2011 Christmas Gift CAL

kraftynkrazy

I finished the hats for our Christmas photo! :yay So that leaves only the scarf for my Mom on my list :) Here is a pic of the hats. I didn't lay them out super nice, I was just trying to get a quick pic. The one laying in the front is smaller for my 2 year old.

They look great!!!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made progress on the last child afghan and some significant progress on Mom's. Found out my Aunt would be very happy with a RR which will be SO much easier and less time consuming.

I need to get back to Thanksgiving, but this was a needed break from dollville.

OH my you all have been working so hard on your lists! Your things are all so lovely!

:sigh

I haven't started a single thing yet (still!)

October has been going by way too fast! Before we know it Christmas will be upon us and at this rate, I will definitely come out looking like a Scrooge if I don't get myself in gear!

Time to finish this ethics paper, some Excel homework and get something, anything, done for this CAL so I will maybe get motivated to finish the entire list!

Made progress on the last child afghan and some significant progress on Mom's. Found out my Aunt would be very happy with a RR which will be SO much easier and less time consuming.

I need to get back to Thanksgiving, but this was a needed break from dollville.

How wonderful that your Aunt would like a round ripple! If that simplifies your list woohoo!

OH my you all have been working so hard on your lists! Your things are all so lovely!

:sigh

I haven't started a single thing yet (still!)

October has been going by way too fast! Before we know it Christmas will be upon us and at this rate, I will definitely come out looking like a Scrooge if I don't get myself in gear!

Time to finish this ethics paper, some Excel homework and get something, anything, done for this CAL so I will maybe get motivated to finish the entire list!

You can do it! Once you start your list you won't be able to quit :)

Oh you are sooooo busy!:clap This CAL is a good motivation to start for Christmas ALTHOUGH I cannot say I haven't done a single item yet :clap My friend decided on Christmas craft show this year and asked me for a few clothespin angels and broom dolls. I made enough of them, just have to add decorations like ribbons, flowers, etc. I don't know if they'll sell well, but I love them anyway and could keep all of them for myself.... :)

I'd love to try some thread photo frames for Christmas tree - they'd be cute gift for grandparents with their grandchildren pics. I hope to make a few.

Today my friend asked me if I could make her a curtain for Christmas.....

And a little baby girl was born in my family and her parents want her Christening in two weeks :eek so I am in hurry to make her a blankie.... Ufffffff

Your hats are so cute!! :clap I want to do a traditional red and white Santa Hat for me. Maybe one for the 9 year old. I don't know if the 14 year old would wear one. I have to stay focused on getting all my stockings done, though. I am on the foot part of stocking #4... Great hats! And welcome to the CAL, kathrynadkins and Apak (?). :manyheart

I finished the hats for our Christmas photo! :yay So that leaves only the scarf for my Mom on my list :) Here is a pic of the hats. I didn't lay them out super nice, I was just trying to get a quick pic. The one laying in the front is smaller for my 2 year old.

The picture is kind of dark, but... I finished stocking #4 today. This is for our 9 year old. Custom made. :hook

Very nice stocking! Your 9 year old will love it (and the crochet stockings and knit stretch to fit in more stuff ;))

Last year I did traditional red/white Santa hats for our photo. It was cute and the kids loved their hats. My 17 year old son loves quirky Christmas hats and wears them every year, lol. So you never know, your 14 year old might just like one too :D

I ran out of yarn (well actually I followed a rabbit trail and accidentally used it to make a stashbuster tote, lol), so I am taking a break from my mom's scarf right now. I am alternating between making ornaments, fingerless mitts and a small gingerbread house. The gingerbread house is just for practice because I joined the gingerbread crochet along.

Golly I'm chatty tonight :lol:manyheart

:eek:faint You are FAST!! In the time it took me to think about if I should join that CAL :think, crochet some more on my stockings :hook, then join the Free Crochet site so I can download the patten :ccompute, you have already finished one. :yay It's so cute! (So is your furry little crochet buddy, there. :cat) :manyheart I love it!!

Here is a pic of my rabbit trail gingerbread house. My crochet buddy (sits on my lap to get in the way while I crochet) insisted on having his pic with it. :lol

Here is a pic of my rabbit trail gingerbread house. My crochet buddy (sits on my lap to get in the way while I crochet) insisted on having his pic with it. :lol

This is adorable. I want to make some items like this for some younger relatives so they can have their own unbreakable Christmas village. It is all a matter of time.:lol

Hi all! I am going to try and join this CAL. I am making plenty of handmade gifts for Christmas (not necessarily crocheted...). I am not sure how often I will post, by I will try my best! Can't wait to start sharing and everybody else's things look great!

:ghug Lilly

Hi all! I am going to try and join this CAL. I am making plenty of handmade gifts for Christmas (not necessarily crocheted...). I am not sure how often I will post, by I will try my best! Can't wait to start sharing and everybody else's things look great!

:ghug Lilly

Welcome Lilly! :)

heres my updates. not going how I planned, but with a new job and school I just am running out of time :(

3- nativity sets- scrapped until next year

1 blanket for sister

1 blanket for niece-almost 24 inches done

1 set of vintage gloves for MIL

1 scarf for SIL- have about 12 inches done

1 scarf for sister

heres my updates. not going how I planned, but with a new job and school I just am running out of time :(

3- nativity sets- scrapped until next year

1 blanket for sister

1 blanket for niece-almost 24 inches done

1 set of vintage gloves for MIL

1 scarf for SIL- have about 12 inches done

1 scarf for sister

Maybe working on the nativity sets slowly over next year will work better. Those are so detailed and take so much time.

Archived