2011 Christmas Gift CAL

kraftynkrazy

I finished the cookie scarf in the wee hours of the morning today. I am going to make one more cookie scarf, but change up the pattern a bit, and I'm still working on the ice cream scarf. I have 3 or 4 more hats to make, 6 tiny totes, and those stuffed poodles! Those poodles I am dreading for some reason....

Oh, I removed the kitty dolls for my girls. They were to be stocking stuffers and looking at what I have already, there won't be room for them.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll add myself onto here if thats ok. I'm new here and think CALs are a great idea. :D

Nephew #1 - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fishing-game-kids-toy Fish and sea mad nephew in the UK. Thought this would be great.

Nephew #2 - Something to do with the jungle and jungle animals. Any ideas about this would be most welcome. :yes

Stepdad - A beanie in his favourite football (soccer) team. Sunderland FC!

Mum and Sister - A nice bag.

The neighbours living in my apartment building - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/liten-virkad-tomte Tomte is the Swedish Santa.

Baby daughter - Ohhhh.... many things.

I'm sure I'll end up doing some other bits and bobs for other people in my family. I'll update as I think of them.

Just wanted to update as to where I am up to with crafting my pressies.

Nephew #1 - 5 fishes made.

Nephew #2 - Still no idea.

Stepdad - Not started.

Sister - Tote bag started.

Mum - Changed my mind. I'm going to make her a couple of cute cats, not started.

Grandma - 8" squares made for lapghan.

Well, not a hurricane of stitches flying out but I'm getting there slowly. Daughter is taking up most of my time. She had her vaccinations last week and was under the weather for a few days afterwards. She's back to her little smiliey self now so hopefully I can crack on and get some things done. :)

I'm glad your daughter is feeling better!

I worked on a little mouse ami http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mouse-and-his-cookie and the hook was an F but with RHSS, so I have a blister on one of my fingers. Owie. I wanted to get a couple more hats done over the weekend, but it didn't happen. Oh well, hopefully this week I can knock out a couple more...

I posted the last Christmas Afghan on my blog. Sunset Afghan

I started a Pilgrim outfit for Skipper this weekend and spent the better part of the evening untangling the yarn. I hate making balls, but this time it was a must.

The first Mrs. Claus is finished and off to the family friend today. She'll be up on my blog later this week.

I'm glad your daughter is feeling better!

I worked on a little mouse ami http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mouse-and-his-cookie and the hook was an F but with RHSS, so I have a blister on one of my fingers. Owie. I wanted to get a couple more hats done over the weekend, but it didn't happen. Oh well, hopefully this week I can knock out a couple more...

She has the Pig and the Pancake on her blog, too. I am planning to do both with the books for a spring birthday. Sorry about the finger. I love the idea of the book tie in for presents. Great idea for anyone who needs a teacher gift for early childhood teachers.

Congratulations on finishiing the afghan! It looks nice. I am going to look for that color, too. :hook I like it.

I posted the last Christmas Afghan on my blog. Sunset Afghan

I started a Pilgrim outfit for Skipper this weekend and spent the better part of the evening untangling the yarn. I hate making balls, but this time it was a must.

The first Mrs. Claus is finished and off to the family friend today. She'll be up on my blog later this week.

I finished my last pass the piggies game this morning and the mouse and his cookie ami.

I need to actually make progress on the ice cream scarf and getback to making hats.

Congrats. You are moving along on your projects.:hook

Mrs. Claus is finished and now posted on my blog.

I have to revisit my Skipper Thanksgiving dress design as my husband identified it as being a beautiful Victorian gown.:lol:lol I think I am going to go with a skirt and a top as her arms make putting tops on and off more challenging. The Barbie pattern I'm adapting is a one piece dress.

