Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Well thanks to your well wishes and thoughts, I 'd like to announce:

I have the heart of a 44 year old (and I'm 57)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although my cholesterol is just over 200, my good cholesterol is so high, it makes my heart sing! The 4 main arteries show zero, yes ZERO gunk! I have less than a 2% risk of a heart attack in the next 10 years! I was told all the exercise I do is key.....plus the weight loss of course! Another scan is recommended in 5 years.....

I am SO happy!!! I told Kiddles she'd have to put up with me for a lot more years! LOL

Thanks Squares!

kuddles

That's fantastic news!  You are such an inspiration.  I have to get my butt moving too.  There's high bp and cholesterol and diabetes prevalent in my family.  I'm already on meds for them.  I need to get into high gear if I want to live longer than my mom did (she died at 50).

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hug I feel your pain,my mom died at 44,today if she lived would have been 99

That's fantastic news!  You are such an inspiration.  I have to get my butt moving too.  There's high bp and cholesterol and diabetes prevalent in my family.  I'm already on meds for them.  I need to get into high gear if I want to live longer than my mom did (she died at 50).

Well thanks to your well wishes and thoughts, I 'd like to announce:

I have the heart of a 44 year old (and I'm 57)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although my cholesterol is just over 200, my good cholesterol is so high, it makes my heart sing! The 4 main arteries show zero, yes ZERO gunk! I have less than a 2% risk of a heart attack in the next 10 years! I was told all the exercise I do is key.....plus the weight loss of course! Another scan is recommended in 5 years.....

I am SO happy!!! I told Kiddles she'd have to put up with me for a lot more years! LOL

Thanks Squares!

kuddles

hooray for all the walking,great news

Hi all, I check in here anytime I turn the computer on and it lets me come here.  Just don't post much.  I can't tell you the number of times I try and it just doesn't go through.  It's been much more difficult for me to get on here since their upgrade..... just chalk it up to an ancient pc and dialup. 

Kuddles that is super news about your heart and cholesterol. 

I did take a photo of Honex's package but didn't get it uploaded to the computer until now so here it is. Everything that looks blue is really amethyst. 

post-11309-0-42428900-1379117507_thumb.jpg

Hi all, I check in here anytime I turn the computer on and it lets me come here. Just don't post much. I can't tell you the number of times I try and it just doesn't go through. It's been much more difficult for me to get on here since their upgrade..... just chalk it up to an ancient pc and dialup.

Kuddles that is super news about your heart and cholesterol.

I did take a photo of Honex's package but didn't get it uploaded to the computer until now so here it is. Everything that looks blue is really amethyst.

Great package!

Hi Queenie!! Good to hear from you, as I think you have some squares on the way from a couple people here...keep safe in all that water!! Ive never been in a flood, but imagine it's pretty terrible to go through! 

I am not actually in the floods, but the rain is now going on the 5th day.  Saw some sun today for a moment, but it's raining again.  I live close to a creek.  It is up but not overflowing....yet.  Some of the cities around here have become islands.  No way in....no way out.   A class of  5th graders are up on a mountain for their outdoor lab.  They will be rescued tomorrow by helicopter.

Hi ann, glad you are back with us daily, miss ya, hope you continue to feel a bit better.. Owlvamp,you too, keep on taking care of yourselves....

Kuddles, congratz!! good job on the tests!

what else was I going to answer, lol Oh, maria,never got the list in my email, would you mind sending it again, i don't think it was in my spam folder, forgot actually to check, But I don't see why it would be ...

umm, colorado, yes, saw on the world news this evening how bad it is in boulder, are you near there honex???

Linda,nice job for your royal highness's squares!!

Bgs, lovely squares, and towel, wow, you did a wonderful job of sending a puffy!!

Good Morning Everyone! How's everyone doing?  It's so hard to try to catch up around here, lol.  Did I miss anything important?  I haven't been doing much, a little crocheting here and there, but nothing big.  I made one square for our queen last night and have another one started.  I hope to get a couple more finished this weekend, then get them in the mail.  Honex is your addy the same? 

Yes!

Wow!  Good thing it's not snow, lol.  So glad to know you are safe.  Prayers going up for you and all in your area...

Thanks for the prayers.  One thing about rain, at least you don't have to shovel it.

umm, colorado, yes, saw on the world news this evening how bad it is in boulder, are you near there honex???

I am about 30 minutes from there.  Close, but not that close

ha, how true honex, take care with all that water around..... Do you have a boat tied up in the back yard! lol

No, but I think a guy named Noah is building one around here someplace

Hi ann, glad you are back with us daily, miss ya, hope you continue to feel a bit better.. Owlvamp,you too, keep on taking care of yourselves....

Kuddles, congratz!! good job on the tests!

what else was I going to answer, lol Oh, maria,never got the list in my email, would you mind sending it again, i don't think it was in my spam folder, forgot actually to check, But I don't see why it would be ...

Bgs, lovely squares, and towel, wow, you did a wonderful job of sending a puffy!!

I sent it again.  I hope it finally makes it :)

Good morning everyone.

Woke up every hour on the hour. That is crazy then up with husband and off to work he went. So now going to try to go back to bed.

Well good morning my Chattie Squares!

Thanks for the additional kudos on my test results! Woot!

Today will be errand to Target as usual but also 3 full walks! Going to be lower 70s and sun......gorgeous walking weather! Wootie!

I hope to work a titch on my mom's purse for her Christmas gift. She comes to visit in one month and I'd like to have it done for her then to take back with her to use since it is a 'wintery' looking purse. Of course, I'll post a pic when done!

Well, need to get moving if we are going to get all those walks in today!

Hugs to my Squares!

kuddles

Good morning, ladies! I haven't been on my computer nearly all week, so I apologize for my absence! Weather here today is FANTASTIC! I went for a spin on my bicycle this morning, and I need to head out to grab the baby shower gifts/favors for my cousin's shower that is next week! Of course, planning to crochet today, but it's so hard to stay inside when it's soooooo nice outside!

I've been out of sorts today.

Couldn't come to the board this morning. Just and a few catastrophes and ended up in many tears. It's better but not well..

Have the boys so trying to do the best I can with them.its amazing how she just doesn't care what they do and when they come here its like retraining them all over. its really hard but dealing with it.

Enjoy your walks. I need to start walking more myself.

Just a quick hello!  Not much happening, hooking, sleeping, a little tv, exciting life, huh! lol!

Kuddles, WTG on your cholesterol/heart test!!! Woot!!!

bgs, nice pic!  Everything is beautiful!  Glad your pc let you post, too bad it isn't more often. This upgrade has messed up a lot of stuff it seems.

Hiya Katy!  It feels good to be able to post daily, even if it's just a few sentences.  Hopefully we'll get this straightened out so I can get stronger and get back in the groove, lol.

owlvamp, I only have words and they can't help so let me send you a big :hug,  I hope it helps to know that I care. Hang in there...

All righty then, time to move on.  Hope you all have a good rest of the day/evening.  Be good to yourself and remember to smile!

still haven't heard if Smith received my squares or not

no respnse from Rusty's mom on address for squares

I'm at 44 squares for Yarnoverforlove,so sent pm for address just a bit ago

Owlvamp,I sure wish you didn't have the upsets you have,while you are trying to heal and get well,HUGS

Archived