Turtle Dishcloth

champygirl

I'm currently moving and without the internet so I'll only be on very sporadically. Sorry if you don't hear back from me if you pm me.

Enjoy!! :hook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Turtle Dishcloth
post-11825-13589769378_thumb.jpg
Copyright to champygirl September 4, 2011

Materials:

Worsted Weight Cotton Yarn in variegated (for shell) and green (for turtle)
Size G or H hook
Yarn needle (to weave in ends)

Different Stitches:

Treble Crochet (TC)-Yarn over 2 times insert hook in specified st, yarn over, pull up a loop, [yarn over, draw through 2 loops] Do this 3 times.

Extended Double Crochet (EDC)-Yarn over, insert hook in specified st, yarn over, draw up a loop, yarn over, draw thru one loop, yarn over, draw thru two loops, yarn over, draw thru last two loops.

Treble Crochet Together (TCTOG)-Explained in pattern.

Picot-Ch2, sl st in 2nd chain from hook.

Note: Ch2 does not count as dc.

Directions:

Rnd 1: With variegated ch5, join with sl st to first chain to form ring, ch2, 12 dc in ring, join with sl st to first dc.
(12dc)

Rnd 2: Ch2, 2 dc in same st as joining, 2 dc in each of the next 11 sts, join with sl st to first dc.
(24dc)

Rnd 3: Ch2, 1 dc in same st as joining, 2 dc in next st, [1 dc in next st, 2 dc in next st] Do this 11 times, join with sl st to first dc.
(36dc)

Rnd 4: Ch2, 2dc in same st as joining, [1 dc in next st, 2 dc in next st] Do this 17 times, 1 dc in next st, join with sl st to first dc.
(54dc)

Rnd 5: Ch2, 1 dc in same st as joining, 1 dc in next st, 2 dc in next st, [1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, 2 dc in next st] Do this 17 times, join with sl st to first dc.
(72dc)

Finish off variegated.

Rnd 6: Join green with sl st to back loop only of any st, ch1, 1 sc in same back loop, 1 sc in back loop only of each of the next 3 sts, 2 sc in back loop only of next st, [1 sc in back loop only of each of the next 4 sts, 2 sc in back loop only of next st] Do this 5 times, 1 sc in back loop only of next st, skip next 2 sts, (2 dc, 2 EDC, 1 TC) all in back loop only of next st, yarn over 2 times, insert hook in same back loop, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull thru 2 loops, yarn over, pull thru 2 loops, yarn over 2 times, insert hook in back loop only of next st, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull thru 2 loops, yarn over, pull thru 2 loops, yarn over, pull thru all 3 loops on hook (TCTOG formed), (1 TC, 2 EDC, 2 dc) all in same back loop, skip next 2 sts, [1 sc in back loop only of each of the next 4 sts, 2 sc in back loop only of next st] Do this 6 times, 1 sc in back loop only of each of the next 5 sts, join with sl st to first sc.
(78sc, 4dc, 4 EDC, 2 TC, 1 TCTOG) (89sts total)

Rnd 7: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 7 sts, sl st in next st, ch3, sl st in 2nd chain from hook, 2 dc in same st, picot, 2 dc in next st, picot, ch2, sl st in same st, 1 sc in each of the next 14 sts, sl st in next st, ch3, sl st in 2nd chain from hook, 2 dc in same st, picot, 2 dc in next st, picot, ch2, sl st in same st, 1 sc in each of the next 11 sts, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next st, 1 EDC in same st, 1 EDC in next st, 1 TC in same st, 2 TC in next st, 1 TC in next st, 1 EDC in same st, 1 EDC in next st, 1 dc in same st, 2 dc in next st, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 sc in each of the next 11 sts, sl st in next st, ch3, sl st in 2nd chain from hook, 2 dc in same st, picot, 2 dc in next st, picot, ch2, sl st in same st, 1 sc in each of the next 14 sts, sl st in next st, ch3, sl st in 2nd chain from hook, 2 dc in same st, picot, 2 dc in next st, picot, ch2, sl st in same st, 1 sc in each of the next 11 sts, ch5, sl st in 2nd chain from hook 1 sc in next chain, 1 hdc in next chain, 2 dc in next chain, 1 sc in same st as last sc, join with sl st to first sc.

Finish off and weave in ends.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl September 4, 2011. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Amelia, this is so cute.  I had, for this past Christmas, made several of your blocks for my grandson's afghan I made him.  One was the turtle.  Thank you for sharing your great patterns.

Archived