Interweave's Easy Hoodie Crochet-Along [IN PROGRESS]

Hooker

This CAL officially starts today 10/17/05! I'm hoping to get started on it today (wouldn't you know it, I have a super busy day today!). I know a few of you started already, and I would love to see your progress and hear any feedback you have about the pattern!

And if any of you are interested here is a button:

CAL.jpg

I was interested in tackling this project and thought it would be fun to do as a crochet-a-long.

I posted about it on my blog HERE, and here's a link to the picture at Interweave Crochet - PICTURE

There are also some corrections up on their website. If anyone is interested, pop in to my blog and leave a comment to let me know.

The difficulty level is easy and I thought maybe we could start in a week or so.

Amy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arrrgh, did the new Interweave Crochet mag come out already? Great projects?? I've been waiting a while, lol! I pick up the knit one even though I don't knit, lol! Thanks for the heads up...now just to find it!

:fluffy

You can order the mag from the link of the picture that Amy posted. Some really neat projects! I'm definitely going to order the mag, but don't think I'll have time to do the CAL - Unless, of course, we can do it after Christmas...

I'm interested too. Haven't gotten the mag yet, and I really need to start on my Christmas projects, but I want to make myself at least one sweater this season! I'm going to go hunt for some possible subs for the yarn, too, so it doesn't break the bank. :)

I agree that this would be a great CAL and be great fun, BUT it may work better after Christmas. I know that I have many many gifts to make from now to then and may be able to squeeze in a small project, but this looks BIG.....After Xmas then????:clap

I got the magazine last night at my local WalMart. The hoodie looks like a great project. I'll have to find a yarn I want to do it in and may have to make some size adjustments. After Christmas would be a great time, let me know!

Silly question, but I have this magazine and thought the hoodie looked like something I wanted to make, but then I saw that it had a **graph** Oh my gosh, I don't know how to crochet off of one of those! In looking at the pattern, it looks like it does write the band pattern out, is that true?

The other sad thing, is there is no way that it will fit me now or any time soon this winter.... I am a little big out front right now.... Maybe after January it would.

Jessie

:turtle:hook

I hadn't ever seen the magazine before you linked to it. So of course, I had to go out and get a copy of it. Thank you for talking about it. I want to join the CAL. But, I've got to get though my other projects first.... I'v already got yarn sitting around for three projects that havn't been started yet, not counting the 6 or so I'm doing right now....I have to many projects that are on my "want to do" list.... Maybe, I can do this after Xmass like some of the others are talking about.

But, thank you so much for talking about the magazine. If it hadn't been for your post, I never would have picked one up. Thanks.

I went ahead and bought some yarn (Bernat DeniumStyle) we'll see how that works for this.

I'm finishing up a poncho for my daughter, and then I'm considering starting this project.

I'm really hoping that we don't wait until after xmas for this (looks like it would be great to use for the fall - well ok for the spring also)

BUT - I do understand how projects can pile up and tis the season for gifts. - say...maybe I'll make a couple (if they if it goes ok) for gifts. :think

April in OK

I would probably be interested, too. I have never done a CAL and might be a bit slower than everybody else (I am pretty new to crocheting.). But it does say it is easy... :scrachin and by the time you start, maybe I'll be much faster (she said, slightly wistfully)! Anywho, put me down as a possible?

The World's Most Wishy-Washy Crocheter!

I probably won't get to make the Hoodie until after Christmas. Too many projects to finish up before then and my arm has been acting up again as well. ( tendinitis) I can crochet a few rows then it starts getting sore and I have to stop. I have to wear my brace and do my exercises and just wait til it gets better. I guess I have been overdoing things.

Wendyb532

I've decide as mid-October as the start date, but of course, feel free to jump in anytime after that. I wanted to use this for the fall, so I wanted to get moving on it.

I, of course, decided to make mine more complicated, so I picked up three different colors of Cascade 220 wool yarn in a pretty fall palette.

I made a button (it's up on my site) and I'm hoping I will be ready when it comes time to start.

• 2 weeks later...

I am definitely in this one. :) I was gifted the yarn by my mom after I found what I wanted to use on sale at Herrschner's. I'm about halfway through the back panel and am loving the pattern! My mother-in-law is coming into town later this week so I jumped on starting it while I had a bit of free time.

I'm using TLC Cotton Plus in Moss, which is a great "mossy" green color.

I saw that on your site, it's coming along great, and that is a beautiful color. I think I'll be starting next week. Can't wait to see how yours turns out! You can give us all pointers.

Oh, make sure you check out the Interweave Knit site, because there were some corrections to the pattern.

Archived