2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As the picture :hook

Now I see. They are really pretty. A few years ago, I actually bought something similar to dress up wine bottles for Christmas gifts. lol I should have known what they were. DUH!!

I finished another adult cap yesteday using RHSS cornmeal. But did not use enough yarn to count. But still I am using yarn and not buying. Good for me. :jumpyay

I finished another adult cap yesteday using RHSS cornmeal. But did not use enough yarn to count. But still I am using yarn and not buying. Good for me. :jumpyay

You still have time to drive to FL for a shopping trip with me and Sue :devil

Hi everyone.

I have been away for a couple months...seriously injured my wrist and just now able to get back to yarn play. I also ended up having emergency surgery on my kidney :eek. How crazy and challenging life can be sometimes!

I haven't bought or inherited any yarn either, so I'm sitting right where I was in January regarding my stash. But I want to get busy completing projects and busting my yarn stash to oblivion.

I'm looking up to catching up on everyone's progress as I read through the posts on this thread.

Used a ball up on a sun hat for me and rolled a skein into a ball making one for dd. so +2 for the week for me.

My sun hat modeled by dd:

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1333498754.jpg

Dd in her sun hat:

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr310/jenniferlynnsmith030981/1333498956.jpg

Love the hats! I want the pattern too.

I'm working on an afghan but haven't used anything up yet. so my score will stay the same.

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 26

Ellie 13

Hi everyone.

I have been away for a couple months...seriously injured my wrist and just now able to get back to yarn play. I also ended up having emergency surgery on my kidney :eek. How crazy and challenging life can be sometimes!

I haven't bought or inherited any yarn either, so I'm sitting right where I was in January regarding my stash. But I want to get busy completing projects and busting my yarn stash to oblivion.

I'm looking up to catching up on everyone's progress as I read through the posts on this thread.

:eek Oh, no! Glad you you're feeling better! :hug

Love the hats! I want the pattern too.

I'm working on an afghan but haven't used anything up yet. so my score will stay the same.

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 26

Ellie 13

No pattern used. Just made them up as I went along. couldn't find a pattern for what I had in mind, so I made it up.

I just started like a regular beanie, then when I was done with the increase rounds, I started my rounds similar to how a granny is done and did that until I got down to the color change, did 3 rows of second color, switched back to original color for the brim. On the brim I started with 2 dc, dc, dc repeated around, then just increased for 3 more rounds (4 increase rounds total) making sure that the 2 dc went into the second dc of the previous round's 2dc, then 2 rows of dc around and finished off with reverse single crochet.

I'm posting my totals now, so I don't forget...

Seeing as this week's clue was to join the Mystery Afghan motifs together, I didn't go through any skeins, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD 0

:c9

I would post my score now, but someone I think I should wait til tomorrow. Shopping with Sue is never good for my weekly score. :rofl

Yeah, we'll have to wait. Should we take bets on which one will be on the moon!

:turtle:vheart

I have a big fat 0 this week, but am so excited to be crocheting again...I want to make sure I'm posting :D.

Crocheting a little here and there, but haven't used up a whole ball or skein and will be too busy with Easter this weekend.

You still have time to drive to FL for a shopping trip with me and Sue :devil

That would be some drive!!!!:devil Everyone on the road better watch out. Or better yet just get off the road. Why you ask?:eek I don't have a driver's license. I do well using my walker. So far I have not tried the electric scooters most stores have available for their customers. But when I do - Watch Out!!!!!!:rofl Thanks for the offer anyway.:manyheart

I haven't used any yarn up this week - spent a few days with my Dad, step-Mom, and Grandma... Grandma can't crochet anymore so I was gifted with all of her crochet magazines and books, as well as a whole bunch of yarn and thread!! I don't have any idea how much yet... I'm also not sure if I'll have a chance to count it up or not as my Aunt is getting married tomorrow... :) If I have a chance to count up what Grandma gave me, I'll post - otherwise, I may wait until next week and just pretend that I didn't get it until Sunday!! :lol I still haven't purchased any yarn this year, though!! :yay

That would be some drive!!!!:devil Everyone on the road better watch out. Or better yet just get off the road. Why you ask?:eek I don't have a driver's license. I do well using my walker. So far I have not tried the electric scooters most stores have available for their customers. But when I do - Watch Out!!!!!!:rofl Thanks for the offer anyway.:manyheart

Next time we will pre plan this better. :D

Score pre-shopping trip is +4. I'll get back with you all later for the updated score. :lol

Next time we will pre plan this better. :D

Score pre-shopping trip is +4. I'll get back with you all later for the updated score. :lol

We were to excited to meet up that we did it short notice. :lol

My pre-shopping score is +8. Don't think that will hold though...

:turtle:vheart

Archived