I found a ripple pattern in patriotic colors that Mom will love so I got the base done for that yesterday. I tried starting a Christmas afghan for my Aunt but after trying to establish the base 5 times and ripping it out, I have determined I need to get her to help me with the pattern. I am obviously NOT reading the repeats correctly as I have too few of one type of stitch at the end and too many overall stitches.:lol

Mom introduced me to yarn bobbins during her fall visit. What wonderful tools. I started the last of the afghans I need for the younger relatives over using the bobbins to deal with the MANY color changes. I need more to be able to work on it, but it makes a huge difference in keeping the yarn untangled!! I should be able to get those this weekend and be off and running on getting this project going.

gorg stockings!!!! great job darl!!

i have made a bath set with a bath puff, back scrubber and 2 face washers in it for a girlfriend of mine thats coming down when bubs born, doing xmas with her then.. made doll clothes for her daughter for xmas, shes getting a newborn doll from mum, so now she will have new clothes for her too!!

not long now and the jolly fat man arrives!! better get back to making these presents i suppose, so much to do and not enough time in a day!!

Leanne xoxo

Mrs. Claus is cute!

I finished stocking #3 of 7 (or more?...) today. I have to crochet at least two, maybe three more; of the plain red w/ white ones...

Mrs. Claus is cute!

I finished stocking #3 of 7 (or more?...) today. I have to crochet at least two, maybe three more; of the plain red w/ white ones...

Those are beautiful!!! The recipients will treasure them!

gorg stockings!!!! great job darl!!

i have made a bath set with a bath puff, back scrubber and 2 face washers in it for a girlfriend of mine thats coming down when bubs born, doing xmas with her then.. made doll clothes for her daughter for xmas, shes getting a newborn doll from mum, so now she will have new clothes for her too!!

not long now and the jolly fat man arrives!! better get back to making these presents i suppose, so much to do and not enough time in a day!!

Leanne xoxo

Wow! You have been busy! What a wonderful idea for the doll clothes for your friends daughter! So thoughtful of you:clap

I completed two more hats. Only two hats left to make :)

I removed the Pomp a Doodle poodles from my list. I decided to save those and make them for birthday gifts instead. So my list has two hats left, a scarf, and some ornaments. I also want to make some keychain pouches, but I'm not sure.

I haven't thought of anything for my BIL or another of my uncles yet. I may end up just buying them something <gasp>

I completed two more hats. Only two hats left to make :)

I removed the Pomp a Doodle poodles from my list. I decided to save those and make them for birthday gifts instead. So my list has two hats left, a scarf, and some ornaments. I also want to make some keychain pouches, but I'm not sure.

I haven't thought of anything for my BIL or another of my uncles yet. I may end up just buying them something <gasp>

Great progress. I have no idea what a Pomp a Doodle Poodle is.

Well, I am working like crazy on this afghan for my son and his girlfriend but I still have a long way to go. I am also still working on the Happy Train for my five-year-old, but it seems to be taking forever as I have to keep ripping it out. arggghhhh....

Well, I am working like crazy on this afghan for my son and his girlfriend but I still have a long way to go. I am also still working on the Happy Train for my five-year-old, but it seems to be taking forever as I have to keep ripping it out. arggghhhh....

That is so frustrating!

I'm in too...

k**t 2 sets of mittens for two GC 6 yr olds - only need to finish the thumbs

k**t 2 sets of mittens for two GC 3 yr olds - not started yet

k**t garter stitch hats - my favorite quick and easy - 7 or more....

Crochet 8 sets of slippers - 5 GC, 2 DD, 1 DDil, and add a set for me too so 9 in all

Crochet NB baby - 2 sweater sets - 1 nearly finished

there'll probably more like some scarves & other winter stuff

the little pouch bags are great quickies too

I finished the hats for our Christmas photo! :yay So that leaves only the scarf for my Mom on my list :) Here is a pic of the hats. I didn't lay them out super nice, I was just trying to get a quick pic. The one laying in the front is smaller for my 2 year old.

post-22492-135897706419_thumb.jpg

Archived