2011 Christmas Gift CAL

kraftynkrazy

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome gradientcat and Lilly. :clap

I finished Stocking #5 tonight. It looks just like the other red stockings with white cuff that I have done. :)

:cheer:cheer:clap:clap:clap

You are almost done with them!

When I read your posts here I feel it's much easier to work on Christmas gifts :hook because I feel motivated by all of you even if I only look at what you make :clap:clap:clap

Oh, and I'm in love with ginger hut made by bigfunfam ... :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Soooo

Here is some stuff I made 'til now:

Yesterday and today I made these picture frames - I thought it will be great gift for my kids' grandparents - I will put kids' photos in it. The ornaments need to be starched.

post-30828-135897707869_thumb.jpg

And I made quite a lot of clothespin angels. The pins need to be dressed :) but I can do it one day. But the dresses and halos are ready ;)

post-30828-135897707876_thumb.jpg

post-30828-135897707873_thumb.jpg

When I read your posts here I feel it's much easier to work on Christmas gifts :hook because I feel motivated by all of you even if I only look at what you make :clap:clap:clap

Oh, and I'm in love with ginger hut made by bigfunfam ... :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Soooo

Yesterday and today I made these picture frames - I thought it will be great gift for my kids' grandparents - I will put kids' photos in it. The ornaments need to be starched.

[ATTACH]47139[/ATTACH]

And I made quite a lot of clothespin angels. The pins need to be dressed :) but I can do it one day. But the dresses and halos are ready ;)

[ATTACH]47140[/ATTACH][ATTACH]47141[/ATTACH]

Those are gorgeous!!! :manyheart

I love your clothespin angels!! I was looking at them (in the "Holidays" section). SO cute!!

Soooo

[ATTACH]47139[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]47140[/ATTACH][ATTACH]47141[/ATTACH]

Those are cute. I am getting a manicure kit for my 14 year old, too for his stocking. :)

Here are some pouches that I made to hold jacks for my girlies (a ball for my 2 year old) and .97 manicure kits for my teen boys. These will all go into their stockings.

Oh, you all have been so busy!!! I've been too busy to visit c'ville recently (missed it, terribly), but have been plugging away on the second sock of my first gift pair (I need at least one more). I've also finished a few doilies that need to be blocked before I can show them off.

The ice-cream-cone purses are too cute--I'm definitely making one of those for my 7yo.

How lovely to see so many familiar "faces" here. :) I, too, have not posted in some time.

Working on a Christmas garland, lap robes, and scarves this year.

Sending you all best thoughts and wishes. :hug

Oh, you all have been so busy!!! I've been too busy to visit c'ville recently (missed it, terribly), but have been plugging away on the second sock of my first gift pair (I need at least one more). I've also finished a few doilies that need to be blocked before I can show them off.

The ice-cream-cone purses are too cute--I'm definitely making one of those for my 7yo.

Wonderful! I am thinking of making a Christmas doily for my mother (my grandmother used to give us all doilies for Christmas and she passed away last year). I would like to continue her tradition, but I am still a bit intimidated by thread crochet. I can't wait to see your blocked doilies :)

How lovely to see so many familiar "faces" here. :) I, too, have not posted in some time.

Working on a Christmas garland, lap robes, and scarves this year.

Sending you all best thoughts and wishes. :hug

The garland has my curiosity peaked. Would you mind sharing where you found the pattern?

Y'all are doing great with so many fun things for holiday gift-giving. I'm sorry to come in and disturb the fun, but I've had to do some heaving post-removing in this thread, to comply with our trademark/copyright guidelines.

I know it's really fun to make crocheted items of popular characters, team logos, and stuff like that to give loved ones for the holiday. However, to protect our site from any issues related to contributory trademark/copyright infringement, we can only allow links to such patterns that are officially licensed or for which the site says they have permission to make use of another party's intellectual property.

Unfortunately, this thread contained links to or information about a number of patterns that don't say anything to indicate the characters are being used with permission.

There's been a big issue with the Angry Birds crochet patterns. In order to protect a copyright, the law says you have to stop all unauthorized uses whenever you become aware of them. At least one designer who was selling Angry Birds patterns without permission has had to stop selling them (and she can't give them away for free either).

Some of these websites that are posting patterns without permission are probably small enough they aren't going to get noticed, because their sites are too small to come up on the first few pages of search engine results. But Crochetville usually comes up very high in search engine results. Linking to such patterns here could cause our site to be noticed by the intellectual property owners. Promoting the link could be seen as contributory trademark/copyright infringement, since the link would direct large numbers of people over to the site, people who might not have found the link otherwise. The property owners might see how large our site is, mistakenly think we have deep pockets (nothing is further from the truth, however!), and think a lawsuit against us would be a big attention-getting thing to help increase awareness about this type of issue.

Not only do we actually want to help protect the intellectual property of others, we also don't want to have a lawsuit brought against to create a big example of case law for the crochet industry.

So please help me out and be careful about any links you want to post for patterns of popular characters. Most are not going to be licensed, because licensing is so expensive. If you're not sure about a link, send it to me via PM, and I'll let you know if it's okay to post. This doesn't apply to most patterns: just to patterns of things like Angry Birds, Veggie Tales, Hello Kitty, John Deere tractor stuff, Harley Davidson, any corporate/sports team logo.

Thanks for understanding that I'm not trying to be a fun-killer; I'm just trying to keep our site safe from legal issues so we can continue to be here for you! :)

You are not a funkiller Amy! It was my mistake, and I am so sorry. I won't do it again, promise. No more link posting for me. I certainly don't want to get anyone in trouble, and certainly not Crochetville. :manyheart

Stocking #6 is done. And that's all my "gift" stockings I have to make. The rest are for us. My husbands', and the 14 year olds. And I have the perfect idea of what to make the 14 year old. :hook Now I'm thinking of ideas for things to stuff their stockings with... :shop I *might* crochet some Santa Slippers, if I have enough time... Only 48 more days! :D

post-20-13589770956_thumb.jpg

Stocking #6 is done. And that's all my "gift" stockings I have to make. The rest are for us. My husbands', and the 14 year olds. And I have the perfect idea of what to make the 14 year old. :hook Now I'm thinking of ideas for things to stuff their stockings with... :shop I *might* crochet some Santa Slippers, if I have enough time... Only 48 more days! :D

:cheer:cheer:clap:clap:cheer:cheer

Those look great! I bet it feels great to have the gift ones taken care of!

Archived