2011 Christmas Gift CAL

kraftynkrazy

I need to join this, too!!!! Here's my list:

~A Santa Pillow (currently in progress)-have to be a member at the Bernat site. (The pattern is wrong, too~ I am doing my own thing~ which is increase two stitches every row, then decrease every row on the way back up..) ~DONE

~A Snuggie (started but not in progress)

~About 5-10 Christmas Stockings :eek (only one done, not counted)

~Christmas Ornaments

~Christmas Package Tissue Box Toppers- One for son's teacher~ DONE, one for step-Mom and one for us?...

That's all I can think of right now. The Christmas Ornaments are just for our tree. But I really need to do the stockings. (And the rest, too... :sigh But people asked for the stockings, so I *have* to do those. Lol..)

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joining because my mind tends to wander & I forget what projects I still have to do before I try starting more :/

So far:

1 afghan for my step-father(about 1/4 done)

2 hooded scarves for my mother & my best friend

1 longhorns afghan for dh (about 1/4 done)

1 afghan/throw for my 15 y/o (1/4 done also)

1 pillow pal for my 2 y/o

As many dog beds as I can finish by X-mas for our 9 dogs.

3 silly hats for my sister in laws tweens.

and one undecided project for my sister in law

Our internet was down all day yesterday, so I actually got some crocheting finished. :hook I am almost done with my Santa Pillow, too. I couldn't go online to see the rest of the pattern, though. So... maybe today. :hook I am going to give the tissue topper to my (youngest) son's teacher. The pattern is in the Dec 2006 issue of Crochet World.

KarlaC, I have been wanting to crochet a Pillow Pal, too. (Welcome to the CAL, btw~ I am a newbie here, too. :)) I saw some new ones (free patterns, too) in a magazine. I haven't checked them out yet, but they're on the Red Heart site. (In case you didn't already know... :hook)

post-20-135897701879_thumb.jpg

4 more afghan rows done

6 rows done on an 18" doll Mrs. Santa dress

Technically a Thanksgiving item but I finished a Turkey ami for my Thanksgiving box.

I've decided to continue working on the 18" doll project in rows like the afghan to make sure I make progress while working on the Thanksgiving projects.

Benjamin ~ Hat, Scarf & Driving Gloves

Jayden ~ Shark, Hat & Scarf

Bentley ~ Dragon, Hat & Scarf

Hayden ~ Cat, Hat & Scarf

Nannie ~ Purse & Cell Cozy

Gramme ~ Sweater/Shawl? Not sure which

DeWayne ~ Hat & Scarf

Gary ~ Hat & Scarf

Brooklyn ~ Dress

Ashley ~ Purse

Blake ~ Hat & Scarf

Nathan ~ Hat

Alyssa ~ Headband & Scarf

Angie ~ Hat & Scarf

Dale ~ Hat & Scarf

Braydon ~ Hat & Scarf

This is the "Immediate" family list. I'm hoping this year to crochet each of them a personal gift but not so sure I'll be able to finish them all with all of the other things going on! My family lives out of state, but if I manage to get these all done, they will be getting crochet gifts too!

BUSY BUSY Time to get to work!

I'm going to alternate my list just slightly.

Nannie ~ Kitchen set ~ potholders & dishcloths

Gramme ~ Lapghan

And Brooklyn may get an ami rather than a dress.. or possibly a purse.

Our internet was down all day yesterday, so I actually got some crocheting finished. :hook I am almost done with my Santa Pillow, too. I couldn't go online to see the rest of the pattern, though. So... maybe today. :hook I am going to give the tissue topper to my (youngest) son's teacher. The pattern is in the Dec 2006 issue of Crochet World.

KarlaC, I have been wanting to crochet a Pillow Pal, too. (Welcome to the CAL, btw~ I am a newbie here, too. :)) I saw some new ones (free patterns, too) in a magazine. I haven't checked them out yet, but they're on the Red Heart site. (In case you didn't already know... :hook)

That's a beautiful topper! Great job! :yay

I've started one sock. Sigh. I have tendonitis, and have to limit my crochet time. I'm using a new pattern, and so it's going a little slower than usual, too, but I think the results will be worth it.

