2011 Christmas Gift CAL

kraftynkrazy

Here are some pics of some small things that I have completed so far. The hackey sacks, mini flyers, and Kuromi toy. I'm almost finished with the sushi scarf (boy will I be glad when it's done). The pics aren't great but they are the best that I could get for some reason.

They look great! :cheer

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished one of Maggie Wheldon's free dishcloth patterns for my MIL. She flys up for Christmas so I try to add small things that will fit in her suitcase to the gift card we usually get her for Christmas. She tries to avoid having to ship stuff, so small gifts work better. I have two butterfly dishcloths to make for her. One down, one to go.

Benjamin ~ Hat & Scarf & Driving Gloves

Jayden ~ Hat & Gloves

Bentley ~ Hat & Gloves

Hayden ~ Hat & Gloves

Nannie ~ Shawl

Gramme ~ Shawl

DeWayne ~ Hat & Scarf

Gary ~ Hat & Scarf

Brooklyn ~ Purse

Braydon ~ Hat & Scarf

This is the "Immediate" family list. I'm hoping this year to crochet each of them a personal gift but not so sure I'll be able to finish them all with all of the other things going on! My family lives out of state, but if I manage to get these all done, they will be getting crochet gifts too!

BUSY BUSY Time to get to work!

I had time between Dr's appointments so I was able to finish the beak and one wing for a dino.:cheer Now he just needs one more wing and two feet and he will be finished. Of course while he is slated for Christmas lots can happen before then.:lol:lol

You all are putting me to shame...Christmas is practically on top of us, and I need to get started or forget the whole thing. I'm going to go get my sock yarn ready right NOW.

I just have the list. I've not started a single project! LOL

I had time between Dr's appointments so I was able to finish the beak and one wing for a dino.:cheer Now he just needs one more wing and two feet and he will be finished. Of course while he is slated for Christmas lots can happen before then.:lol:lol

:clap:clap:clap Great job using up waiting room time!

Well I've only started my list - not the projects. But my SIL told me that when my 2 year old great nieces play with their dolls they fight over a doll quilt I had made for their mom when she was little. So I'm making doll quilts or afghans - not sure let - for them and maybe bassinet purses if time. So heres the start of my list:

GNieces--doll quilts,bassinet purses

GNephew--crocheted hard-need to purch pattern its at micahmakes.com

CIL's 1 yearold twins- hard hat and a girlie hat-no pattern idea yet

Over the last two years I've made afghans for all the SIL. Would like to make something this year just not sure yet. Maybe aprons and dishclothes or totes. And for one would like to find or make a bible cover/bag. Any recommendations would be nice. She got me one two years ago that has purse straps instead of little straps. But they only one I've found to get her is the same one she got me.

I completed two hats and a piggy game over the weekend. I'm hoping to get two more hats done and another piggie game this week.

Thanks for the compliment it sounds like you are making great progress.

I got 8 rows done on my afghan over the weekend. It's coming along nicely.

I finished the 18" doll Pilgrim outfit I am doing for a family friend which leaves me with only two more Pilgrim outfits to make for the 18" dolls. I started on a Santa hat for the family friend doll project yesterday and it is almost finished. Then I just have to make the dress to go with it.

*sigh*

My list might be a little overzealous. I think I'm going to have to consider shortening it a bit.

But for now I'm going to leave it as is. If November is as crazy as September and October ... It will definitely be revamped.

*sigh*

My list might be a little overzealous. I think I'm going to have to consider shortening it a bit.

But for now I'm going to leave it as is. If November is as crazy as September and October ... It will definitely be revamped.

I'd keep the list and then you can always move the projects to birthdays, etc. It never hurts to have ideas.

I finished 4 more rows on the afghan (I set a daily goal) after 4 rows I seem to make mistakes.:lol

I finished the Santa hat for the American girl doll and about half of the Mrs. Claus dress. After this I need to move back to finishing my Thanksgiving box. I have to work on a Skipper Pilgrim outfit.

Another 4 Rows done on my afghan and it has put me past my half way point.

I'm about half way through the Mrs. Santa Dress for the 18" doll, but this one is moving slower than the Pilgrim dress. It will be nice to switch to a different type of project when I finish this one and come back to the 18" dolls later.

Excellent! After 4 rows, I don't make mistakes, I just don't want to do it anymore, lol.

I made two of the three angry bird amigurimi (sp?) that I plan to make for my sister. And I completed a Veggietales Bob and Larry for stocking stuffers for my 2 year old. Making Bob was a comedy of errors for me. I couldn't decipher the instructions for the top so I just did my own thing and then I closed it before fully stuffing it. So this morning I used a crochet hook to pull more stuffing through the top where there are bigger gaps from decreases. LOL, I am so glad that it is done.

They're super cute!

I still haven't started a thing! :blush But my October list is ginormous. Must find a way to get going or it will be next Christmas before I'm done.

Archived