What's on your needles right now?

CLLinda

I'm working on a pretty dishcloth for my sister. It says "I Love You" on it. I got the pattern from Ravelry: I Love You Cloth (by knitwitsalley).

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am working on a "scarf triangular poncho" from a beginner knitter book. And I just finished a pair of mittens which was my first ever knit project

Another pair of socks for me: Welsh Country Stockings by Nancy Bush. You can see where I was a few days ago, nearly ready to start the toe, which will be white like the cuff and with the brown diamonds, too. This is my first pair of knee socks.

post-11235-13589777361_thumb.jpg

:angry I started a sweater for my hubby. I love the pattern and love the yarn. Today I was sitting at the LYS knitting away and my needle snapped and over 100 stitches fell off. I got all of them picked up but I should of had the sleve holes done today and now I am so mad at the sweater that I put it in time out. The owner of my LYS is such a sweet heart that she went and got me a new pair of needles and gave them to me. I didn't even buy the needles from her, I would of had to buy a new set but she told me not to worry about it. Now I have to try to get a hold of the company that I bought the needles from and see what they will do about the busted needles.

I'm knitting Alan Darts Hippy Hamsters. Just learned the magic loop for in the round so I am trying it out on the hamsters. Hope it goes well, it would make my knitting list on toys so much faster.

:angry I started a sweater for my hubby. I love the pattern and love the yarn. Today I was sitting at the LYS knitting away and my needle snapped and over 100 stitches fell off. I got all of them picked up but I should of had the sleve holes done today and now I am so mad at the sweater that I put it in time out. The owner of my LYS is such a sweet heart that she went and got me a new pair of needles and gave them to me. I didn't even buy the needles from her, I would of had to buy a new set but she told me not to worry about it. Now I have to try to get a hold of the company that I bought the needles from and see what they will do about the busted needles.

Ouch. What kind of needle were you using?

Nothing! I finished my sweater and now working on a crochet pattern. Nothing on knitting needles at all. That hasn't happened in a while!

:manyheart

I was using a harmony wood needle. My sweter is now on cubics.

Ah, yes. Wood will snap. For something with a lot of weight like a sweater, or under a lot of tension like a sock, metal is often better.

OMGosh! I'm so sorry to hear this! :eek Thankfully you were able to pick up all of your stitches. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This morning I cast on for Kate Gilbert's Clapotis, in a variegated turquoise/teal sock yarn. I'm not sure what I'll wear this with but it will be pretty anyway. The color is a bit more turquoise/teal than these blues would indicate.

post-11235-135897776088_thumb.jpg

I was using a harmony wood needle. My sweter is now on cubics.

I don't know about all of the harmony needles, but we were talking about the dpns set and how knit picks will replace them if they break. It seems like they would do that for all the needle not just the little ones. Hope they send you a replacement.

currently have a few things going.... a ruffle scarf using hl chrysalis. On my #3s I have a green and black shawl pattern I am testing for a ravelry member, on my number 7's I have the left hand side of a pair of fingerless gloves. (getting ready for a craft fair, and my procrastination is catching up with me).

• 2 weeks later...

I just do my christmas gifts to my dearest ones . But i am not good to knitting but i am learning me .. Right now I do some scarfs in ballerina yarn from YP.

I do also a cap to my husband.

And the potholder to my husbands friend and it can take longer time right now is the xmas gift and his cap who is important :) I was sadly i couldnt find any forum with only knitters around the world :( so gladly it was a little space here :knit:

lets see on my size 8 straight needles is one of my son's afghan squares my first experience with color work on my size 9 fixed circulars is a baby blanket done in plain stockinette stitch in red heart zebra print and i just cast on my brand new knit picks nickel plated interchangeable size 4 a fun fur kitty kat that is knitted flat in pieces. I have to say that i hate crocheting with fun fur but knitting with it is much easier...i just have to take great care to keep count of my rows because figuring out by counting them is impossible

• 3 weeks later...

I finally finished the slippers I've been working on since the beginning of the year, (pictures here). and I'm half way done my Christmas Lace scarf. This is a really easy lace pattern, suitable for beginner knitters. It's only a two line pattern so it's easy to memorize as well. I have made a few mistakes and I am not good enough at knitting to fix them, so I left them. They add character!

post-6189-135897781222_thumb.jpg

I taught myself a new pattern making a scarf I like it so much that I am working on my third scarf so far plan to send them up north for family as gifts. Needed a break from crochet and knitting fit the bill.

Took Kim g's class a while back but couldn't seem to get good project mojo going to make anything. Since I really want to make socks i decided to attempt using dpns and working on the round. Finally

vlicked...straight needles are too long! So sticking with dpns and circulars

I was sadly i couldnt find any forum with only knitters around the world :( so gladly it was a little space here :knit:
Are you familiar with Ravelry? It is a huge forum for both knitters and crocheters, but there are many, many sub-groups devoted to knitting of all kinds and interests. Hats, socks, sweaters, scarves — it's all there with a little easy searching. You may also find groups of people from Sweden, 120512. I recommend that you take a look. :)

Archived