn't get hurt or anything. That's a shame.

I'm sorry also you had to bet rid of the dogs too. Yes economy can do that a lot. I barely scrap by with ours but daughter help with theirs so that makes it nice. Animals are not cheaper when you love them so much.

Awe AngelRose I am so sorry to hear that. I sure hope someone caught the African Gray so he didn't get hurt or anything. That's a shame.

I'm sorry also you had to bet rid of the dogs too. Yes economy can do that a lot. I barely scrap by with ours but daughter help with theirs so that makes it nice. Animals are not cheaper when you love them so much.

No, it's not cheap when properly cared for.  I was lucky to have a vet tech friend that helped me by coming over to check them and give them their shots.  She works at the SPCA-LA.  I had them spayed and neutered there (there was also a boy, and he went to my sister).  I at one point had Coquette (mommy) and her five pups.  It was so much fun!  Yeah, it was a lot of work, but I'm a bit ocd you might say, and I had it down to a science.  They were all potty trained and had learned the basic commands when I found them their forever homes.  I hope that I can someday be in a place where I am once again independent and can have a poodle.  I'm allergic to dander; so poodles are perfect for me.  Anyway, enough of that.  I'm getting nostalgic again.

I'm going to use my Edgerydoo finally!  I am going to make the board this weekend, and then I'm going to play around with the Edgerydoo before I touch my BFF's flannel for a baby shower.  I'm so excited!  Since it's a quick, easy job of edging the flannel, I will be able to throw in a variety of small baby things and make a basket.  Yay!  I've also started a second striped bag but in blue for a niece, and that one is already crocheted.  It needs a lining.  Then I'll gather the sides and add the handle.  After that, I'm going to make a third one for a friend.  They are so fast to make.  Love it!  Ooh, I've also started the Crocodile Stitch Cardigan in dark purple for my other sister-in-law.  My sister saw what I'm working on, and she wants one too.  Her youngest daughter wants one too!  lol.  It looks like it can easily be modified into a small cardigan.  I hope it works out.  

Have a good night, everybody :)

wow, lots to catch up on I see.... Loved all the stories about the pets, and their strange little habits that endear them to us!! Ive always had cats and dogs, and have had many "personalities" with them as well...

i scurried out today, before the heat set in, like Kuddles, was hot here today too, one degree short of a record of 101 i hear, anyways, did my errands early, then came home, and had a lunch of sorts as handymandan was out and working at one of the neighbors doing something with the plumbing..

So, fixed a tuna sandwich, some chips, and a can of diet coke, and sat down, to crochet.. I have lots of littler squares started, just trials and if something was fun to make, Id make some more, lol they are mostly four inches, so will take a look at them tomorrow, and see what and if I want to do something with them...I know there are a couple people that will take the four inch squares, so if I decide to give them up, I will post here first! Otherwise, Ill figure something out, lol.

have a great evening, raining here now, has been since before 6, and thunder, nothing severe, I don't think,it's ushering in a cooler front, which Im in favor of, lol and we need the rain!    So deck steps have to wait a bit to get water sealed I guess! Hopefully they will dry out tomorrow.

Not much else on the agenda, my sister received her sashay scarf, and absolutely loved it, said she wore it to the store, and sweated, but she wanted to show it off, lol.....She does live in a cooler climate, you know, but hey, not that cool yet, lol I thought it was funny!

well all, enjoy your day tomorrow, those that can't sleep, I wish them peaceful slumber, those that hurt, physically or emotionally, I wish for them to heal quickly, and those of us that just keep plugging along, I wish them strength and endurance.. For all, a good night, and a peaceful day ahead!

Guess what? Guess what? I already caught the mouse. Please pray I have no more. We set up 8 traps! I was determined to get it. Thinking about going to get more traps. I can't stand mice.

In the mean time woke up husband to take care of it and put it in 3 bags and a box taped it shut and can mail it to anyone who wants it.LOL

Then Tank decided to take advantage of the situation and stole my glass again , got my recliner wet and ate all the dang ice. That boy. I popped his butt. The thing is he will do it again.

Katy you know I will take the four inch blocks off your hand. I would even share if some else wanted them too.

It's nice to share. LOL

I'm a little happy we caught the mouse so hope no more. They come in every so often. Usually only during winter but I guess this one needed air. Well it's gone. I did have a talk with Heavenly Father and say I wouldn't harm the creatures if he would please keep them outside. Not aloud in side unless they ask me themselves which I probably would have a heart attach. :)

Night all !

Good morning chatty Squares!

Woo Hoo on catching the mouse owlvamp!

Last hot day in Chi Town.....90 and humid then rain and Friday will only be 67!!!

Just gonna get thru my day....tomorrow is the regional mtg at a nearby hotel so won't be in the office, then I'm off Friday. While Kiddles is in school, I'm getting a heart scan.......hospital is offering it half price and heart disease runs in my family big time. This way I know if there is something more than losing the 60 pounds I need to do! So two busy days coming up!

Hugs to all my squares! Have a great day!

kuddles

Well a day off is and awesome day kuddles. Least you will be able to try to catch up on some things.

It's been pretty hot here but I usually stay inside so it doesn't bother me.

Slept so so and woke this morning with a headache. Going try to lay down now that daughter is at seminary and then off to school. I already went dropped stuff at the post office, paid the water and rent. So my errands are done for the day.

Soon I'll show you all what I crocheted .

I'll be anxious to see what you've done! Com on eye candy!

kuddles

Well a day off is and awesome day kuddles. Least you will be able to try to catch up on some things.
It's been pretty hot here but I usually stay inside so it doesn't bother me.

