Interweave's Easy Hoodie Crochet-Along [IN PROGRESS]

Hooker

My goodness that looks great! Also looks very soft and warm. I have a sneaking suspicion that mine is not coming out of my WIP pile until after the holidays. That definately gives me some inspiration to complete it!

And I have to say, I like the sleeves rolled up like that. Makes it look even cozier!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok here's how it ended up looking on me...(hehe ..the back pattern is upside down from my "mess up and improvision", but really can't tell unless your looking for the mistake.)

If I had to do it over again - I'd make it an open jacket...:wbrr

Edit: whoops - sorry I used Bernat Denimstyle yarn (at first I didn't like the yarn, but now that it's all together and washed I like the feel).

http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=denimstyle

http://img274.imageshack.us/img274/7249/frontcomplete1ln.jpg

http://img274.imageshack.us/img274/2225/backcomplete0oi.jpg

April! this looks Great! Great job!:cheer

Thanks all

As for the yarn yardage, I have no clue, I would guess I used around 8-9 skeins of the Bernat Denimstyle (my estimate is about $30 cost).

Thank's Tiffany for fixing my post (sorry about the size of the pics)... it was tooo late for me to fiddle with them anymore....

Well off to make another xmas present or two. I think after the holiday's I'll attempt this again and try to do it open.

April, that looks beautiful! You've inspired me to get out and buy that magazine :) Denimstyle is one of my favorite yarns -- it makes super cozy hats, too.

Goldi, I think your idea is a good one! Get out there and stock up while the yarn is on sale!

That looks great April- well done :clap I'm another one that's had to put the project on the backburner for now- I have three birthdays coming up in the next few weeks, as well as lots of gifts to finish for the holidays. Its still great to see a finished one of these though- makes the work on it seem worthwhile now I've seen a good shot of the front. I think I'm going to make mine open at the front- will have to rejig the front pattern a little.

its very nice I want to make one where can I buy the magazine . I priced it on line and with shipping and all it was 13.00 for the magazine . I would like to know where I could pick one up .

Its still great to see a finished one of these though- makes the work on it seem worthwhile now I've seen a good shot of the front. I think I'm going to make mine open at the front- will have to rejig the front pattern a little.

I am in the process now of configuring the pattern for an open front hoodie. It will more than likely be trial an error followed by lots of frogging, but hey.. why not! :hook

I am in the process now of configuring the pattern for an open front hoodie. It will more than likely be trial an error followed by lots of frogging, but hey.. why not! :hook

I think it will be worth a little frogging to get it how we want it- I finished the back of mine last week and started on the first side panel- I just don't have a great deal of time to spare on working on it at the moment (although I think I might treat myself to a couple of hours on it once I get the kids in bed tonight).

I've been having a little think about how to split the front- it shouldn't be too difficult since we actually only need to split the bottom panel- but I can see that it might take a couple of attempts to get the number of stitches right so the insert band works.

I think it will be worth a little frogging to get it how we want it- I finished the back of mine last week and started on the first side panel- I just don't have a great deal of time to spare on working on it at the moment (although I think I might treat myself to a couple of hours on it once I get the kids in bed tonight).

I've been having a little think about how to split the front- it shouldn't be too difficult since we actually only need to split the bottom panel- but I can see that it might take a couple of attempts to get the number of stitches right so the insert band works.

Oh wow Mel! I had not even thought about just splitting the bottom front panel!:think I am actually making the side and front insert bands longer to go all the way down to the bottom hem. So rather than having the horizontal band at the waistline, it will ideally be more slimming with the vertical panels going top to bottom. We will both have to post pics of our altered hoodies!

I understand completely about stealling a few moments to crochet for yourself after the kiddos are in bed. I do tha same thing!:yay

I want to make that where can you buy the magazine besides on line. Hubby won't let me buy anything on line he is afraid of theft Identity

sorry didn't mean to post it twice . I didn't see the first post. thanks for the heads up on the magazine

Hoodies are so EASY. (And so "kewl", as I am told by my teen daughter)

Not familiar with the pattern you are using, but....

Easiest way to do one is the top-down design.....

Start at top of hood and work down. All one piece and only ONE seam to sew. I'll have to look for the site that gave the best instruction that I learned from. Will post it tomorrow if I can find it. It's a very generic design, but VERY effective.

The Bernat "denim" is awesome for this project but thier pattern for the hoodie sucks. I actually paid for it - and never used it.

Start with a chain of about 70 (top of hood) and do alternating rows of your favorite pattern stitch until hood is the right length. Sew top of hood together (THE only seam in the whole project) When you get to the bottom of the hood (the neck) crochet "in the round" - either all right-side rows or reverse them - whatever - and then work increases (x4 "corners") until it fits torso and underarms. Crochet all but the arms from there down to fit your own body. Then you work the arms off the skipped stitches from the body and you are done.

I wish I knew where the digi- cam was ( my 17 year old daughter has it) .... you would LOVE the hoodie I did ---- in only about 3 days...

Pictures, we want pictures..........and the link would be appreciated too!! :hook

Hoodies are so EASY. (And so "kewl", as I am told by my teen daughter)

Not familiar with the pattern you are using, but....

Easiest way to do one is the top-down design.....

Start at top of hood and work down. All one piece and only ONE seam to sew. I'll have to look for the site that gave the best instruction that I learned from. Will post it tomorrow if I can find it. It's a very generic design, but VERY effective.

The Bernat "denim" is awesome for this project but thier pattern for the hoodie sucks. I actually paid for it - and never used it.

Start with a chain of about 70 (top of hood) and do alternating rows of your favorite pattern stitch until hood is the right length. Sew top of hood together (THE only seam in the whole project) When you get to the bottom of the hood (the neck) crochet "in the round" - either all right-side rows or reverse them - whatever - and then work increases (x4 "corners") until it fits torso and underarms. Crochet all but the arms from there down to fit your own body. Then you work the arms off the skipped stitches from the body and you are done.

I wish I knew where the digi- cam was ( my 17 year old daughter has it) .... you would LOVE the hoodie I did ---- in only about 3 days...

Just dropping a line to keep our thread near the top, and not swallowed by the villle! I am still working on the variation...I am starting to thing splitting the front section would be a bit easier than my "let's make it vertical all the way down" idea.. LOL:eek

Happily I have got most of my holiday corchet completed, only 2 more hats to do. I made those DARLING...EXTREME EARFLAP HATS from the same magaizine, (interweave crochet) page 92. They are felted, I have never done that.. but I am so proud of how the 3 I have completed have turned out! :clap Once the next 2 are done I will devote all crochet time to the hoodie! :hook I vow on my hooks! :manyheart

Thanks Garnet! I fear that I will not be going anywhere near mine until after Christmas or New Years. I'm just hoping I can get my mind back into it after being away from it for a while (not to mention keeping the gauge the same!)

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Garnet! I fear that I will not be going anywhere near mine until after Christmas or New Years. I'm just hoping I can get my mind back into it after being away from it for a while (not to mention keeping the gauge the same!)

Me too- I've not even been able to look at it for a few weeks- I've just had that many other stuff to do. I am almost completely done with gifts now I just hope I remember about it when I finally do have the time- I can just imagine me finding it months later lol

• 3 weeks later...

Alrighty, back from holiday and all. I even brought my hoodie in progess to Vegas with me. Only to determine that I have not enough yarn! :( This week I will have to locate more. Not only did I run out of yarn, but I am having serious doubts that this is going to fit me. Huge bummer. Oh well, perhaps it will make a dandy giftie for someone else. lol:eek

Archived