2011 Christmas Gift CAL

kraftynkrazy

Back up to the 12th row of the shawl. No mistakes thus far! :cheer Turned out to be a simple mistake back on row 8 that threw me all off. Figures! LOL

At least it is progress!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made it to row 21 of the shawl last night! :clap Totally happy with it too!

Gotta find a dress pattern today for a size 8 girl. Nothing too fancy, but like a sweater dress maybe? Anyone with suggestions, please pass them my way! LOL

Made it to row 21 of the shawl last night! :clap Totally happy with it too!

Gotta find a dress pattern today for a size 8 girl. Nothing too fancy, but like a sweater dress maybe? Anyone with suggestions, please pass them my way! LOL

:clap:clap:clap

Here is the most recent batch of play food that I finished from the Tasty Crochet! book. And here is the progress that I have on my ripple so far. The pic isn't really showing the pretty ridges but they are there ;)

post-22492-135897716438_thumb.jpg

post-22492-135897716442_thumb.jpg

Here is the most recent batch of play food that I finished from the Tasty Crochet! book. And here is the progress that I have on my ripple so far. The pic isn't really showing the pretty ridges but they are there ;)

Great start on your crochet kitchen. The colors on the RR are beautiful.

Yesterday I did 5 more rows on the door stocking and 3 rows on the ripple. I was making a slice of pizza this morning and then my 3yog came out and snuggled with me while it was still dark outside. Snuggles are more important, so I put away the pizza ;)

Yesterday I did 5 more rows on the door stocking and 3 rows on the ripple. I was making a slice of pizza this morning and then my 3yog came out and snuggled with me while it was still dark outside. Snuggles are more important, so I put away the pizza ;)

You have your priorities right.

Well the mailing deadline was reached for one set of projects. So the rest move on to birthday presents.

I'm on the very LAST row of the tree skirt. I wrapped a ton of presents to box and ship last night so I had limited work time yesterday. It is a relief to know they are on their way.

I am determined to finish the tree skirt today, work on a snowman, and get back to the Kitty afghan.

You have your priorities right.

Well the mailing deadline was reached for one set of projects. So the rest move on to birthday presents.

I'm on the very LAST row of the tree skirt. I wrapped a ton of presents to box and ship last night so I had limited work time yesterday. It is a relief to know they are on their way.

I am determined to finish the tree skirt today, work on a snowman, and get back to the Kitty afghan.

I bet it feels good to have shipped off that box!

Sounds like you will finish your tree skirt today:clap

I made a skirt a few years ago, but it ties on. I'm going to remove the ties and put buttons on instead. Just as soon as I buy buttons and get some time. I think this won't happen until right before I put Christmas things away, lol.

Here is my list this year (I will try to get some pictures on here soon)

Step-daughter- GIR Hat and Arm Warmers

Son- Jack Skelington hat

Brother-In-Laws Girlfriend- Zombie Hello Kitty Hat and Amigurumi

Friend of Family- Penguin Hat and Amigurumi

Friend of Family- Slouchy lacy beanie and scarf

Company Party- White Elephant Amigurumi, literally a white elephant.

I have completed 90% of it (Still working on the Elephant and scarf) in like 2 weeks, so buckle down and just get to it. You will be surprised how much you can get done. I am also planning another animal Amigurumi for a friends son's birthday this weekend.

It all looks great! I finished something yesterday, too. I am trying not to go into panic mode; since there is only less than two and a half weeks til Christmas (and I have stuff to mail out... Still not boxed up. :blush) Actually, less than two weeks for mailing. (Ugh...) This is for my stepmom. I don't know what else to send her. This might be it. I did crochet her a stocking, too; and put this all in it. I might put some candy in there. But I don't know what kind she likes... :think Maybe just some candy canes? :shrug I'm so lame... :sigh