Here are some pics of some small things that I have completed so far. The hackey sacks, mini flyers, and Kuromi toy. I'm almost finished with the sushi scarf (boy will I be glad when it's done). The pics aren't great but they are the best that I could get for some reason.

What did you fill the hacky sacks with?

I finished my Santa Pillow. :hook I think I put the pattern link in, to my post with all my projects. But, I don't think I mentioned: The pattern is not right. I did an increase of two stitches every row on the way up (the white part), and decreased two stitches ever row on the way back down (the red part). (Or vice-versa? :think) Oh. I guess I did mention that. Oh well... :P

post-20-135897702394_thumb.jpg

4 more rows down on my Afghan.

I have the body of the Mrs. Claus 18" doll dress done. I have the first arm almost done. When she is finished I have to work on finishing my Thanksgiving box. I have to Pilgrim doll outfits to make and ami's to finish and start.

I'll add myself onto here if thats ok. I'm new here and think CALs are a great idea. :D

Nephew #1 - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fishing-game-kids-toy Fish and sea mad nephew in the UK. Thought this would be great.

Nephew #2 - Something to do with the jungle and jungle animals. Any ideas about this would be most welcome. :yes

Stepdad - A beanie in his favourite football (soccer) team. Sunderland FC!

Mum and Sister - A nice bag.

The neighbours living in my apartment building - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/liten-virkad-tomte Tomte is the Swedish Santa.

Baby daughter - Ohhhh.... many things.

I'm sure I'll end up doing some other bits and bobs for other people in my family. I'll update as I think of them.

I have now finished one sock. One sock, not one pair. Tomorrow I'll start the other one. Slow and steady is the only way I'm going to get presents made this year. It's not designated for anyone, but I'm almost finished with a truly unusual doily, but it's SO out-of-the-ordinary in color that I can't imagine giving it away unless I knew someone wanted it. You're either going to love it or hate it, you know? (It's that strange.)

That's wonderful! And I am sure that you will think of that one special person to give that doily to. You have me curious, I would love to see a pic.

4 more rows down on my Afghan.

I have the body of the Mrs. Claus 18" doll dress done. I have the first arm almost done. When she is finished I have to work on finishing my Thanksgiving box. I have to Pilgrim doll outfits to make and ami's to finish and start.

Yay! Four more rows :cheer :cheer :cheer And you are doing great on that Mrs. Claus!

I'll add myself onto here if thats ok. I'm new here and think CALs are a great idea.

Welcome to Crochetville! And welcome to the Christmas CAL! You have some lovely sounding items on your list. I fav'ed that Ravelry fishing toy...too cute.

During naptime today I made another friend for Bob and Larry :D

post-22492-135897702509_thumb.jpg

That's wonderful! And I am sure that you will think of that one special person to give that doily to. You have me curious, I would love to see a pic.

Yay! Four more rows :cheer :cheer :cheer And you are doing great on that Mrs. Claus!

Welcome to Crochetville! And welcome to the Christmas CAL! You have some lovely sounding items on your list. I fav'ed that Ravelry fishing toy...too cute.

Your Veggie toys are adorable.

So cute!

I started another Christmas Stocking today. Already messed up~ Started with red, and I was supposed to start with white. I did four and a half inches of work, too.. :grumpy Oh well.

So cute!

I started another Christmas Stocking today. Already messed up~ Started with red, and I was supposed to start with white. I did four and a half inches of work, too.. :grumpy Oh well.

I hate it when I do stuff like that! One of the angry birds I made the head for (the black one) and then realized it was too big, I used the wrong size hook. That mishap turned into a nice indoor ball for the children, lol.

4 more rows on my afghan done and I think it will be done at the latest by next week if I can stick to this schedule. I am almost done with the second arm of the dress for Mrs. Claus which leaves finishing the back, adding buttons, and the trim. Then on to Thanksgiving stuff for a bit.

You all are doing great! I really gotta get busy. And I'm sure I will, soon as I kick the ick. I :heart fall, but I despise the fact that I get sick every year!

Archived