New Knitter who loves to crochet

Chickita

It's great to find this wonderful site. I have been learning how to knit for the past year and really enjoying it. But when knitting gets tough, I revert to my old love -- crochet!

I have been crocheting since I was a kid (that would be in the 60s when it was quite the rage!) I tend to make simple things or short projects like animals or small doilies. I have made one crocheted sweater and a couple afghans. I even sold things with my mom at bazaars many years ago.

I finished a knit sweater this year and am working on a shawl, after doing several dishclothes.

I just finished a crochet purse with beads. I LOVE beads in my crochet! I was going to make a beaded purse from Lily Chin's Knit and Crochet with Beads but wanted fewer beads. Now I'm going to use the pattern from the book.

I'll post a picture of my new purse later.

Thanks for the great welcome! Here's the picture of my purse. I'm going to use the pattern for the next one, even though it has more beads than I want. This one was just an experiment.

And I made this knit sweater out of Homespun. It's my first big knit project. I have only made one crochet sweater. I need to do more complex projects. :D

ps1.jpg

sw1.jpg

Hi and welcome from CA! Love the photos of your work. The purse with beads looks like something I'd like to try! The sweater is lovely--love the color. :)

Archived