Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

nd good morning Ms Kuddles, how was your weekend???

It was good, thanks for asking! No obligations, 3 walks both days and less sass talk from kiddles so it was good!

Hi everyone!  Well I just don't now how I'm going to catch up on here, so much chatter, lol.  It's great to see it so busy though.  I'm hanging in there, taking it day by day.  I don't have much energy and get confused easily so bare with me if I say something that sounds silly, lol.

Kuddles, loved your scarf and bags!  Good to see that Kiddles is feeling better and also that you had a good birthday.  Too bad about work, but hang in there, hopefully things will work out. :hug

Oh Ann honey! Hang in there and hope you feel better soon! Thanks for your kind words!

Omg...that kittie scarf is adorable. Did you make the pattern yourself or did you find it somewhere? I would love to make one!

Here ya go!  http://loopsandramblings.blogspot.com/2012/02/kittens-in-row-scarf.html

I am up for Tank threw up so needed to clean that. Husband is up for work and getting ready.

I am going back to bed for a few till daughter needs to go to school. Night all!

Ugh! Poor thing, hope you were able to go back to sleep!!!

My boss emailed to say he has a funeral today so I have to 'sit in' on a parent/student meeting today! I am just taking notes I guess but makes me a bit nervous since I never deal directly with them! Wish me luck!

Will be 90 today and then up to 95 tomorrow in Chi Town! Yikes!!!! Air went back on this morning....

Love and hugs to all!

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone!

Happy Birthday Yarnoverforlove!

I woke up tired today so it was a really long day at work but still pretty good. I'm going to do some crocheting before I fall asleep.

Have a nice evening.

I'm still alive! :D A downside to getting myself more together at work is that I used to do my check-ins here using my phone as I was over in the lab running QC samples; now there's just not time to do it! I found a new time management technique that seems like it could work pretty well for me, though I still need to do some tweaking. Morning usually goes ok, but the afternoon usually gets messed up as it can be hard to get back into the groove after lunch break.

Nice eye candy, Kuddles! Do you have an embroidery machine? I, too, have a browser tab open with the kitty scarf pattern; that's just too cute! I... oooh, I think that might be what I use for my chocolate-colored project! (Much like Skoggy, I've had the desire for a while to do *something* with dark brown, medium brown, and cream yarns for a chocolatey feel.) Or maybe some rust colors, I feel like I want that pattern to be natural colors. Like I need another project right now! :lol

Becca, had you ever mentioned what happened with your work? I feel like I'm missing something somehow. But I definitely know how it feels to be afraid to face something, especially work (and school...). I'm so glad you're working towards overcoming it!

Hmmm, yep, can't remember what else I was going to reply to. That's what happens when you constantly have six pages to catch up on. >_< I didn't end up getting much crocheting done last weekend after all, though I did find one of my missing I-hooks. But we had a wonderful lazy weekend doing nothing much more than playing with our little guy. We had decided to take him into town for lunch and ice cream since he'd been a good listener every day at school during the week, and when we got there we found there was an end of summer festival going on! We got free food from the local bike shop celebrating their grand re-opening (new owners; I don't think the place was ever actually closed :D ), and the little guy got a balsa wood airplane from one of the stands along the street and we must have spent half an hour at the little park in the center of town, running around the fountain and flying the airplane and spinning around in the grass. I don't think he stopped beaming the entire time we were outside. Well worth it. :)

Happy late-night birthday, yarnover!

oh my Happy Late Birthday to Yarnoverforlove!!!!

Ann, good to hear from you, and viking too. Kuddles you can do it woman!! that parent thing will be a piece of cake compared to what you do every day!! How much do you walk everyday , i mean I know it varies, but do you wear one of those step counter, or mile things, i bet your walk miles a day!!

Owlvamp, what ever does your hubby do if it requires him to rise at 4 am, lol And sure hope tank feels better!!

yes, kitchen is finished, things  just today got put back where i wanted them to be, but don't think i will put anything up on the backsplash, I have those 3 m Command hook things, that supposed to NOT harm surfaces, but honestly i  like it just the tile it's  so clean and neat looking, the reason I hung stuff on that wall, was to cover the ugliness of that wall, now I don't have to!!! The tile goes the length of that entire wall that the sink and window are on and up to the bottoms of the top cupboards then  around a small about 3 foot corner to where the coffee pot and can opener are, so it looks so neat and tidy. I will probably hang some cup hooks near the coffee area, and get them off the counter, but that is about all i have to do yet,,,,,

will clean the bathrooms tomorrow, i ran out of time, and energy tonight, lol talk to you all tomorrow, have a good one!!