Slept so so and woke this morning with a headache. Going try to lay down now that daughter is at seminary and then off to school. I already went dropped stuff at the post office, paid the water and rent. So my errands are done for the day.

Soon I'll show you all what I crocheted .

was up early but this is the first chance to post

with the anniversary of 9/11 comes annonomys threats that of course have to be treated seriously

you practically can't get around in this area without going over a bridge or through a tunnel,anyway there is a 4-7 mile backup on the two major bridge/tunnels. commercial trucks are being stopped and bomb sniffing dogs are circling the trucks

Oh wow pineknott! I think that is so crazy. Do they not think they did enough damage and hurt so many people. It's so sad that people just can't stop all this violence. In our schools, colleges, home where ever it just needs to stop. If you can't get a long move on.

evening all.. Today as we all know, is the anniversary of 9 eleven, and the attack on the twin towers, and pentagon.. take a moment to think of all those that lost their lives, and all those they left behind, so sad, so needless.......

We as a nation, are on a high alert every year at this time, as the authorities expect an anniversary attack, so that is why security is a bit higher, tell you I would hate to be flying anywhere on this date.....

Rained almost all evening, and into the wee hours of the am, about 530 it slowed down and stopped..We needed the rain to revive the growing things, so all is good.......

Im still looking for a "just right" frame Becca, for your square, when I find one, Ill take a pic and post it...

That reminds me, Yarnoverforlove, I don't think I have heard yet if you got the squares I sent a while back, if you posted I missed it, if you got them, lemme know if not too, lemme know, thanks... these were some 5inch, and some 6 inch, I think about 14, so hoping they reached you by now!

Yay, kuddles gets a day all to herself! lol I used to call them mental health days, ha ha ha, dd was in school, but not if she knew, cause then she would want to stay home with me, lol I had the whole day, to do whatever, whenever I wanted, it was great!

There were times too, we both took a mother daughter day, and did fun stuff, like horseback riding, or Zoo,

or something fun, they were great memory building days as well.....

Great on the mouse thing owlvamp, I too absolutley abhore them!! I fear however, for a mouse getting into this house, my two cats would make it a day playing it to death, while I would be spending the day on the ceiling!( remind me to tell you all the story of 3 escaped gerbils, 3 cats, and me in the house!)

I hate anything that can jump, crickets and grasshoppers, some spiders, and other assorted disgusting members of the insect family, I for one, can't see what good insects do ANYONE and would it really upset the eco system food chain too much to eliminate them all>>> I think not. lol

how is ann today??

Take five everyone, Ill be back probably later on.........ciao for niao, lol

Ohhhhhh, i see.....well, make it a fun day anyway, lol

Oh no Katy, my Friday is a heart scan in the morning then picking up Kiddles at noon, she gets off early.....day to myself? What is that!?

Have a good nite all!

kuddles

you go LInda! IS Rene' still collecting Linda??

sent out pm's to
honex
rusty's mom for addresses

Yay, owlvamp got the mouse! I just hate them! I love that you wake everyone up to show it. One of these days, they will accept your superpower :-)

Kuddles, good luck on the scan. I'm sure you're fine. I'm exhausted everyday just by reading about all of your walks ;-)

Katy, I normally would be with you about insects and spiders and such. Heck, a spider bite landed me in the hospital for three days once. However, the new stuff I'm learning from my gardening friend is making me see even bees differently. Therefore, I've decided that as long as they stay outside, I'm fine with them. Lol

Incredibly, I'm first to post today! I'm going back to sleep. :-D

Yay, owlvamp got the mouse! I just hate them! I love that you wake everyone up to show it. One of these days, they will accept your superpower :-)

Kuddles, good luck on the scan. I'm sure you're fine. I'm exhausted everyday just by reading about all of your walks ;-)

Katy, I normally would be with you about insects and spiders and such. Heck, a spider bite landed me in the hospital for three days once. However, the new stuff I'm learning from my gardening friend is making me see even bees differently. Therefore, I've decided that as long as they stay outside, I'm fine with them. Lol

Incredibly, I'm first to post today! I'm going back to sleep. :-D

Yes I'm probably just fine, but since heart disease runs in my family, and I'm getting the scan for half price, I'm doing it to make sure!

Lucky has now gotten me up for two mornings in a row at 4:45. Yesterday he really had to 'go' due to too much water the nite before, this morning, he 'learned' I would get up. Not sure what to do. He is in his crate in my bedroom. He barked today, had to get up since someone bought the condo below.

Sigh

In an off site mtg all day (boring!) so won't be able to check in with my Squares!

Have a good day!

kuddles

Good morning everyone. Almost afternoon though. I didn't sleep a wink last night. I am so tire and just in pain today. Just need to get some sleep and I'm sure ill be okay.

Aw, I hope you're able to get some rest today, owlvamp. :( (Haha, I accidentally typed "owlvanp" and my phone offered to correct it to "owl vamp". Good job, phone!) Things have sounded so rough for you lately.

Even though I feel like I'm doing better at work, it seems like I'm doing less well at home. I haven't been crocheting or running in weeks now (except that little bit on my rainbow-ghan over the weekend when my computer was being occupied). It's kind of a bummer when I think about it, especially since I have a race coming up in two weeks! I hope that soon I can figure out how to balance everything again. :-/

It's a grey, dreary, muggy day here today. I hope everybody manages to have a good afternoon no matter what your weather's like!

Archived