2011 Christmas Gift CAL

kraftynkrazy

Great teacher's gifts.

I am almost finished with my husband's tobaggining snowmen that he can keep in his office all winter. I had no idea how fascinated his office mates were with his Ami's until the Christmas party this year.:lol:lol

The kitty afghan keeps plodding on, but it is not looking good for a Christmas Eve finish.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great teacher's gifts.

I am almost finished with my husband's tobaggining snowmen that he can keep in his office all winter. I had no idea how fascinated his office mates were with his Ami's until the Christmas party this year.:lol:lol

The kitty afghan keeps plodding on, but it is not looking good for a Christmas Eve finish.

That's cool that your ami's are so popular :)

3 scarfs and 2 hats done of the zillion I have to do! But, it beats having nothing accomplished, I'll say that much.

Going to weave in ends and sew squares together today. Have just two days until I give my friend her comfortghan and the squares are just laid out on the table! Time to get to hookin! :hook

Everyone's gifts look sooo awesome!

I like those! I saw that pattern & have it in my favorites. :hook

Everyone's gifts look great!! :manyheart

Today I finished two teacher gifts which were not on my original list but had to be ready by tomorrow. These are from Carlinda's pattern which I love Love LOVE!!! You can find it here.

[ATTACH]48910[/ATTACH]

3 scarfs and 2 hats done of the zillion I have to do! But, it beats having nothing accomplished, I'll say that much.

Going to weave in ends and sew squares together today. Have just two days until I give my friend her comfortghan and the squares are just laid out on the table! Time to get to hookin! :hook

Everyone's gifts look sooo awesome!

3 scarves and 2 hats sounds really good to me! :yay

I don't believe it myself, but... The "Ughie" is done!! It's a snuggie, really. But I call it the Ughie. :P My 9 year old has wanted me to crochet him one; ever since I told him there was a crochet pattern for a Snuggie. :P I made the adult size, so it will fit him until it wears out, probably...

post-20-135897719205_thumb.jpg

That is so cool Tina! He is going to love it!

I have a snuggie that I started last year with my scraps. It isn't finished. It is in a bag hanging on a hook in my room waiting until I decide to finish it.

That's how mine was, sitting in a bag in my room... I don't know why I didn't want to work on it. I just did hdc's for the whole thing. Usually I like mindless work like that. It just seemed to take forever.

I wrapped it up and put it under the tree. He said to me last night, "Is that big present for me?" :heehee

I think a snuggie made w/ scraps would be cool. It would be economical, too. :)

That is so cool Tina! He is going to love it!

I have a snuggie that I started last year with my scraps. It isn't finished. It is in a bag hanging on a hook in my room waiting until I decide to finish it.

I finished 3 pairs of fingerless mitts, only one pair left. I'm halfway through the doily and halfway finished with the afghan. Today I will work on the afghan after the children and I make and decorate cookie trees. Mmmm, I can't wait to get baking!

Yummy! :manyheart

I finished 3 pairs of fingerless mitts, only one pair left. I'm halfway through the doily and halfway finished with the afghan. Today I will work on the afghan after the children and I make and decorate cookie trees. Mmmm, I can't wait to get baking!

Today I finished up the "holy cow they aren't getting divorced and now I have to send something" gifts. LOL I'm sooo ready to mail this box!! Update with pictures directly. Just glad to have those "surprise" gifts done. :yay

Great job everyone!

I am putting the border on the afghan tonight. Then just weaving in ends. I still need to finish the doily and a pair of fingerless mitts. I'm super close to having the play kitchen top finished. I just need to crochet the sink, finish the faucet and sew it all together. I really think that I should just not sleep until Christmas. Then I can say that I want my present to be an entire day in bed, lol.

post-30595-135897720168_thumb.jpeg

This is a photo of a snake in progress. I am making it for my father for Christmas. What do you think? I didn't realize how much yarn was needed for the pattern! (the pattern I am using doesn't state how much yarn) I used up almost the whole 5 oz since this pic was taken yesterday.

[ATTACH]49169[/ATTACH]

This is a photo of a snake in progress. I am making it for my father for Christmas. What do you think? I didn't realize how much yarn was needed for the pattern! (the pattern I am using doesn't state how much yarn) I used up almost the whole 5 oz since this pic was taken yesterday.

Cool!

It looks good so far! I have crocheted a few snakes myself. :P

[ATTACH]49169[/ATTACH]

Great afghan!!:) Doesn't that feel good to finish the big projects? I haven't done a round ripple in a while. They're fun. (I think the cat thinks it's for him/her... lol!)

I finished the afghan! Yay! Now to get to work on that doily ;)

Thank you! It feels wonderful to have it finished :)

This morning I finished the play kitchen that I was making. It's a sink/stove thing-a-ma-jig. I posted pics in the show and tell forum. I have 5 rows left on the doily for my mother and I have the last pair of fingerless gloves to make. Also I just had an idea for something quick for dh. We'll see what actually gets finished, lol. I am really looking forward to recreational crochet again instead of rushed crochet ;)

Archived