2011 Christmas Gift CAL

kraftynkrazy

Started a granny square doll blanket for the donation doll project. I may frog the one for a family member that has been giving me headaches and redo it in this pattern.:lol I wished I had realized I had this leaflet when I started the other one.

Packaged up all the clothes for the project. Now I just have to get a box to hold it all.

You are so good :)

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last day of school today! :woo

Did get a few rows of the shawl done ~ spent the weekend with the family, doing some holiday things! Was a lot of fun!

I managed to get 26 rows of the ripple done this weekend. Now the rows take longer so I will be doing good to get a couple done a day. I can't wait until it's finished it's got such cheerful Christmas-y colors!

I actually finished the body of my sons' Ugh-iee~ Oops, I mean... Snuggie; last night.:P Now I am on the first sleeve. Should be any day now... :hook I wrapped a bunch of presents last night. :D I'm waiting until the kids are in school to do the rest. :devil

Finished the doll blanket and DH bought the box for it this weekend. He was amazed that even though he thought it would be too big it was a tight fit.:lol:lol

Want to finish the saftey cones and barrels so it will be finished for the deadline.

Started a tree skirt at DH's request for our tree. I have a beautiful cross stitch one my sister made, but with our latest rescue dog she would find it much too attractive. I didn't use it last year when she arrived in Sept. but was hoping it might make it back this year. However, I would much rather have the dog and save the tree skirt to pass on to another generation. If I can finish the round ripple crochet one it will be a suitable replacement.

I actually finished the body of my sons' Ugh-iee~ Oops, I mean... Snuggie; last night.:P Now I am on the first sleeve. Should be any day now... :hook I wrapped a bunch of presents last night. :D I'm waiting until the kids are in school to do the rest. :devil

:) You are ahead of me, I haven't wrapped anything yet. Maybe today.

Finished the doll blanket and DH bought the box for it this weekend. He was amazed that even though he thought it would be too big it was a tight fit.:lol:lol

Want to finish the saftey cones and barrels so it will be finished for the deadline.

Started a tree skirt at DH's request for our tree. I have a beautiful cross stitch one my sister made, but with our latest rescue dog she would find it much too attractive. I didn't use it last year when she arrived in Sept. but was hoping it might make it back this year. However, I would much rather have the dog and save the tree skirt to pass on to another generation. If I can finish the round ripple crochet one it will be a suitable replacement.

Your cross stitch tree skirt sounds beautiful. I'm sure that you ripple skirt will be lovely too. :)

I guess I am a little paranoid maybe? I don't want them to find my hiding spots and see what their presents are. This way at least they are wrapped. If they unwrap them... :tryme:lol

:) You are ahead of me, I haven't wrapped anything yet. Maybe today.

I guess I am a little paranoid maybe? I don't want them to find my hiding spots and see what their presents are. This way at least they are wrapped. If they unwrap them... :tryme:lol

:lol Good luck with that!!! My daughter's one-year-old already "accidentally" got hold of her mama's Christmas gift and tore it open when I was at work... :eek

:eek Well, my kids are 9 and 14. Old enough to know better, **but**... :P

:lol Good luck with that!!! My daughter's one-year-old already "accidentally" got hold of her mama's Christmas gift and tore it open when I was at work... :eek

My gifts are wrapped and bagged according to recipient but they have no name tags on them yet. I know who gets what but if the kids find them they won't know.

As far as I can tell though, they are not interested in snooping. They enjoy the surprise. They don't even want to know what the other is getting ahead of time!

Half way through our Christmas Tree skirt. I finished the 2 safety cones and 1 safety barrel to donate and those are off with DH for donation this morning. I need to finish the skirt so I can decorate the tree. :lol:lol

I frogged the other doll blanket so it will be ready to recreate with the second pattern I found which works up quickly.

:clap That sounds like something I would do. Oh, wait... I thought you wrote "Halfway through the Christmas Tree Skirt, I finished the safety cones.." :lol Never mind!! I'm not awake yet.. :P I hope you finish your skirt soon! I still don't have one for our tree. But we decorated it anyway. :D

Half way through our Christmas Tree skirt. I finished the 2 safety cones and 1 safety barrel to donate and those are

off with DH for donation this morning. I need to finish the skirt so I can decorate the tree. :lol:lol

I frogged the other doll blanket so it will be ready to recreate with the second pattern I found which works up quickly.

I don't think I ever posted a picture of all my finished stockings, together. :think All but three of them are gifts. The black one with the "lightning bolt" is supposed to be an "AC/DC" stocking for our 14 year old. (I feel like I already posted about that?.. :think) Now to finish filling them, and ship them out..

post-20-135897716323_thumb.jpg

Guess I'll update while I'm here... LOL

Had to frog the shawl for Nannie. Got to row 12 and noticed something wasn't right. Not sure if I'll continue with the same pattern or search for a new one.

Tina, Your stockings are wonderful. Seeing them all lined up like that I can see all the work that you put into them.

Tiffany, I am so sorry about the shawl. I've done that. Most of the time I end up looking for another pattern, lol.

On top of the afghan I'm working for dh's mother, I am still working on play food and I started working on this to decorate our front door with.

I also went through my Christmas list and I have added:

-fingerless mitts for bil

-fingerless mitts for uncle

-Elf slippers for dh's two cousins (If I can find the pattern)

Adding to my list this late is crazy. Maybe dh and I can pull a couple of all-nighter weekends :lol

That front door stocking is cool. You can do all that! Who needs sleep? :yawn:P I have been tempted to make some fingerless mitts myself. I just was looking at an elf slipper pattern the other day... Or maybe it was a Santa slipper.

Tina, Your stockings are wonderful. Seeing them all lined up like that I can see all the work that you put into them.

Tiffany, I am so sorry about the shawl. I've done that. Most of the time I end up looking for another pattern, lol.

On top of the afghan I'm working for dh's mother, I am still working on play food and I started working on this to decorate our front door with.

I also went through my Christmas list and I have added:

-fingerless mitts for bil

-fingerless mitts for uncle

-Elf slippers for dh's two cousins (If I can find the pattern)

Adding to my list this late is crazy. Maybe dh and I can pull a couple of all-nighter weekends :lol

I don't think I ever posted a picture of all my finished stockings, together. :think All but three of them are gifts. The black one with the "lightning bolt" is supposed to be an "AC/DC" stocking for our 14 year old. (I feel like I already posted about that?.. :think) Now to finish filling them, and ship them out..

Beautiful work. I admire that you can focus on doing the same projects.

Guess I'll update while I'm here... LOL

Had to frog the shawl for Nannie. Got to row 12 and noticed something wasn't right. Not sure if I'll continue with the same pattern or search for a new one.

That happened with my first doll blanket. Beautiful pattern, but I just don't have time to play with it right now to get it right. At this point finished is more essential than the "perfect" pattern.

I wrapped all the gifts I have that aren't for my kids today. So now under the tree doesn't look so unclothed, lol.

I looked at how many rows the door stocking has without the cuff, 111! I guess I had really better get my hands flying or it will be for next year.

Archived