2011 Christmas Gift CAL

kraftynkrazy

A year or two ago, I was part of a Christmas CAL on the Ville in which participants made a list of Christmas gifts they wanted to make and for whom. There were links to great patterns and lots of sharing. I really need the encouragement this year as I have waited to late to start my Christmas list. Anyone want to join me and crochet up some Christmas cheer???

Everyone is welcome. Join anytime! It's simple enough. Just post your Christmas list, show off your progress, check off your completed gifts, and cheer each other on!!!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's mine (to start - more later):

DD #1 (21 years old) = undecided

DS #1 and GF (19 years old) = afghan (along the lines of the deployment ghan but not quite so large :) )

DD #2 (15 years old) = undecided

DS #2 (13 years old) = dragon of some kind

DS #3 (5 years old) = toy train http://www.etsy.com/listing/73547627/happy-train-amigurumi-pattern

DGD (1 year old) = tea set

DGS (1 month old) = undecided

Brayden (5 years old) = undecided

Austin (4 years old) = undecided

Bryanna (3 years old) = undecided

Ashton (due in Nov) = bubble blanket

Connor (will be almost 1 year old at Christmas time) = teddy bear

Weldon (due in Dec) = RR or maybe a doilyghan

Karsen (1 year old) = pirate ship http://www.etsy.com/listing/63121158/crochet-pattern-pirate-ship-toys-in-pdf

I am so terrible with lists. Too impulsive.

However I know so far:

• :santa4 Afghans for 2 nieces and 2 nephews. 2 done, 2 started
  • 2 sets of dinos for my cousin's sons
  • 2 sets of dinos for my nephews
  • 18" Doll Christmas Outfit niece
  • Barbie, Ken, Skipper, Kelly Christmas Outfits niece
  • Butterfly dishclothes for MIL one finished
  • Christmas ornmaments for 2 nieces and 2 nephews I think I am going to try making ami's with holiday hats for those.
  • Saftey cones and saftey barrels for nephew and cousin's sons matchbox cars
  • Christmas Lovey for youngest nephew

I have a folder full of other ideas that will either be made for Christmas or make it into birthday or Easter baskets. It will be fun to share our progress.

I have a few things I need to make -- not as many as your lists above! But I'll come back with a list and join, too. It might help me to get them done on time!

I will join, my list is kind of large, with big ideas. Will probably only get half done. But here is what I have planned: PROJECTS FINISHED IN RED

Son and daughter-in-law #1: Afgan, kitchen set

Son # 2: Afgan, kitchen set

Grandaughter #1: Unsure (8yrs old)

Grandaughter #2: Unsure (1 yr old)

Sister: Cancer ribbon afgan

Sister: ? afgan

Niece #1: Kitchen set

Niece #2: Kitchen set

Niece #3: Kitchen set

Nephew #1: Army afgan, leaves for bootcamp end of September

Niece #4: Kitchen set

Niece #5: Afgan, unsure of what kind

Niece #6: Hat and Scarf set

Niece #7: Hat and Scarf set

Niece #8: Hat and scarf set, and stuffed toy (7 yrs old)

Niece #9: Hat and scarf set, and stuffed toy (5 yrs old)

Nephew #2: Hat and Scart set, and stuffed toy (2 yrs old)

Nephew #3: unsure, 4 months

I am so in for this CAL. :cheer

This year I asked my kids what they wanted for Christmas. And they told me to make them something. That they wanted everything made by me. Then I was told to make a few socks.

This year my main focus with handmade gifts are for hubby and kids.

Here is what I have so far:

DD: Care Bear Afghan/Care Bear Pillow (completed) Pictures posted here on the ville.

I have a sweater almost completed for her. I'm using this pattern. I just have another sleeve to do.

Then I have sock yarn so I can make her some socks. I can't remember how many pairs are for her.

DS: A bigfoot filet afghan. I'm charting this one myself. I've just about ready to start on the afghan. He likes Bigfoot, the creature not the truck.

I have sock yarn for him as well.

I'm still undecided what else to make him. I was thinking about making him a Laptop bag. :think Any ideas for a 13 year old boy?

Hubby: Socks, I ordered some Alpaca sock yarn for his socks. Can't wait to crochet with it. Its so soft.

Still haven't decided whatelse to make him. He fell in love with the Woodsy Quilt that was in October's issue of CrochetWorld. That maybe something to think about.

One great thing about making items is to be able to buy more yarn. :yes

One thing I do to help me stay in a Christmas making mood, is I have my Christmas CD's out and are in the player as we speak. There is lots to do.

