2011 Christmas Gift CAL

kraftynkrazy

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got 3 of 6 mittens done (no pics)

now i have 2 of pairs mittens and they are for a 1 yo & a 2 yo so they won't take long.

next i'm on to make 5 hats and then 9 pair of slippers.

whew.. I'm still working every day at least :)

Seeing your list helped me make up my mind. I will make those slippers, lol.

I finished this up this morning. It wasn't originally on my list. And I don't own a dachshund. Or even know anyone who does. But it was so cute I had to make one. It's mimicat's Dachshund Amigurumi. :hook And I'm also almost done with a couple of KansasHooker's Santa Ornaments..

post-20-135897710568_thumb.jpg

I finally finished up the afghan for my son and his girlfriend the other day (except, of course, for weaving in the ends). It was done in shades of blues and purples, along the lines of the deployment ghan, all in ILTY and bordered in ILTY Ivory. It is seven panels, shown here on my king size bed it is a little small, but should be good to cover the top of their queen size bed.

post-22056-135897710837_thumb.jpg

I am also making a baby round ripple in the matching/leftover yarn for their baby boy who is due to arrive January 11. I will post pictures of it - hopefully - soon.

Here is my updated list. I have had to make some changes to my list and drop some of the gifts I had planned to make, but it is still a work in progress.

DD #1 (21 years old) = undecided

DS #1 and GF (19 years old) = afghan (along the lines of the deployment ghan but not quite so large )

DD #2 (15 years old) = undecided

DS #2 (13 years old) = dragon of some kind

DS #3 (5 years old) = toy train http://www.etsy.com/listing/73547627...gurumi-pattern

DGD (1 year old) = tea set or a doll

DGS (3 months old) = blanket, hats, teddy bear

Bryanna (3 years old) = undecided

Ashton (due in Nov) = bubble blanket

Connor (will be almost 1 year old at Christmas time) = teddy bear

Weldon (due in Dec) = RR or maybe a doilyghan

Karsen (1 year old) = pirate ship http://www.etsy.com/listing/63121158...ip-toys-in-pdf

I finished this up this morning. It wasn't originally on my list. And I don't own a dachshund. Or even know anyone who does. But it was so cute I had to make one. It's mimicat's Dachshund Amigurumi. :hook And I'm also almost done with a couple of KansasHooker's Santa Ornaments..

He is just tooooooo cute! :D

SO cute!

I finished this up this morning. It wasn't originally on my list. And I don't own a dachshund.

Oh I think you own one now :D It's so cute!

Yesterday I was working on clothespin angels and broom dolls - putting dresses on pins and brooms, adding ribbons, beads, flowers etc... Now they look great ;) Some of them will go to the Christmas fair and some will be gifted.

I finally finished up the afghan for my son and his girlfriend the other day (except, of course, for weaving in the ends). It was done in shades of blues and purples, along the lines of the deployment ghan, all in ILTY and bordered in ILTY Ivory. It is seven panels, shown here on my king size bed it is a little small, but should be good to cover the top of their queen size bed.

[ATTACH]47602[/ATTACH]

I am also making a baby round ripple in the matching/leftover yarn for their baby boy who is due to arrive January 11. I will post pictures of it - hopefully - soon.

Here is my updated list. I have had to make some changes to my list and drop some of the gifts I had planned to make, but it is still a work in progress.

DD #1 (21 years old) = undecided

DS #1 and GF (19 years old) = afghan (along the lines of the deployment ghan but not quite so large )

DD #2 (15 years old) = undecided

DS #2 (13 years old) = dragon of some kind

DS #3 (5 years old) = toy train http://www.etsy.com/listing/73547627...gurumi-pattern

DGD (1 year old) = tea set or a doll

DGS (3 months old) = blanket, hats, teddy bear

Bryanna (3 years old) = undecided

Ashton (due in Nov) = bubble blanket

Connor (will be almost 1 year old at Christmas time) = teddy bear

Weldon (due in Dec) = RR or maybe a doilyghan

Karsen (1 year old) = pirate ship http://www.etsy.com/listing/63121158...ip-toys-in-pdf

That is really pretty! And with a matching baby blanket it will be extra special!

Oh I think you own one now :D It's so cute!

Yesterday I was working on clothespin angels and broom dolls - putting dresses on pins and brooms, adding ribbons, beads, flowers etc... Now they look great ;) Some of them will go to the Christmas fair and some will be gifted.

I bet they are beautiful!

I should be done with Thanksgiving and my Christmas swap this week so I'll be back to making Christmas presents.

I bought the 18" doll for the holiday donation and my Mom gave me her donations for the project when she was up last month. My Aunt is working on her donations. I just need to get mine done. This will be one well dressed doll.:lol

Once the Thanksgiving box is done I have to finish the last of my children's Christmas afghans as I have one adult Christmas themed one to do now. I am going to do a round ripple in holiday colors.

Modified my list quite a bit. There was just no possible way for me to get all of the gifts I listed previously done in time.

So now, here's the new, adjusted list!

Post #30

This is a great idea.I just found out about CAL's from Tiffer. I need to get started on Christmas gifts and stop making baby things.

Here is my list:

Hat for aunt

Hat and scarf for cousin

Hat, scarf, and slippers for son

3 sets of slippers for 3 friend

Doggie bed for neighbor

Hats for foodself

Pet beds as many as I can for local rescue shelter

Guess I better get moving.

Would love to join in with the Christmas CAL. Is it too late? I have so much to do !!:hook

Grandma Becky :)

Never too late. Join the fun.

I sent out my Thanksgiving box, so I'm back at Christmas items. Picked up the kitty afghan again. I almost have a Pteradon finished. Still am undecided if this will be a December birthday or Christmas gift. I have doctor's appointments next week so the Pteradon should be finished and I should get a start on the construction cones and barrels I have in my travel bag to work on.

This is a great idea.I just found out about CAL's from Tiffer. I need to get started on Christmas gifts and stop making baby things.

Here is my list:

Hat for aunt

Hat and scarf for cousin

Hat, scarf, and slippers for son

3 sets of slippers for 3 friend

Doggie bed for neighbor

Hats for foodself

Pet beds as many as I can for local rescue shelter

Guess I better get moving.

Good list :)

Never too late. Join the fun.

I sent out my Thanksgiving box, so I'm back at Christmas items. Picked up the kitty afghan again. I almost have a Pteradon finished. Still am undecided if this will be a December birthday or Christmas gift. I have doctor's appointments next week so the Pteradon should be finished and I should get a start on the construction cones and barrels I have in my travel bag to work on.

Great job finishing all those Thanksgiving things! I enjoyed looking at what you made on your blog :):clap

Doesn't it feel great to be working on Christmas stuff now?

Great job finishing all those Thanksgiving things! I enjoyed looking at what you made on your blog :):clap

Doesn't it feel great to be working on Christmas stuff now?

Thank you.

I am ready to move on although I may try knitting myself a dishcloth for the occasion before completely abandoning the Thanksgiving crafting.:lol

Thank you.

I am ready to move on although I may try knitting myself a dishcloth for the occasion before completely abandoning the Thanksgiving crafting.:lol

Did you see that adorable turkey scrubbie on Ravelry? I am debating whether or not to make one for each family household for Thanksgiving. Then everyone would have a momento :) And there is one more turkey I would like to make. Mostly I'm doing Christmas-y things though.

Archived