2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posting early. Looks like a day from H E double hockey sticks. So much to do.

WTD=+1 YTD=+43

:manyheart

Finished off the pounder (+2) :cheer. A friend gave me 3 balls of :yarn. 2 Brown and 1 green. She wants a girl teddy bear for a baby shower in 2 weeks (-3). I used all but a yard or so of the green for the dress (+1) :clap. Now if I can only find my teddy bear pattern :think.

WTD: + 5 YTD: + 33

Ellie 13

I can tell thje stash busting is working,:cheer I have to keep getting yarn to finish projects.:devil I started this week off well, but had to go shopping,finished the lapghan but ended the week

WTD -1 YTD +114

I used up a total of 12 balls of yarn working on 12 inch squares for a baby-ghan and 8 inch squares for charity drive = +12

And bought 4 skeins of clearance yarn : 2 sk RHSS "Bon Bon" and 2 sk Bernat Baby Sport "Candy Baby": - 8

Total WTD: +4

Next week I could be in trouble--I ordered a bunch of yarn from JoAnn's and from Knit Picks. :c9

Updating my score.

I did manage to get a little crocheting done, despite all the craziness here. DD is coming home from school and I'm working on getting her room clean. (I have been using it as a craft room) so I now have to clean it up for the summer. Yikes!

WTD=+3 YTD=+45

Sorry I've been MIA for so long; I've been on the west side of the country for the last couple of weeks, spoiling my 6 mo old grandson. (No excuses for the weeks before that.) I don't remember what came in and went out before my trip, so I'll pick up where my memory starts.

Just before my trip, I bought one skein of sock yarn to knit my son-in-law some socks. Then I bought three skeins on my trip; one for Mom's socks, one for my own "souvenir" socks, and a skein of yarn that says it's 100% sugar cane. It's soooo soft! Meanwhile, the only skein I know I finished off was a skein of soft cotton for a sun hat for my grandson and a dishcloth for my daughter.

So, as best I can figure, I'm at

WTD -7

YTD +52

Sadly, I didn't use up a skein this week. I'm still slogging away on my sock class "homework," which means I'm still working on the same skein. No additions, though! :c9

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD -16

I'm still plugging away at the granny squares I'm making - so I'm still using up a bunch of small balls of yarn... I used up 10 this week!! :yay

Week Ending Cinco de Mayo:

WTD +10 / YTD +54

I have had a "super" productive week! :blush I bought 8 skeins of yarn from Herrschners, received 4 skeins of yarn in a swap, and bought 7 balls of cotton yarn from Hobby Lobby! :hook So, here it is:

WTD -38/YTD -27

Gold Medal Winner (Tie): crabby rat & Braxxi +10

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +8

Bronze Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +6

Using up stash:

Ellis 13 +5

cris +4

Shannart +4

CLLinda +3

yarngeek +2

prettywoman030981 +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

Holding Steady:

tnkycrochetnut 0

cshort 0

PBLKNP 0

Cathoms 0

New stash to play with:

dragonpuck -1

Izabelka -2

FrLopLady -2

MouseCLP -7

Shoot the Moon Winner: HollyzHobbyz -38

:manyheartGreat job on the Stashbusting scores, Mona. It looks great!

ok ladies. I haven't been posting because I haven't been finishing anything. On the plus side, I have resisted buying more yarn, so that's a good thing. I picked up my ladybug afghan to finish, so may score this week. Question - if you simply eliminate yarn (i.e. garage sale), does that count as a reduction? I'm only keeping scraps that would work for toy projects that I have planned - taking a break from scrap afghans.

ok ladies. I haven't been posting because I haven't been finishing anything. On the plus side, I have resisted buying more yarn, so that's a good thing. I picked up my ladybug afghan to finish, so may score this week. Question - if you simply eliminate yarn (i.e. garage sale), does that count as a reduction? I'm only keeping scraps that would work for toy projects that I have planned - taking a break from scrap afghans.

That would be fine. They count any way that they leave your stash.

Woo Hoo! That means I'm the scorekeeper next weekend, right? :blush

Yes. That's what it means! Any questions, please PM me and I will help you.

I used up two balls of yarn, but then bought a skein today at Hobby Lobby. I could have done a lot worse than one skein. They had a lot of yarn on clearance. But I was a good girl.

Archived