Interweave's Easy Hoodie Crochet-Along [IN PROGRESS]

Hooker

Alrighty ladies...

I bought more yarn, alas it is a different dye lot. However I think it will be okay. As I am on the last front insert band (the one that attaches the sides and hood panel). I believe it being a wee bit off may add to its character and show off that insert pattern more, like an accent.

I have put all other UFO's on hold until I complete this piece. IT HAD BETTER FIT ME! :o)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ladies! I am not even close to being able to join you, but this hoodie is on my list of things to do! I hope this thread will be here for awhile. I could maybe start it at the end of February or March. Meanwhile, I am going to keep checking out your progress and pictures! Hope to join you soon.

I haven't forgotten about this- I did find my yarn for this out recently but am unsure that I like the colour now :lol I've only completed the back so starting again with a new colour shouldn't be that bad- I just haven't got round to gettting the yarn and starting again yet- think I must have burnout from all the xmas crochet I had to do.

Right- I got my new yarn a couple of days ago and have made a good start- I've nearly caught up to what I'd done with the other yarn, have only got an inch to do on the back- will try get a pic of what I've done so far but since my mum took her camera back I'm finding it hard to get a good pic with mine.

I am determined to get this completed over the next few weeks :hook

OK.. even with the slight difference in the dye lot and my changing the pattern around a bit to make it an open front, rather than an over the head deal... it seems to look similar to the original. lol ;)

I will get a pic up tomorrow after it dries... just completed steam blocking it. Wish me luck. Prior to steam it fit but was a bit smallish in my chest; err maybe my chest is too big! :eek In either case, maybee it will look proper on me after steam, if not I have a smaller chested friend who will give it a good home. Better than having it sit in my closet or in the frog pond.

How is yours coming along?

I'm really glad this CAL is still here.....I added the button to my blog and hope to start this one soon........April I love the way yours turned out!! :manyheart

I have to really check the gauge on this one, I don't want it to be a frog project. :hook

mvlx5d.jpg

Alrighty gang, here it is! I highly recommend steam blocking it, as it gives such a nice drape and finished, professional look to the garment. However it still does not fit me in the chest area. So... it shall be a gift. I am sad, I was truly hoping to finally make something for myself. Oh well. Next project!

I've been thinking of starting this pattern since I got the magazine, and I couldn't get row gauge. I did a search on google to see if anyone else had the same problem, and found myself here! I had NO idea this hoodie wasn't open all the way down until I read these posts! :eek

I'll be watching to see how you guys reworked the pattern for it to be open all the way down. I'd love if you shared how.

So...did anyone else have row gauge problems? I had no trouble with 13 hdc=4", but 14 rows for 4"? No way, mine came to 11 rows, and I was really squishing the hdc's.

Gina

Wow you did a great job with that :clap

I've been working on some projects for charity over the last few days but I have promised myself some time to work on it this week some time. I AM going to get this finished.

I've been thinking of starting this pattern since I got the magazine, and I couldn't get row gauge. I did a search on google to see if anyone else had the same problem, and found myself here! I had NO idea this hoodie wasn't open all the way down until I read these posts! :eek

I'll be watching to see how you guys reworked the pattern for it to be open all the way down. I'd love if you shared how.

So...did anyone else have row gauge problems? I had no trouble with 13 hdc=4", but 14 rows for 4"? No way, mine came to 11 rows, and I was really squishing the hdc's.

Gina

I've not been working to any gauge- I'm wanting mine to be looser and a little bigger [especially since the yarn called for in the pattern has a stretch to it]- so I've been using a bigger hook and working from the measurements given. Hopefully it will turn out ok :xfin

I've been watching this thread ever since it started. I started on my version of the hoodie back in November but had to put it away for the month of December while I finished up a few Christmas gifts. Once January came along, I was able to pick it back up and have been working on it steadily ever since. I'm making the hood pieces right now. One's finished and I'm within three rows of having the second one done.

My problem is that I just don't see how they're supposed to work with the rest of the hoodie. 79 stitches long and 5 inches wide. Isn't that going to make a monster sized hood? I'm assuming that it works since there are a couple of finished sweaters shown here and nobody's said anything about the hood being wrong in the pattern. Ugh. It just seems weird. I'll lock away that monster who's whispering in the back of my head and keep going forward.

I did alter the pattern since I'm working the hoodie in two colors. I'd have made it all one color but I decided to stash bust some Simply Soft that I'd bought for another project that I know I'll never get around to. I was about a skein short of being able to do it all one color. Bummer. The math of figuring out where to put the pink stripes wasn't so bad, though. Well, not really. (I can say that now that I'm done figuring it out!)

The two front panels were supposed to be worked up and down but trying to do the math to make the color changes in it made my head hurt so I worked them side to side instead. I think I only made them a couple of stitches too wide which I'll take care of when I connect them to the back piece.

I need to decide if I'm going to make the sleeves all one color or add a stripe in. I have enough yarn to do it either way so the lazy me might just go with having only one color. (less math that way!)

Done in Simply Soft Raspberry and Plum Wine

s640x480

(The picture may or may not work.)

~da

• 2 weeks later...

Checking back!

Yeah... glad to see a few others done..or (almost)

Ohhh I like the open front!!!!

About the hood, it was weird for me to figure out (my hubbie figured it out for me...and he isn't even yarn savvy), anyway I remember when I was putting it together that I wish the book had shown the assembly, but it wasn't toooo bad.

:hook

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I forgot to update on my progress- I actually finished this about 3 weeks ago but because of my tempremental camera I haven't been able to get a half-decent pic of this. I like the open front but I think when I altered the size I made it a little big- its nice and cosy but it slips of my shoulders quite a bit. I'll probably make another one but I'll choose a nicer yarn this time- I used cheap acrylic and whilst the colour is lovely the sleeves looked bobbly within a week.

Archived