Hubby works for a company that make little censors. He looks through a telescope all day. And fuse wires and whatever makes the little censors work. I think then they sell them over seas and stuff. Not totally sure.

Today got a call from doc. And my iron is really low. So went and got some iron pills and if that doesn't work I will have to go for iron transfusions . That sucks I really try to get the protein I need and I take all my vitamins like doc told me except the iron. Now I'm doing that. That's why I just feel so sluggish all the time and no energy.

Good night everyone.

:bday  Yarnoverforlove!  I hope it's been a blissful day :)

Viking, hi!  My, you are a busy lady.  It sounds like you are managing to get everything under control.  How nice that you accidentally stumbled onto a fair.  Little Viking got an even better deal out of it :)

Today got a call from doc. And my iron is really low. So went and got some iron pills and if that doesn't work I will have to go for iron transfusions . That sucks I really try to get the protein I need and I take all my vitamins like doc told me except the iron. Now I'm doing that. That's why I just feel so sluggish all the time and no energy.

Good night everyone.

Oh, Owlvamp, I really, really am sorry that all of this is happening to you.  I've been severely anemic.  Even getting out of bed is a struggle.  I hope you feel stronger with the iron.  Lots of hugs to you, snowflake, and all the other ladies that need just a hug to know that they're not alone :hug

Katie, I would be in heaven in your kitchen.  I am happy as long as my home has a large kitchen and lots of storage space.  The rooms can be medium sized, but my kitchen has to be roomy.  Unfortunately, what we want is not necessarily what we have.  Oh, well...

Becca, your kittens are precious!  My sister and two of her girls found a couple of newborn kittens.  There was no mama to be found.  So they put them in a box and, since it was too late for pet stores to be open, she fed them a concoction she got from the Internet.  They were satisfied after that.  It's a good thing a friend of hers directed her to someone that rescues kittens.  My sister wanted to keep at least one, but she can't do that where she lives.  I'm glad that someone is able to care for them now.  I hope they survive.

Well, it's back to work for me.  Busy, busy, busy :)

Good night everyone.

Hope the iron perks you up soon!

kuddles

and good morning to all!

My allergies make me sluggish......really bad right now. But it is what it is!

Today we will make a record here in Chicago area....supposed to reach 98! What the????? Be staying in and hope kiddles doesn't bake! Her school has air so that is good! Some schools in the area are closing today due to the heat, if they don't have air.

Well getting myself and kiddles ready to go so I'll say good bye for now.

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Becca, wow the kittens are 5 weeks already!  Seems like they were just born.  Have a nice visit with your dad.  What book did you get

I know, the 5 weeks has really flown by! 

Was lovely to see my Dad yesterday, he bought me a pasta maker for my birthday!! 

The book is Maddaddm by Margaret Atwood :)

Becca, had you ever mentioned what happened with your work? I feel like I'm missing something somehow. But I definitely know how it feels to be afraid to face something, especially work (and school...). I'm so glad you're working towards overcoming it!

Erm I'm really not sure if I did! Basically the very short version is I had to do what they call 'whistle-blowing' i.e. raise concerns about bad care - and they are supposed to make sure you remain anonymous, but they didn't, and I ended up being bullied, which in turn resulted in acute anxiety and depression... been off work for a few weeks now. 

Katy the kitchen is sounding lovely! My OH fits kitchens (and floors and everything else in between, he's a carpenter) and yet never seems to do the things I want done in our house!! Maybe I should try 'employing' him instead of just nagging haha!

Wow that sounds very hot Kuddles!!! Stay cool! The weather here is now nothing like the heat wave we were having a few weeks back - I even had to have a fire in the log burner at the weekend! And yesterday for a couple of hours I had the central heating on! So different to what you're experiencing!! 

Hope all you squares have a lovely day! 

Good morning everyone.

I didn't sleep well either.

I think I have a mouse in my living room. It stays away but Tank just sleeps through it. So off to Walmart this morning and bought traps. I will have that mouse tonight if I have anything to say. Every time I tell my husband I have a mouse he says I'm crazy until I get. I don't care if it 3 in the morning if I catch I wake the whole house to come and look. One day they won't tell me I'm crazy or ill just keep waking them up. LOL. So I didn't sleep either grann and I don't think I got 3 hours of sleep. Heard husband get up as usual at 4:30am. Then Tank my lovely dog he is for my glass of ice water and spill Ed it all over the floor. I will ki-- husband for getting such a huge glass. Before going to bed last night Tank did the same thing but it only had ice.