Merry Christmas!!

This is not my final list, but my main focus is on gifts for my immediate family.

7yo daughter--no ideas yet, but she likes everything. I just finished a hat/scarf set for her but that's not Christmas.

14yo daughter--definitely wants a fashion scarf, preferably in burgandy/wine color. Also loves socks made by me, so probably socks.

18yo daughter--hardest one of the bunch to please. Doesn't like crocheted purses. I might actually tat her some earrings if I get ambitious, but...would like to crochet something. She's my arty daughter, and she'll be going to college in FL next fall (sniff). I don't want to make anything "warm and wooly," but I'll fall back on socks for her too, if I have to.

Husband: I'd love to crochet something for him, but I have NO idea what he'd want to have. Oh wait...shoot. I just remembered I'm supposed to make him a crocheted ferret from Planet June's pattern. Man, I don't want to do that...I guess I have to? I don't like making amis. But at least he'd like it, and that's what counts. I really need this CAL to make me do that one! LOL

Will add patterns later, when my choices are finalized.

I need to work out my list, then I will be back to join:D:hook

Ok I have a few things for my list now

So far

1 Christmas Granny Square Afghan for friends (started)

1 Crochet shoe for friend

1 scarf for sil (started)

1 scarf for sil

1 toy soldier for Nephew

Will update when I have decided on the rest:cheer:hook

x

You all have such cute ideas and ambitious lists!

I have mentally added things to my list, but haven't added them to my original post yet. I have all the parts done for the Kuromi doll, now I just need to sew them together. Hopefully I will get that done today.

:smiling I want to join :smiling

I need to review my list and see what I actually need to make and what I have already done.

Here is what I have off the top of my head right now:

-soft serve ice cream scarf http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/soft-serve-ice-cream-scarf not a free pattern

-sushi scarf http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sushi-scarf-2 not a free pattern

-cookie scarf http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cookie-scarf not a free pattern

-matching hats for kids for Christmas photo (Stocking caps from a Crochet World magazine)

-6 pomp-a-doodle poodles (this is ambitious for me....I really hope to succeed at it though http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/BabyChild/WR2157+Pomp-a-Poodle.htm

DONE -kuromi doll http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/amigurumi-kuromi-doll

-7 tiny tote bags (stocking stuffers)

-some sort of ornaments

-4 hair bows (stocking stuffers)

-3 hackey sacks http://dorfmunder.wordpress.com/2009/01/26/hackey-sack-pattern-crochet/ (stocking stuffers)

-7 mini flyers http://worthaknit.blogspot.com/2011/05/new-pattern-mini-flyer.html (stocking stuffers)

-4 kitty dolls http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/amigurumi-kuromi-doll (the link to the patter takes you to the other kitty dolls on her site)

-scarf for uncle

-scarf for aunt

I am currently working on 4 afghans, so I am not sure where I will find the time (or money for the yarn :think ) but I'm going to do my best :D

I bought some yarn to start the sushi scarf, but I discovered I bought the wrong kind of white. So I need to get back to the store and get the right kind. I also bought some yarn to start the stocking caps for our Christmas photo. I'm going to try to knock out 1 small stocking stuffer project a day while the kids are sleeping.

How is everyone doing with the Christmas crafting? I am working on Sawyer's train during the day when he is at school and Travis and his girlfriend's afghan when they are at work or out. It's hard to find enough crochet time with everyone living here, but I am making it work. I will post some progress pictures soon!

How is everyone doing with the Christmas crafting? I am working on Sawyer's train during the day when he is at school and Travis and his girlfriend's afghan when they are at work or out. It's hard to find enough crochet time with everyone living here, but I am making it work. I will post some progress pictures soon!

I can't wait to see train pictures!!!

I switched gears and am working on the afghan that needs to be shipped before the one that is being given on Christmas Eve. With some amazing sales I finally have all the yarn I need and I am using a Crochet World pattern from August.

I'm still working on Thanksgiving and pre-Christmas birthdays so I will be knocking off the Christmas gifts in between.

Here are some pics of some small things that I have completed so far. The hackey sacks, mini flyers, and Kuromi toy. I'm almost finished with the sushi scarf (boy will I be glad when it's done). The pics aren't great but they are the best that I could get for some reason.

post-22492-135897699587_thumb.jpg

post-22492-135897699592_thumb.jpg

post-22492-135897699596_thumb.jpg

Archived