Everyone sounds like they are making good progress! I can't wait to see the tree skirt, Bailey4. And welcome to the CAL Sceven. :)

post-20-135897716599_thumb.jpg

It all looks great! I finished something yesterday, too. I am trying not to go into panic mode; since there is only less than two and a half weeks til Christmas (and I have stuff to mail out... Still not boxed up. :blush) Actually, less than two weeks for mailing. (Ugh...) This is for my stepmom. I don't know what else to send her. This might be it. I did crochet her a stocking, too; and put this all in it. I might put some candy in there. But I don't know what kind she likes... :think Maybe just some candy canes? :shrug I'm so lame... :sigh

Everyone sounds like they are making good progress! I can't wait to see the tree skirt, Bailey4. And welcome to the CAL Sceven. :)

That is really cute! You are not even close to lame!

Welcome Sceven!

My tree skirt is finished. I'm going to get it photographed and set on the tree and then the decorating can begin!!! I so rarely make stuff for us that it feels amazing to see it finished.

I started a snowman set that I got for my birthday that I promised my DH I would make for his office when he bought it for me. So time to keep my promise.:lol:lol

Well, I am pretty sure she likes chocolate. So I might get some and send that. :lol Thank you, though. :hug

That is really cute! You are not even close to lame!

Welcome Sceven!

Oooo!! I can't wait to see it!

My tree skirt is finished. I'm going to get it photographed and set on the tree and then the decorating can begin!!! I so rarely make stuff for us that it feels amazing to see it finished.

I started a snowman set that I got for my birthday that I promised my DH I would make for his office when he bought it for me. So time to keep my promise.:lol:lol

Your tree skirt came out so pretty! I love it!

What snowman set are you making? I have a snowman nativity saved on Ravelry that I would love to do. But not this year ;)

I made a few other foodie items, only two left to make from the Tasty Crochet! book. I need to get working on the play kitchen top that I am going to make or it won't be done and they won't have anywhere to play with all this food, lol. And today I am determined to finish the afghan that I'm making, I only need to add a dozen more rows. I can do that today right?

1 Christmas Granny Square Afghan for friends (Half Done)

1 Crochet shoe for friend

1 scarf for sil (finished)

1 scarf for sil (finished)

1 Army soldier for Nephew (Half Done)

Boxing gloves for ds

Hello Kitty ami for dd

:hook

Great list!

Ahhhhh! I had to pull out three rows of my afghan! Such a bummer :(

I am going to run to the store for another skein of yarn (I'll need it to finish) for a bit of fresh air. Then hopefully I will be refreshed to put those 3 rows back on.

How's everyone doing on their gift lists? :) I am on the second sleeve of my son's Snuggie. I decided that is the last thing I am going to crochet for anyone in the family. I am crocheting as many hats as I can, for the Santa Tree at my son's school. So far I have four done. And I got a HUGE box of yarn yesterday, from a wonderful Crochetville Elf in NV! So I will be able to make more hats. :manyheart:hook I'm using the EZ Earflaps Hat Pattern.

Sorry you had to rip out three rows on your afghan, that stinks. :(

post-20-135897718526_thumb.jpg

How's everyone doing on their gift lists? :) I am on the second sleeve of my son's Snuggie. I decided that is the last thing I am going to crochet for anyone in the family. I am crocheting as many hats as I can, for the Santa Tree at my son's school. So far I have four done. And I got a HUGE box of yarn yesterday, from a wonderful Crochetville Elf in NV! So I will be able to make more hats. :manyheart:hook I'm using the EZ Earflaps Hat Pattern.

Sorry you had to rip out three rows on your afghan, that stinks. :(

Those hats are great! What a special person to send you a box of yarn!!!:yay:yay Yarn is the best gift ever!

I finished a cake slice this morning (so cute) and started a doily for my mom. I've never done a doily before so I'm hoping it turns out alright. I finished a set of fingerless mitts yesterday (3 more pairs to go), and I'm still plugging away on the afghan. I'm getting so excited that we are getting closer to Christmas!!!

Archived