2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

CLLinda has been saved.... yarn_geek has come in with a -13 to steal the SHOOT THE MOON AWARD right out from under CLLinda's nose... :lol:lol:lol

I'm saved!:manyheart

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stashbusting scores YTD

for the Month

Of January, 2012

Joyfulghans +130 Gold Medal!

:cheer

MouseCLP +58 Silver Medal!:cheer

Pineknott +36 and Braxxi +36 Tied for Bronze Medal!:cheer

Using UP Stash!:cheer:yay:cheer

cris +30

HollyzHobbyz +23

Ally +20

Dragonpuck +18

Jennifer seven +17

Greyhoundgrandma +13

PBLKNP +12

Marpan 79 +9

BigPinkPolkaDot +8

Ravenaier +6

Walker 1021 +4

Abigail1280 +4

Krafynkrazy +4

Prettywoman030981 +4

Ellie 13 +3

Cathoms +2

Safron Angel +1

Holding Steady:cheer:clap:cheer

Kiwikitti 0

New yarn to play in::cheer:clap:cheer

CLLinda -2

Stephanie -4

Sahm2g1b -4

cshort -13

TurtleLvr -19

Amibel -22

tnkycrochetnut -34

FrLopLady -48

And the winner of "Shoot the Moon" for the month of January goes to yarn geek with an impressive score of -70!:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

:manyheart

I've done really well this week. :crocheting I made 3 skeins into balls, used up half of a pounder skein, then my daughter took what was left because she ran out of white and needed it to make a hello kitty hat (really think those pounders should be worth double since they are double the size of regular skeins!). So that adds +5 to my score!! :D:cheer:clap I'm back in the + for the year!!!

Week ending 1-28-12

WTD: +8/ YTD: +4

My son said the same thing about the pounders; then played devil's advocate and said, "But Mom, they only count as two against you when you get them, too!" :rofl:devil

Sorry to have missed my submission; yesterday was a busy day, and then last night the internet wasn't working for some weird reason. This morning was busy, too ~ and now I'm finally able to hop on here and report! Great job everybody!! :hug

I haven't used up anything this week, and also haven't gained anything... so I'm sitting at WTD 0 / YTD +12... :D I didn't put it in big colorful letters since I'm late. :blush

Have a great week everyone!!!

added you! because going to bed is highly over-rated!

Thank you! I'm a life-long night creature. :hook It's a great time to crochet without interruption.

silver - woot!

I am pretty excited to see that for YTD I'm so close to a medal placement! very very exciting (although I don't think my stash is big enough to compete with others if they knocked everything out hehehe)

don't worry cris..is no way I could bust my entire stash in a year..maybe 5 or 6...but certainly not one! and that would be with buying NO other yarn..which as you see from my ytd..isn't happening!

lets just say after last year, my stash is a wee bit more comparable... and I have a feeling by the end of this year, it'll be even more comparable LOL I don't plan on knocking it down to 0 any time soon. One good yarn sale and I'm in trouble LOL

Good morning everyone :hi

I had a relaxing and pretty productive weekend so now I have to add up what I did.

Working on my afghan, I made a ball so that's a +1

Working on squares to mail out, I used 2 balls each a different color so that's another +2

Then working on a knit sweater, I finished a skein and a half which gives me +3 (those skeins are smaller and bulky, so I guess that works to my favor when counting points :think:lol )

So for the week as of now I'm at +6 :woo:bounce:clap

Good morning everyone :hi

I had a relaxing and pretty productive weekend so now I have to add up what I did.

Working on my afghan, I made a ball so that's a +1

Working on squares to mail out, I used 2 balls each a different color so that's another +2

Then working on a knit sweater, I finished a skein and a half which gives me +3 (those skeins are smaller and bulky, so I guess that works to my favor when counting points :think:lol )

So for the week as of now I'm at +6 :woo:bounce:clap

Good for you! Keep going!

On the plus side, I used up the last of my sunshine yarn on a baby afghan.

On the negative side, the afghan isn't done, so I had to get more. And I bought yarn for the Bernat CAL, plus another skein for my poncho. Sadly, I probably shoulda bought some Ocean for the shawl I'm working on as well.

lets just say after last year, my stash is a wee bit more comparable... and I have a feeling by the end of this year, it'll be even more comparable LOL I don't plan on knocking it down to 0 any time soon. One good yarn sale and I'm in trouble LOL

oh how we all fit in this group sooo well! :lol:lol

I'm knitting a hat, using a chunky grey yarn and a colorful sock yarn held together. It's turning out really well, and when it's done, it will be worth 4 points.

Used up a skein on a scarf. I'm glad I was making it for myself. I had two skeins of RH Stripes in Passion Stripe. They weren't the same dye lot (bought them on sale) and the colors ended up being darker in the second skein.

Working on a hat now.

:yay:woo:yay Still working on my oversized lapghan but yesterday I finished using one complete skein of yarn(white). That's a +2. Then one of the other skeins (blue) I was using I was able to make into a ball. So that is another +1. That makes my score for the week that will end 2/4/12 +3 so far. :yay:woo:yay

I don't see any crochet time in the schedule for tonight. This really bums me out :angry

I know how you feel. Life comes before fun.:hug

Archived