November 2011 Table and Tree

Tampa Doll

This is the month of Thanksgiving. It is the time we sit down with family and/or friends to a table laden with lots of good food and cheer. Many of us will sit and say what we are thankful for.

This is my November table and tree. You see lots of American Indians, pilgrims and angels. I even have a teepee and a canoe.

Growing up, I remember lots of Thanksgiving with lots of family or guest enjoying the feast with us. My Aunt use to come with my 5 male cousins (that was fun):rolleyes or my Aunt and Uncle who lived in Philly with my 2 female cousins.

As we got older, they did not come as often and my Dad would go to the Philadelphia Navy Yarn and pick up at least 3 sailors or marines that were far from home and they would be treated to a homemade dinner. We use to swear he would do this to get my oldest sister a boyfriend. He would sign up for this weeks in advance.

My Mom loved it, because she had someone at the table who did not pick at their food and ate more than one plateful. She was in her glory and smiled all day.

So enjoy my table and may you all have a wonder and Happy Thanksgiving.:tdance:pilgrim:ttalk

post-105-135897711189_thumb.jpg Closer look table - Tree close-up

post-105-135897711178_thumb.jpg

Oh my goodness, a Thanksgiving tree, I LOVE it! Your teepee is too cool, the whole table looks awesome! :clap

How cool of your dad to do that for the sailors. I'm sure they were thrilled to get some home cooking and feel like they were with family.

they look great! and you have some wonderful memories to go with your pictures. I bet your tree and your table make you smile every time you pass them, all year long. :hugand I know you get a thrill when you change them, too. :yes

Thank you all, yeah next to Christmas, this is my favorite holiday.

My Dad bing x military new what it was like to be away from home, so he tried to make some of the guys fell good on the holiday. He also hoped that someone would do it for my brother who was in the Navy.

Love to hear some stories.:hook

Wonderful table and tree!! Really puts you in the mood for Thanksgiving! We used to go 'over the river and through the woods" to my Grandma's house for Thanksgiving every year- I grew up in Northern NJ and Grandma lived in Westchester County, NY so we had to go "over the Hudson River" via the Tappan Zee Bridge and then there was one road we traveled with lots of trees "aka the woods"! We would all sing the song on the way to her house. She always made sweet potatoes with marshmallows and when she was no longer with us, that is one tradition that I always take care of.

This year my youngest DD is going to host her first Thanksgiving since it is my grandson's first --he'll be turning 4 mos old on Thanksgiving!

Thank you, Mary Jo for all the joy you bring to us here on the Ville !

Oh Mary Jo....Just beautiful!

Sometimes I wish I had a bigger house so I could put out all my decorations but when the heating bill arrives I'm glad that I have what I have.

I do love Christmas the best and have many more memories of that holiday.

How amazing! I love the tree and the table and your stories. You really should write a book about your "Memories of Holidays and Childhood".

I have a question: is the orange and yellow under the doll, Part of the doll or a separate doily? If is a doily, is it done in yarn and not thread?

I am not sure where my quick reply is, but:

I said that I loved the table and the tree and your stories and that you should right a book "Memories of Holidays and Childhood."

I also asked about the yellow and orange under the doll on the table. Is it a part of the doll or is it a separate doily? If it is separate, is it done in yarn and not thread? If it is yarn, would you happen to remember where the pattern came from?

Thanks!

Archived