He loves ice! So he constantly takes my glass. Darn him anyways. Or he will lick in it to see if he can get the ice out.its driving me crazy.....

Oh my goodness, becca! I hope, I hope, I *hope* that they at least corrected the situation you had to call attention to! To have to go through that and not even have the bad situation fixed, I don't think I'd ever go back. I'm so sorry you had to go through that!

I agree poor thing. That's terrible and I would turned around and went higher . They should of never done that to you. But remember you went in that field because you cared enough. Don't let ANYONE ruin that for you. There is people out there that you can help and need you.

Glad to had a wonderful visit with dad.

Oh my goodness, becca! I hope, I hope, I *hope* that they at least corrected the situation you had to call attention to! To have to go through that and not even have the bad situation fixed, I don't think I'd ever go back. I'm so sorry you had to go through that!

Thank you, it has been a very difficult time. I originally went to the ward manager, and when she did nothing I went to the head of nursing. Finally they took notice, and my 4 page list of concerns was so serious that they have been forced to conduct a full investigation. I have a meeting with the lead investigator on the 19th of this month, because I NEED to know they looked at every aspect and that things will change. I am nervous about the meeting as I'm still suffering with anxiety, but I have to know. My Dad and my OH don't want me to go to the meeting because they're worried it will set me back, but I need the closure. I can't bare to think i will have gone through all of this for nothing you know?

I might return to nursing, but never at that hospital. And my union have put me in touch with a solicitor, but obviously I can't say more than that as the claim in on-going. 

Good morning everyone.

I think I have a mouse in my living room. It stays away but Tank just sleeps through it. So off to Walmart this morning and bought traps. I will have that mouse tonight if I have anything to say. Every time I tell my husband I have a mouse he says I'm crazy until I get. I don't care if it 3 in the morning if I catch I wake the whole house to come and look. One day they won't tell me I'm crazy or ill just keep waking them up. LOL. So I didn't sleep either grann and I don't think I got 3 hours of sleep. Heard husband get up as usual at 4:30am. Then Tank my lovely dog he is for my glass of ice water and spill Ed it all over the floor. I will ki-- husband for getting such a huge glass. Before going to bed last night Tank did the same thing but it only had ice.

He loves ice! So he constantly takes my glass. Darn him anyways. Or he will lick in it to see if he can get the ice out.its driving me crazy.....

I agree poor thing. That's terrible and I would turned around and went higher . They should of never done that to you. But remember you went in that field because you cared enough. Don't let ANYONE ruin that for you. There is people out there that you can help and need you.

Glad to had a wonderful visit with dad.

Thanks owlvamp hun. My friends have been saying much the same thing, I worked so hard for my nursing degree and even graduated with first class honours, I don't want to let them ruin that for me. And nursing is my love in life, I don't want to lose that. It's a case of balancing caring for other people with protecting my own health, if that makes sense. I hope that I will find a way forward. There have been some very dark days, but I can see the light at the end of it all now, and am hopeful for the future once again. 

Bless you with your mouse! Shame you're so far away, I could loan out one of my cats haha! 

Good morning everyone.

Thank you, it has been a very difficult time. I originally went to the ward manager, and when she did nothing I went to the head of nursing. Finally they took notice, and my 4 page list of concerns was so serious that they have been forced to conduct a full investigation. I have a meeting with the lead investigator on the 19th of this month, because I NEED to know they looked at every aspect and that things will change. I am nervous about the meeting as I'm still suffering with anxiety, but I have to know. My Dad and my OH don't want me to go to the meeting because they're worried it will set me back, but I need the closure. I can't bare to think i will have gone through all of this for nothing you know?

I might return to nursing, but never at that hospital. And my union have put me in touch with a solicitor, but obviously I can't say more than that as the claim in on-going. 

Thanks owlvamp hun. My friends have been saying much the same thing, I worked so hard for my nursing degree and even graduated with first class honours, I don't want to let them ruin that for me. And nursing is my love in life, I don't want to lose that. It's a case of balancing caring for other people with protecting my own health, if that makes sense. I hope that I will find a way forward. There have been some very dark days, but I can see the light at the end of it all now, and am hopeful for the future once again. 

