2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

working on the last skein for this afghan. I'm pleased how it's turning out!

I don't know if I'll get any more hooking done unless they put MIL in the hosp :( She is not doing very well and hurts a lot. She is almost 89 and hasn't much been sick a day in her life, so this is hard for her and everyone. Dad went "home" the end of October and now she is failing. Hoping they may put her in the hospital to get her stabilized and issues sorted out so she can be ok again.

WTD +4

post-35596-135897752322_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone.

I have been away for a couple months...seriously injured my wrist and just now able to get back to yarn play. I also ended up having emergency surgery on my kidney :eek. How crazy and challenging life can be sometimes!

I haven't bought or inherited any yarn either, so I'm sitting right where I was in January regarding my stash. But I want to get busy completing projects and busting my yarn stash to oblivion.

I'm looking up to catching up on everyone's progress as I read through the posts on this thread.

Oh, Sweetie, when life happens for you, it's a BIG happening! Glad to hear you're healing and getting ready to play. I can hear those little skeins and balls just jumping around in excitement! Don't overdo, but enjoy!

wtd: -18

post-28075-135897752341_thumb.jpg

Shopping and lunch with Jana was a blast. I did fill up the cart though, but most of it came home with me. 13 skeins. Not a record, but just couldn't live without them! I'm sure I beat Jana. :lol

:turtle:vheart

working on the last skein for this afghan. I'm pleased how it's turning out!

I don't know if I'll get any more hooking done unless they put MIL in the hosp :( She is not doing very well and hurts a lot. She is almost 89 and hasn't much been sick a day in her life, so this is hard for her and everyone. Dad went "home" the end of October and now she is failing. Hoping they may put her in the hospital to get her stabilized and issues sorted out so she can be ok again.

So sorry to hear about your mom. Praying that she will be feeling better soon. P.S. your afghan is gorgeous!!!

Shopping and lunch with Jana was a blast. I did fill up the cart though, but most of it came home with me. 13 skeins. Not a record, but just couldn't live without them! I'm sure I beat Jana. :lol

:turtle:vheart

As always, fun with Sue!!! Even if she did bring home more yarn than me. :lol Only 7 we in the bag when I got home. But I have to say, there are two skeins in her pile that will end up back at my doorstep, but not in the form of skeins. I conned her into making something for me.

There is one thing that is really wierd, tho. Every time we hit the restaurants for lunch, they always put us in a back corner, out of the way. I just don't get it!!! :devil

WTD -10

I haven't done much crocheting this week. I was too busy finishing Easter outfits for my grandkids. My score for April 7th is wtd 0, ytd +9

I've been knitting socks, which doesn't use up yarn very fast (and doesn't finish off skeins, either). Same scores as last week.

WTD 0

YTD +59

I'm at +18 for the week - using up my alpaca on the shawl I'm making. I'm walking out the door now to go to of r Easter service. I'll be posting scores late this afternoon!

HAPPY EASTER!!

wtd -62

ytd +3

Someone added to their score this week!

:manyheart

Scores for week ending 04/07/12:

Gold Medal Winner: sahm2g1b +18

Silver Medal Winners: Izabelka +6 & yarngeek +6

Bronze Medal Winner: CLLinda +5

:cheer:cheer:clap:clap

Using Up Yarn:

FrLopLady +4

Ellie 13 +2

Needlearts +2

prettywoman030981 +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

pineknott +1

Holding Steady::hook

cshort +0

fc1123 +0

MouseCLP +0

PBLKNP +0

Ravenaier+0

Shannart +0

tnkycrochetnut +0

Playing With New Yarn: :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

dragonpuck -10

walker1021 -10

cris -11

greyhoundgrandma -12

turtlelvr -18

Shoot-The-Moon Winner: Braxxi - 62!!!! Tag! You're it! :devil

I finally got the scores done for this week! This is my first time posting them, so if I've missed anyone, just let me know. I'll be happy to add you in!!

HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE!

LOL! I'd like to say I'm surprised:eek...NOT! Everyone get hookin for next week!

Happy Easter Monday (

Dyngus Day) to All!

I did not add or subtract to my numbers last week. Easter prep took up most of my time. I do have Monday and Tuesday off so I may get to use up some yarn before the end of the week.

Hope everyone had a great Easter, Passover or just a lovely weekend.

WTD= 0 YTD = +44

Cheryl

Archived