Good morning everyone.

Our dog keeps trying to drink out of our milk glasses. It's very irritating. >_< She'll put her front paws up onto the table so she can lean forward and start slurping out of the cups. Of course, she tries to eat anything she can off the table, but somehow it's doubly annoying to me when she drinks out of our cups! Our cat used to drink out of our water glasses beside the bed, but we switched to using water bottles or else glasses that he couldn't fit his head into, and now he doesn't try anymore even when we use regular mugs. Or at least he's sensible enough to wait until we're asleep and won't notice? :lol

I agree, you definitely need to go to that meeting! I would probably be crazy nervous about it, too, but you're right, you need to know. I'm sure the investigator really wants to talk to you, too. If it was me, I would want especially want to keep in touch with the person who originally sparked the investigation, because I'd know they at least are going to want things to come to a good resolution! I think any set-back you might get from it will be temporary, and that knowing how things are going will help overcome that. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Yay someone who understands why I need to go to the meeting! I have a lot of questions for her, not just about what they've done but also why, considering how serious some of my concerns were, they have allowed the ward to continue on as it was for FOUR months whilst they investigated!! Surely it should have been placed under some kind of emergency measures while they investigated? I mean these are vulnerable people we're talking about, many of them elderly with dementia. Hmmm, I shan't rant, I'll only get worked up! 

my suggestion is a tumbler with a lid

we had a cat that every time he saw a straw in a glass,he felt it was his mission to pull the straw out and throw it on the floor

never bothered the water or glass,just didn't like the straws

I did go to water bottles but they love to take the caps off them whether there full or empty. It's a challenge to them to get the caps off. Their quite funny. But I find it I drink more water if I have it on ice. I stopped drinking pop sense surgery so nothing I drink now even remotely replaces my Dr.Pepper I so love. But I know it healthier if I drink water so I'm trying. But Tank is always up in my business. LOL

Becca I agree you should go. Let them you are strong about this. You started so you need to finish it. My daughter started off trying to become a nurse. In the old folks home they always don't get the care they need. I don't know why the loved ones do t complain but I also know they aren't there to see everything. You did the right thing. I have never understand why go through schooling and only to become bitter towards patients. Get a different degree then.like for me I am not a people to people person I would never do anything I had to see them and work with them on a daily basis. I can't stand the rude people who think its okay to talk down to you or treat you like crap or customers are always right. Nope not in my book. So you go girl. You will fine and just breathe all will be well.

I know, the 5 weeks has really flown by! 

Was lovely to see my Dad yesterday, he bought me a pasta maker for my birthday!! 

The book is Maddaddm by Margaret Atwood :)

Erm I'm really not sure if I did! Basically the very short version is I had to do what they call 'whistle-blowing' i.e. raise concerns about bad care - and they are supposed to make sure you remain anonymous, but they didn't, and I ended up being bullied, which in turn resulted in acute anxiety and depression... been off work for a few weeks now. 

Katy the kitchen is sounding lovely! My OH fits kitchens (and floors and everything else in between, he's a carpenter) and yet never seems to do the things I want done in our house!! Maybe I should try 'employing' him instead of just nagging haha!

Wow that sounds very hot Kuddles!!! Stay cool! The weather here is now nothing like the heat wave we were having a few weeks back - I even had to have a fire in the log burner at the weekend! And yesterday for a couple of hours I had the central heating on! So different to what you're experiencing!! 

Hope all you squares have a lovely day! 

That stinks! Sometimes doing the right thing puts you in a bad place, and it shouldn't! Hugs!

kuddles

Well Lucky likes coffee! If I leave my mug of coffee in the morning on the table beside the couch for even one second, he laps some up! I am not kidding! He did it to my ginger ale one nite! And coasters....they are crocheted of course so those are no longer on the table either!

He is only 5 months old.....so frisky, isn't his fault.

I hope I live thru his puppy years!

kuddles

The animal stories are too funny. My cats don't bother with drinks but I have one that will steal potato chips off your plate if your not watching.

I'm still tired today, didn't sleep very well last night, hopefully tonight will be better.

Have a good night.

we had three cats over the years,two had what I think is strange tastes

one loved olive juice.not the olives but the juice,she would pester the heck out of you till you gave her some,she'd lap it up and then everything was fine

the male cat,you could not eat any type of yougurt in peace,it was kinda like,some for me some for him,we called him our fruity kitty

Archived